Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dissed more, Andy or Cam
Rumor has it that Cam Newton who is on IR will be cut by the Panthers before next season. Missed two game last year and was put on Ir after two games this year. The same year Dalton had his most success he took his team to the Super bowl. If the Panthers can cut their losses and move on why is it so disrespectful for the Bengals to do the same after giving him every chance to prove himself this year?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 08:58 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Rumor has it that Cam Newton who is on IR will be cut by the Panthers before next season. Missed two game last year and was put on Ir after two games this year. The same year Dalton had his most success he took his team to the Super bowl. If the Panthers can cut their losses and move on why is it so disrespectful for the Bengals to do the same after giving him every chance to prove himself this year?

They could have done it a little better, showed AD a little more respect than waiting until 2 hours before trade deadline. However Dalton had to know 1. MB wasn't trading him anyway 2. The benching was coming
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 09:39 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: They could have done it a little better, showed AD a little more respect than waiting until 2 hours before trade deadline. However Dalton had to know 1. MB wasn't trading him anyway 2. The benching was coming

The benching had to come. How else do you sell tickets? Seriously tho, it's a business and even the players will tell you that. I personally don't think we did Andy wrong. He's under contract, he lost his job. Really nothing to see here. Cam Newton? Well, he's a chump and he get's dissed for being a chump. Well that and chomping on gum cause I hate that stuff! It's annoying.

Reply/Quote
What does it matter who was "dissed" more? Neither one fully lived up to the hopes and expectations of their teams and fan bases. I do find it ironic that both are getting "axed" at the same time.

Both are still valuable assets to a team. Cam would be the perfect backup for a Deshaun Watson, Andy would be a perfect backup for any drop back QB on a team with half an OL.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 11:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What does it matter who was "dissed" more?  Neither one fully lived up to the hopes and expectations of their teams and fan bases.  I do find it ironic that both are getting "axed" at the same time.

Both are still valuable assets to a team.  Cam would be the perfect backup for a Deshaun Watson, Andy would be a perfect backup for any drop back QB on a team with half an OL.

Hard to pay 20 million a year to hold a clip board.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 09:39 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: They could have done it a little better, showed AD a little more respect than waiting until 2 hours before trade deadline. However Dalton had to know 1. MB wasn't trading him anyway 2. The benching was coming

This is the point. No one is claiming the Bengals did not need to put in Finley  - if for no other reason to see what they have. What IS the issue is how it was done - on his birthday without notice and so close to the trade deadline that there was no opportunity to work up a deal. It was very tone deaf by the front office and also missed an opportunity to get a draft pick higher than they will get now. 

Cam got hurt and went on IR. Meanwhile his backup has outplayed him. Add in his salary and his constant character red flags and it would not be shocking if the Panthers unloaded him and went in a different direction. 
Reply/Quote
hey a former 1st round pick project..... sounds like 2020 QB is cam.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 02:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: hey a former 1st round pick project.....  sounds like 2020 QB is cam.

We'll be DABBING in the streets. Finally something to look forward to.
Reply/Quote
Well, well, well..Our next QB will be.... Cam Newton.. It's so obvious at this point.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 02:59 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: We'll be DABBING in the streets. Finally something to look forward to.

finally can have cam and AJ on IR together like we always dreamed...

opps ment on the field
Reply/Quote
kaepernick
Reply/Quote
Easily Andy was dissed more.

Simply because Cam was hurt and Allen stepped in and performed well (less well recently now that there's tape on him?) and took an 0-2 team on a 5-2 run. They didn't bench Cam for a random kid, that random kid was forced into action and stepped up.

If Cam was 100% healthy and then got benched, then he'd be in Dalton's situation.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote