Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eSports
Did you know that there are people out there who watch other people play video games?
Also, more people watch other people play a video game on a daily basis than watch regular sports?

Check out Twitch right now and you will see there are at least 80k people just watching others play League of Legends...it's crazy! It's kind of late right now, so the amount of people watching may drop some, lol.

There are people out there who make a lot of money playing video games as well. From salaries for playing on sponsored teams to endorsements to streaming. A Superstar eSports player can make up to and over $1,000,000.00 a year playing a video game. Of course, these players are the best at whatever game they play and there are maybe 50 to 100 players good enough to make that kind of money but you can still make a decent living playing video games.

There's even a college out there who offers scholarships to video game players.

Who would have thought that eSports would become such a thing?
Reply/Quote
I was really into Rocket League there for a while which I guess it becoming one of the bigger Esports. Unfortunately, it requires a relatively consistent internet connection.

In regards to the increasing number of people who watch Esports: as long as there is genuine competition between 2 opposing factions, there will always be those willing to watch them battle it out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When my girls were younger they used to watch youtube videos of a guy called Pewdipie playing Minecraft.  It seemed crazy to me but now he is one of the most watched subjects on all of youtube and making millions of dollars a year.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 09:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: When my girls were younger they used to watch youtube videos of a guy called Pewdipie playing Mindcraft. It seemed crazy to me but now he is one of the most watched subjects on all of youtube and making millions of dollars a year.

and just got his own tv show.

He is a internet celeberity just because his reactions when playing games lol.

ive seen one or two of his videos. i do have a few youtubers i watch but not streaming games. i would rather play the games myself. butif im stuck somewhere and cant play then maybe lol.
Reply/Quote
My 14 year old does it. He watches people play games like GTA.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I'm a sucker for professional esports, but only the fighting game community. EVO gets hype as all hell.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 03:45 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'm a sucker for professional esports, but only the fighting game community. EVO gets hype as all hell.

they are still battling on starcraft 1 in korea. lol

I was probly born 20 years too early for this =( i love to game but dont get that into the competitive multiplayer aspects of it.
Reply/Quote
I watch a Youtube gamer, but his videos are edited. Also, I watch them while I'm working on other things and just have it going in the background.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 04:43 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I watch a Youtube gamer, but his videos are edited. Also, I watch them while I'm working on other things and just have it going in the background.

my favorite things to watch isnt really game play.. But for instance there is a series of dark souls lore videos where someone has taken the time to search everything and come up with their own theorys on the story and explains in great detail. That stuff is great.

Only real game play video i really really liked was someone talking like christopher walken playing alien isolation hahahaha.
Reply/Quote
I like watching people play GTA. I don't watch people through the internet or anything but back in the day when PS2 was king some of the funniest things me and my friends saw was in GTA III and San Andreas. We'd stand on top of cars and stomp on the hood then watch the driver drive like a maniac through the city. The cops were hilarious back then and also drove like insane people.

Star Wars Battlefront was another fun one to watch. Just sniping wookies.
Reply/Quote