Kiko alonso
Jabaal sheard
Kaptain kirk
Zeitler
Whit (works with or without him)

Cut
Pickman
Maualuga

1 cam robinson T Bama - love whit. But taking the best LT in the country is a no brainer when your starting LT is 35. We will be lucky if he falls. Im not one to give up on draft picks. But Ogbuehi has me concerned. Our OL was just the reason for our bad season. Adding the best offensive linemen in the draft is in no way a bad idea.

2 christian mccaffrey RB Stanford - dynamic do it all rb. Deep class of RBs. There will be a big time rb on the board at pick 41. I hope it is this guy.

2 (ajmc trade) charles harris DE Missouri - need to see more of him. But he might be my favorite DE in the draft.

3 pat elflein C OSU - not an absolute stud, he may fall to us in the 3rd. If he does we give Bodine legit competition.

3 (trade a 4, two 6s, and 7) dede westbrook WR OK - size and off field concerns gift us the speed WR we need. We have enough picks to trade and be aggressive.

4 kevin king CB Wash - i just like the way he plays.

4 zach banner OL USC - just a massive people mover. Power run. Backup RT and RG.

5 troy fumagali TE Wisc - could turn in to solid all around TE.

6 k az st or anybody but nuge.

53 man roster

Qb dalton, driskel
Rb mccaffrey, gio, hill
Fb hewitt
Te eifert, kroft, uzomah, fumagali
Wr aj, boyd, core, ericson, westbrook
T whit, cam, fisher, ogbuehi
G boling, zeitler, westerman, banner
C elflein, bodine

Dt atkins, poe, billings, hardison
De dunlap, sheard, harris, mj, clarke
Lb burfict, kiko, vigil, flowers, dawson, rey
Cb kirk, wj3, dennard, shaw, king, keivare
S iloka, williams, derron, fej

Huber, harris, az st k

Championship
Reply/Quote
Not to reign on your parade, but I don't see any way possible that we could sign all of those free agents with the cap space that we have.

I also don't see Cam Robinson as a surefire fit at left tackle in the NFL. Not sold on him at all.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 03:19 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Free agents
Dontari poe
Kiko alonso
Jabaal sheard
Kaptain kirk
Zeitler
Whit (works with or without him)

Cut
Pickman
Maualuga

1 cam robinson T Bama - love whit. But taking the best LT in the country is a no brainer when your starting LT is 35. We will be lucky if he falls. Im not one to give up on draft picks. But Ogbuehi has me concerned. Our OL was just the reason for our bad season. Adding the best offensive linemen in the draft is in no way a bad idea.

2 christian mccaffrey RB Stanford - dynamic do it all rb. Deep class of RBs. There will be a big time rb on the board at pick 41. I hope it is this guy.

2 (ajmc trade) charles harris DE Missouri - need to see more of him. But he might be my favorite DE in the draft.

3 pat elflein C OSU - not an absolute stud, he may fall to us in the 3rd. If he does we give Bodine legit competition.

3 (trade a 4, two 6s, and 7) dede westbrook WR OK - size and off field concerns gift us the speed WR we need. We have enough picks to trade and be aggressive.

4 kevin king CB Wash - i just like the way he plays.

4 zach banner OL USC - just a massive people mover. Power run. Backup RT and RG.

5 troy fumagali TE Wisc -  could turn in to solid all around TE.

6 k az st or anybody but nuge.

53 man roster

Qb dalton, driskel
Rb mccaffrey, gio, hill
Fb hewitt
Te eifert, kroft, uzomah, fumagali
Wr aj, boyd, core, ericson, westbrook
T whit, cam, fisher, ogbuehi
G boling, zeitler, westerman, banner
C elflein, bodine

Dt atkins, poe, billings, hardison
De dunlap, sheard, harris, mj, clarke
Lb burfict, kiko, vigil, flowers, dawson, rey
Cb kirk, wj3, dennard, shaw, king, keivare
S iloka, williams, derron, fej

