Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
electric car commercial
First of all let me say that I am a big proponent of electric cars.  But I recently saw a commercial for an electric car that bothered me.

A guy drives up to a gas station in a hybrid and starts using the window cleaner without buying any gas.  The attendant tells him the window cleaner is only free if you buy gas.  The other patrons seem to mock the attendant and the car owner buys like 15 cents worth of gas.

To me it seems like the guy who expected to use the window cleaner without buying any gas was a jerk.

What do you all think?

**EDIT** found it

Reply/Quote
Related story: A few years back we drove to the family's house for Christmas. There's a gas station about halfway that we stop at. The store was closed but the pumps were on for credit only. On the way there we topped off and cleaned off the windshield with the squeegee. On the way back, we stopped to top off, but there were no squeegees at any of the pumps.

What kind of sorry person would steal the complimentary squeegees on Christmas Day when the owner offered the convenience of leaving the pumps operational?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
"Here..You can have the dirt on my windshield in exchange.. " I wouldn't even acknowledge someone like that and I'd DARE them to even attempt to enforce it..  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I would suggest that the "purchase rule" would be in play here. In essence, if you stop to use the restroom at a fast-food place or gas station, you make a small purchase for the convenience. I was taught that as a kid, and I still adhere to it today. It's a fair exchange, I believe. So, I would apply that to the washer fluid as well. It's for customers, so duck inside and buy a hot dog or a couple of lottery scratchers and then use the washer fluid guilt-free.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Completely unbelievable. This isn't the 50s. No one is coming outside to complain about squeegie usage. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote