Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
economist ethnically profiled,interrogated for doing math on American Airlines flight
(05-08-2016, 04:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say here. 

But hey, thanks to that hard-hitting, facts-based article; we know she was wearing flip flops. Uh oh Sandals, the common footwear of Arabs; maybe that is why she didn't get back on (not allowed back on) the plane. Or maybe it was because she was a woman. Contact Catherine Rampell I think we have a subject for her next hard-hitting, facts-based article. 

Wait, so i directly answered your "questions" and you still can't talk about it because you don't like the way it was written?

Why did you post at all then?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-08-2016, 04:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You do realize in this forum that race is not based on physical attributes. Makes it so much easier to call someone a racist. 

Especially when people only care how white the other person's skin looks.

(05-08-2016, 05:30 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Wouldn't it have been just as easy to tell the woman you are an Economist working on a math formula?

The fact that Airport Security were trying to be vague and not put the guy on the spot(probably not too offend in public)is where the real fault is here.

I just saw the new Captain America at the movie theater this weekend and they ran a service announcement about "sketchy characters".

Basically they were saying pay attention and report something even if it's nothing.

Just like taking your shoes off at the airport.  It's the world we live in.

People will make mistakes.  It's not perfect...  but safety is the main agenda.

Probably because he was was concentrating and it really was none of her business.  It's just funny that she felt so unsafe she got off the  plane...and didn't tell anyone else to.  Then there are people who think it was a good thing because we have to look out for...wait for it...foreign looking people but then turn around and accuse others of not caring about physical attributes and race.
(05-08-2016, 01:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: I find amusing folks who think as long as it isn't a white guy getting profiled its, well, amusing.

Smirk

(05-08-2016, 09:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: Especially when people only care how white the other person's skin looks.

First you say it's because he's not white... then you find out he's white and you say it's because he's not white as a ghost... OK... looks like you're reaching a little bit to make it seem like every little thing is racist. Well maybe a more than a little.

The guy looks like a white nerd. It's not even like he looked like he was middle eastern or anything. Unless you think messy black hair looks middle eastern.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-08-2016, 09:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: Wait, so i directly answered your "questions" and you still can't talk about it because you don't like the way it was written?

Why did you post at all then?

Oh, I absolutely love the way it was written;  that is the reason I posted. What is there I should be talking about in the OP? A woman felt uncomfortable about her seat mate on a plane and asked to get off? 

Please post more of these hard-hitting, facts-based articles; they are extremely amusing.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-08-2016, 11:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, I absolutely love the way it was written;  that is the reason I posted. What is there I should be talking about in the OP? A woman felt uncomfortable about her seat mate on a plane and asked to get off? 

Please post more of these hard-hitting, facts-based articles; they are extremely amusing.  

So you dispute a fact int he article or you just don't like them?

You're funny.

Anyway, about that article, I'd think we'd care more about the victim of the accusation...but then we'd have to ignore making a point about the facts in the article and how they don't feed the proper narrative. 
(05-08-2016, 11:04 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: First you say it's because he's not white... then you find out he's white and you say it's because he's not white as a ghost... OK... looks like you're reaching a little bit to make it seem like every little thing is racist. Well maybe a more than a little.

The guy looks like a white nerd. It's not even like he looked like he was middle eastern or anything. Unless you think messy black hair looks middle eastern.

I wonder where SN is?

Anyway...I was responding to a post where someone cared that we are told the accuser was white but says we should care about the race of the accused.

Carry on.
(05-08-2016, 11:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: I wonder where SN is?

Anyway...I was responding to a post where someone cared that we are told the accuser was white but says we should care about the race of the accused.

Carry on.

Nowhere in Bfines post said anything about the color of the accusers skin... nice try though.
(05-08-2016, 11:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: So you dispute a fact int he article or you just don't like them?

You're funny.

Anyway, about that article, I'd think we'd care more about the victim of the accusation...but then we'd have to ignore making a point about the facts in the article and how they don't feed the proper narrative. 

