Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is Still Carrying Over from 2015
(09-10-2017, 07:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They were.  They both were the only remaining starters that were here both before and after Zimmer came and went.  They bought into the Bengals 100%, they both played with tremendous heart and were leaders both on the field and in the locker room.  Peko often caught lots of flack from us fans for not being a "superstar", but what he was, was a reliable big body that played an important role.  Not just in his physical duties on the field, but as an encouraging, optimistic voice on the team.

Peko was garbage, complete garbage. He got zero pressure on the QB, the next thing were going to be saying is Rey Mauluga was a core player. ANDREW WHITWORTH was a core player and our offensive leader and our identity. To save a few pennies, we let Big Whit walk intentionally, because we drafted back to back tackles while he was still ballin. Do you remember Whit going off on tweeter after they drafted Fisher? Then apologizing the next day? He knew the lame a** Bengals was going to get rid of him regardless of how he played. That is not a franchise trying to win, that's a franchise saving a buck. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 08:16 PM)bengaltruth Wrote: Peko was garbage, complete garbage. He got zero pressure on the QB, the next thing were going to be saying is Rey Mauluga was a core player. ANDREW WHITWORTH was a core player and our offensive leader and our identity. To save a few pennies we let Big Whit walk intentionally because we drafted back to back tackles while he was still ballin, you remember Whit going off on tweeter after they drafted Fisher, Then apologizing the next day, He knew the Lame Bengals was going to get rid of him regardless of how he played. That is not a franchise trying to win, that's a franchise saving a buck. 

His role wasn't to get pressure on the QB, but to be a fat guy and occupy 2 blockers.  How long have you been watching football??

Now, had you mentioned that he was getting pushed back more readily and easily in the run game, steadily over the past few years, your premise would have had much more effect.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 08:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: His role wasn't to get pressure on the QB, but to be a fat guy and occupy 2 blockers.  How long have you been watching football??

Now, had you mentioned that he was getting pushed back more readily and easily in the run game, steadily over the past few years, your premise would have had much more effect.

I've been watching football for over 30 years, Peko was in decline year after year, to the point he became overpaid dead weight. In todays pass happy NFL, run stuffers must be able to get to the QB, or as you said absorb 2 blockers. Peko only required 1 blocker every game for years. Geno was getting doubled every game, Peko should have been feasting. I thought it sad of him to do the belly roll when he assisted in a tackle or when he was the third guy to reach the QB in a sack Nervous
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 09:12 PM)bengaltruth Wrote:
I've been watching football for over 30 years,
Peko was in decline year after year, to the point he became overpaid dead weight. In todays pass happy NFL, run stuffers must be able to get to the QB, or as you said absorb 2 blockers. Peko only required 1 blocker every game for years. Geno was getting doubled every game, Peko should have been feasting. I thought it sad of him to do the belly roll when he assisted in a tackle or when he was the third guy to reach the QB in a sack Nervous

Well, kudos to your football watching experience.  I've only been watching the Bengals since I was 7, in 1976.  I'm sure that since you're younger, you pick up on things much quicker than I do.  However, with all of your football watching wisdom, and insight from following the Bengals, you already knew that the Bengals don't consider the NT a "premium" position.  Not a spot where they are going to spend any real money or a high draft pick on.  So, they milked Peko for all they could get out of him, literally.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 09:12 PM)bengaltruth Wrote: I've been watching football for over 30 years, Peko was in decline year after year, to the point he became overpaid dead weight. In todays pass happy NFL, run stuffers must be able to get to the QB, or as you said absorb 2 blockers. Peko only required 1 blocker every game for years. Geno was getting doubled every game, Peko should have been feasting. I thought it sad of him to do the belly roll when he assisted in a tackle or when he was the third guy to reach the QB in a sack Nervous

you said it. "pass happy NFL" you'd of thought we'd have invested in pro bowl OT's and maybe we did, but it's a farsight from here. being a bengal fan is one thing and it hasn't changed, probly never will.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 07:59 PM)Derrick Wrote: It's all the fault of the front office. Always has been; always will be.
I agree but the front office didn't blitz on third and seven with no safeties in the middle of the field, or run the ball 200 times up the middle, or come into a new season with the same plays that got 6 9 and 1 a year ago, well never mind it is all the front office fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 09:24 PM)bengaltruth Wrote: I agree but the front office didn't blitz on third and seven with no safeties in the middle of the field, or run the ball 200 times up the middle, or come into a new season with the same plays that got 6 9 and 1 a year ago, well never mind it is all the front office fault.

does the front office not hire and fire them? does the front office not deserve blame for the overall season? agree to disagree.
Reply/Quote