Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does Practice Squad get SB RINGS?
Just a question?
Reply/Quote
I don't think they do unless they were called up to play, even if they didn't play, but were on the active roster for a game. But I think we already had a thread on this question.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
From the CBA:

Quote:   Section 15. Practice Squad Super Bowl Rings: Practice Squad players on a Club that

wins the Super Bowl at the time of the Super Bowl will be entitled to a ring similar in
   appearance to the one provided to players on the Active/Inactive List but the Club, in its
   sole discretion, may provide any Practice Squad player with a ring of lesser value.

So they may not get the same ring the other players get but they'll get one if they were on the practice squad at the time of the SB win.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Also for those interested in how many rings the NFL provides:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_ring

Quote:The NFL contributes approximately $5,000-$7,000 per ring for up to 150 rings for the winning team; any additional costs are borne by the team.

So the NFL will provide up to just over 1 million dollars worth of rings.

Edit: The NFL apparently will contribute that much toward the cost of the rings but the rings can and most likely cost more. So the team is on the hook for the rest it seems. See my post later in this thread.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
A lot of people get rings....a lot.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Looks like the team pays for the rings...
Reply/Quote
Kid my nephew played with at Ballard played on New Orleans saints practice squad when winning and he received one.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 08:00 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Also for those interested in how many rings the NFL provides:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_ring

So the NFL will provide up to just over 1 million dollars worth of rings.

Jesus who all gets one?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 08:09 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Looks like the team pays for the rings...

Up above says the NFL pays off up to 150.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 08:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Jesus who all gets one?

From the same wikipedia article:

Quote:The winning team can typically present any number of rings to whomever they choose, including usually, but not limited to: players (active roster, inactive roster, or injured reserve), coaches, trainers, executives, personnel, and general staff. Some teams have given rings to former players and coaches that were on the team at some point during the season, despite not having been on the winning roster for the Super Bowl itself. Sometimes a team will make rings available to fans as part of a charity raffle.  A recent trend over the last 15–20 years has been lesser rings awarded to front office staff. These are commonly called "B" and "C" level rings and are smaller and contain fewer diamonds or contain faux diamonds

If they have any left over they can give me one.  I won't mind.   Tongue

Also it seems there is some correction to my earlier post, "The NFL contributes approximately $5,000-$7,000 per ring for up to 150 rings for the winning team."  That seems to mean they will contribute that amount but the rings can and do cost more.  Example below.

Quote:The New England Patriots Super Bowl XLIX rings reportedly cost $36,500 each, making them the most expensive rings Jostens had ever produced at that time, only to be surpassed by the rings awarded for Super Bowl 50 and Super Bowl LI.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 08:59 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: If they have any left over they can give me one.  I won't mind.   Tongue

I mean, it's at least a couple grand in value and worth much more due to what it is, so obviously I would take one too... but I always thought SB rings were just largely awful to look at. Like someone asked themselves "what if we bedazzled a giant ring?" and never once asked themselves "SHOULD we bedazzle a giant ring?"

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 08:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Up above says the NFL pays off up to 150.

Mikey will go through a few rolls of quarters:

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
As I was saying before, a lot of people get the rings. A team can just churn them out to whoever has an emblem on their shirt and then some. You go people carrying headsets getting rings.

Two separate things I have heard:
1) I think it was Warren Sapp made a comment about winning the Super Bowl was great, but he knows 100s of people have Super Bowl rings. "The equipment guy has the same ring I do," or something to the effect. Was going on to say how special the HOF was because it is only you.
2) That Pawn Stars show I was watching and people were trying to offload Super Bowl rings. Talking about the different values of the tiers of people who owed them. Star players, active players, practice squad, front office people etc. and how different the values are, of course.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind a replica for $40 if we win the super bowl.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 08:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Jesus who all gets one?

each one is pretty expensive...   you see all the diamonds in the last ones?
Reply/Quote
As much as he has played, Trent Taylor deserves one of the fancy regular squad rings.

I actually can not see Mike Brown, as much as we talk about his cheapness, stinting on the rings for everybody.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
And don't forget, someone (I assume the Browns) had to just pony up for AFC Champion rings as well. I suppose the extra revenue they get for going this deep offsets that. I wonder how the profit sharing works at this stage of the game.
Reply/Quote