Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does jared Allen need this Super Bowl ring to get in Hall of Fame?
considering his injury he may make more news by just stepping on the filed for the Super Bowl than actually making a big play. But I don't think he has to win a ring to get in the Hall of Fame. He seems like a shoo in to me. Not only does he have the numbers, but he is probably one of the most liked guys in the whole league.

In fact Allen is one of the reasons I wouldn't mind seeing the Panthers win. i'd like to see him get a ring.
Reply/Quote
Can't see any way he's not a HOFer, ring or no ring. His career speaks for itself. He played at a high level for a very long time and put up crazy numbers. I'd call him a dead certain lock.

And yeah, would be nice to see him go out with a ring.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I don't know......its not like he's Reggie White or Lawrence Taylor.  He's had some really good years with the Chiefs and Vikings, but really he hasn't done much lately.  I think him getting a ring is exactly what he needs to cement his HOF membership.  To me, he's right on the cusp of it.  And if he does, good for him cuz I do like Jared Allen.  He's a throwback player to the good ol' days for me.  
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
He's tied for I think 9th in all time sacks. Not sure if he'll be a first ballot guy (unless he works for NFL Network, and then he'll just waltz through the selection) but I think he has a fairly decent chance at it. 5 Pro Bowls, 4 1st Team All-Pros, 2 NFL Sack Tites, and an NFC DPOY award.

Probably good enough to get in eventually, SB win or not. Probably wouldn't hurt to add a ring though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not a hall of Famer.

I don't like how we are throwing around hall of Famer on these good era players.
Reply/Quote
With the ring, I'm sure he will get in.

Without the ring, it will depend upon his HoF competition.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
No ring no worries
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He has 136 Sacks he should be HOF.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Does he go in as a Viking or Chief?
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 03:00 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Does he go in as a Viking or Chief?

I remembered him playing for the Chiefs, but I could have sworn all his big seasons were with the Vikings.  However his last year with the Chiefs he led the league in sacks and was First Team All Pro.
Reply/Quote