Huber, harris, az st k

Championship

How in the world would we afford all of those players? Poe, Alonso, and Sheard gonna all get huge contracts. And that doesn't even include our 2 former 1st round picks that we have to resign. 
Reply/Quote
spotrac says we have 46 million in cap space for next year. cutting pickman and maualuga adds another 10 million. so 56 million in cap space.
Give Poe a contract like Damon Harrison got last year. 5 year 46 million. 9.25 mil a year
Jabaal Sheard gets a raise from his last contract. 3 year 21 million 7 mil a year
Kiko alonso gets a contract in line with some of the highest paid MLBs. 4 year 32 million. 8 mil a year
kaptain kirk gets the franchise tag while we try to work out a long term deal. 14 mil
zeitler gets his top 5 guard money 5 year 43.75mil. 8.75 mil a year
whit gets a one year deal equal to zeitler so he doesnt get butt hurt 8.75 mil

and the new contracts come in at 55.75 million a year.

So by rough estimates it could work. Cutting Vincent Rey, Sims, and finding a punter that doesnt cost over 3 million a year would give us some cushion under the cap like we are used to.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 01:23 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Not to reign on your parade, but I don't see any way possible that we could sign all of those free agents with the cap space that we have.

I also don't see Cam Robinson as a surefire fit at left tackle in the NFL.  Not sold on him at all.

Started at LT as a true freshman in the SEC for the best team in college football and has started every game at LT in his 3 years. Faced some of the best pass rushers college football has to offer. I think he is by far the best LT in the draft. 

Shut down the guy considered the #1 prospect in the draft. He isn't flawless. But he also isn't a finished product. As a true junior he has room to get better. One thing he does do very well is open up holes in the run game. And his aggressive demeanor is much needed on this team.  
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 06:00 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Started at LT as a true freshman in the SEC for the best team in college football and has started every game at LT in his 3 years. Faced some of the best pass rushers college football has to offer. I think he is by far the best LT in the draft. 

Shut down the guy considered the #1 prospect in the draft. He isn't flawless. But he also isn't a finished product. As a true junior he has room to get better. One thing he does do very well is open up holes in the run game. And his aggressive demeanor is much needed on this team.  

he's not the sure fire pick imo that the draft last year had ala Conklin decker tunsil etc. Would much rather get elflien in second great aggressive center a real punch u in the mouth guy then draft a lt next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 06:30 PM)Jpoore Wrote: he's not the sure fire pick imo that the draft last year had ala Conklin decker tunsil etc. Would much rather get elflien in second great aggressive center a real punch u in the mouth guy then draft a lt next year.

If we can get the best LT and best C in the draft this year I am all for it. 
Reply/Quote
Just saw the Kiko Alonso will be a restricted free agent. So that wont be happening.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 05:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: spotrac says we have 46 million in cap space for next year. cutting pickman and maualuga adds another 10 million. so 56 million in cap space.
Give Poe a contract like Damon Harrison got last year. 5 year 46 million. 9.25 mil a year
Jabaal Sheard gets a raise from his last contract. 3 year 21 million 7 mil a year
Kiko alonso gets a contract in line with some of the highest paid MLBs. 4 year 32 million. 8 mil a year
kaptain kirk gets the franchise tag while we try to work out a long term deal. 14 mil

So by rough estimates it could work. Cutting Vincent Rey, Sims, and finding a punter that doesnt cost over 3 million a year would give us some cushion under the cap like we are used to.

Poe will get significantly more than 5 years/$46 mill.  He will be highly sought after, probably $70-80 mil range.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 05:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: spotrac says we have 46 million in cap space for next year. cutting pickman and maualuga adds another 10 million. so 56 million in cap space.

Problem is we always roll 10-12 million over for extensions/rookie contracts.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 08:34 PM)Whatever Wrote: Poe will get significantly more than 5 years/$46 mill.  He will be highly sought after, probably $70-80 mil range.

They will probably franchise tag him anyway. Doubt he gets much more than the 9.25mil a year long term i proposed. He might get more than 10 a year but not by much. But if he happens to become available we should at least pick up the phone.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 01:56 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: They will probably franchise tag him anyway. Doubt he gets much more than the 9.25mil a year long term i proposed. He might get more than 10 a year but not by much. But if he happens to become available we should at least pick up the phone.

Eric Berry will likely get the FT from the Chiefs.  Poe's stats are comparable to Marcel Dareus, who's making $15+ mil a year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Would love to get Jeffery at 5 mill a year
Reply/Quote