I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say here. I can only assume you are trying to stand up for a Caucasian. 

What did the guy in the article get accused of exactly? We must know this if we are compelled to care about him. 

(05-08-2016, 11:35 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: No where in Bfines post said anything about the color of the accusers skin... nice try though.

Unfortunately, the article didn't comment on the tone of here skin, but we do know she was wearing Arabic footwear. 

(05-08-2016, 11:35 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Nowhere in Bfines post said anything about the color of the accusers skin... nice try though.

Of course not...he just played up the description of the accused while describing the hair color of the accuser.  Then he can say "he didn't say that" which you did for him.

But this is really not talking about the article where someone got questioned, a fly got delayed and a woman left the plane because she was looking for something and saw math.   Smirk
(05-09-2016, 12:13 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say here. I can only assume you are trying to stand up for a Caucasian. 

What did the guy in the article get accused of exactly? We must know this if we are compelled to care about him. 

He was accused of not answering the accusers questions clearly enough for her while doing something she didn't understand.

Welcome to America!  Better not have a tan....

Now...why do you care that it described both people including how she was dressed?
(05-09-2016, 07:03 AM)GMDino Wrote: Of course not...he just played up the description of the accused while describing the hair color of the accuser.  Then he can say "he didn't say that" which you did for him.

But this is really not talking about the article where someone got questioned, a fly got delayed and a woman left the plane because she was looking for something and saw math.   Smirk

Hair color doesn't indicate what race you are. There is a little known invention called "hair dye". Maybe you have heard of it?
(05-09-2016, 08:01 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Hair color doesn't indicate what race you are. There is a little known invention called "hair dye". Maybe you have heard of it?

I have!  Thank you for that!

Yawn

Edit: Was just thinking....you know someone can be "olive skinned" and not be a terrorist too. Right?
(05-07-2016, 09:27 PM)Benton Wrote: I would rather people speak up when they're concerned. Ultimately it's a headache for security, but isn't that why we're pumping tax dollars into extra security? Hundreds of millions to Homeland Security grants every year, extra checks at airports. I don't fault the woman for being concerned, but airport security should vet the guy fairly quickly and move on.

This.

There are always going to be false leads.  It was bad that there was a delay in this case, but it was not like the guy was arrested and held for any period of time.
(05-09-2016, 09:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: I have!  Thank you for that!

Yawn

Edit:  Was just thinking....you know someone can be "olive skinned" and not be a terrorist too.  Right?

Obviously I know that.

I was just thinking... you know someone can be "white" and not be a racist too. Right?
(05-09-2016, 10:40 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Obviously I know that.

I was just thinking... you know someone can be "white" and not be a racist too. Right?

Well isn't this turning into an insightful and educational thread!

Yes, I did know that!

But white folks can be racist, right?
the real sad thing is that she didnt know he was clearly doing math....
People suck
(05-09-2016, 10:54 AM)GMDino Wrote: Well isn't this turning into an insightful and educational thread!

Yes, I did know that!

But white folks can be racist, right?

Yes, so can every other race.

You do know that "olive skinned" people can be terrorists too, right? (and every other race/skin tone for that matter)
(05-09-2016, 11:09 AM)Griever Wrote: the real sad thing is that she didnt know he was clearly doing math....

Bingo!

And she was so confused she thought he was a terrorist.  

Now, was that just because he was writing something she thought was a foreign language?  Or just because he wouldn't tell her what he was doing?  Or because of his appearance?

They are all dumb reasons.
(05-09-2016, 11:31 AM)GMDino Wrote: Bingo!

And she was so confused she thought he was a terrorist.  

Now, was that just because he was writing something she thought was a foreign language?  Or just because he wouldn't tell her what he was doing?  Or because of his appearance?

They are all dumb reasons.

Maybe he's a weirdo and she's a paranoid freak.

Can the world handle that two people of that nature could be seated next to one another.

Or... does it have to be she's a nosey racist and this guy is a level headed genuis?

Clearly that can only be the only true black & white answer... right?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]