Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ex-Bengals "training camp MVP" for other teams
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27399741/training-camp-mvps-all-32-nfl-teams

Green Bay Packers
Wide receiver Jake Kumerow
The underdog receiver wowed the Packers last summer only to dive into the end zone and hurt his shoulder as he scored during the preseason. Kumerow wasn't activated until the final month of the season and finished with just eight catches for 103 yards and one touchdown. Another flawless camp -- few can recall him ever dropping a pass -- has him in line for a significant role this season. Said Aaron Rodgers: "He's just a very smart guy, cerebral guy, and you guys know I love playing with those kind of guys." -- Rob Demovsky

Atlanta Falcons

Running back Brian Hill
He's trying to win time in the backfield behind Devonta Freeman and Ito Smith. Hill is a bigger back and is also competing with rookie Qadree Ollison for a role. Coach Dan Quinn has been impressed with how Hill has improved catching. We'll see if it's enough to earn a spot on the 53. -- Vaughn McClure

I will admit that I have said a few times that I doubt Brian Hill makes a roster this year. So I may need to buy some "Crow Sauce".
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 05:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27399741/training-camp-mvps-all-32-nfl-teams

Green Bay Packers
The underdog receiver wowed the Packers last summer only to dive into the end zone and hurt his shoulder as he scored during the preseason. Kumerow wasn't activated until the final month of the season and finished with just eight catches for 103 yards and one touchdown. Another flawless camp -- few can recall him ever dropping a pass -- has him in line for a significant role this season. Said Aaron Rodgers: "He's just a very smart guy, cerebral guy, and you guys know I love playing with those kind of guys." -- Rob Demovsky

Atlanta Falcons

Running back Brian Hill
He's trying to win time in the backfield behind Devonta Freeman and Ito Smith. Hill is a bigger back and is also competing with rookie Qadree Ollison for a role. Coach Dan Quinn has been impressed with how Hill has improved catching. We'll see if it's enough to earn a spot on the 53. -- Vaughn McClure

I will admit that I have said a few times that I doubt Brian Hill makes a roster this year.  So I may need to buy some "Crow Sauce".

Nice thread Fred and way to own up on Brian Hill. Wanted to keep this guy last season.

Nice to hear Kumerow is doing well, always thought he was talented with his size and speed.
Reply/Quote
Kumerow always had it in him to perform well. His challenge has been staying healthy

Even with a good camp it doesn't appear as if Hill is a roster lock. I hope it works out for him

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Brian Hill is gonna take Ito Smith's job. Smith is just a guy.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Dang wish we had Kumerow right about now
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 10:00 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Dang wish we had Kumerow right about now

We'll always have him in our hearts...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 10:00 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Dang wish we had Kumerow right about now

A late round or undrafted WR who has proven nothing but gets overhyped every single offseason like clockwork?....feel like we’ve have about three of those every year for the past decade including this year
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 10:37 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: A late round or undrafted WR who has proven nothing but gets overhyped every single offseason like clockwork?....feel like we’ve have about three of those every year for the past decade including this year

True that and Damien Willis and Morgan both look better already than Kume ever looked for us as a rookie.
Reply/Quote
I remember seeing something a few weeks ago about Aaron Rogers being high on Kumerow. I wouldn't be shocked if he gets a good opportunity this year.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 11:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True that and Damien Willis and Morgan both look better already than Kume ever looked for us as a rookie.

I really like both those guys and Tate.   I want to keep all three on the 53.   I think they'll be better than Malone and Core.
Reply/Quote
Was just about to write; it never worked out for Kumerow here, because we were always stacked at receiver.

Even given this year, I don't think he'd make the team (maybe as a 7th, because of AJ).

GB has nobody at the position, aside from Valdes-Scantling and Devante Adams (TBH; everyone else is easily replaceable), thus it makes him much more valuable to them, than us.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 10:53 AM)3wt Wrote: I really like both those guys and Tate.   I want to keep all three on the 53.   I think they'll be better than Malone and Core.

Feel the same.

(08-21-2019, 11:56 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Was just about to write; it never worked out for Kumerow here, because we were always stacked at receiver.

Even given this year, I don't think he'd make the team (maybe as a 7th, because of AJ).

GB has nobody at the position, aside from Valdes-Scantling and Devante Adams (TBH; everyone else is easily replaceable), thus it makes him much more valuable to them, than us.

True, we are deep at WR. They are really thin.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 05:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27399741/training-camp-mvps-all-32-nfl-teams

Green Bay Packers

Atlanta Falcons

Running back Brian Hill

I will admit that I have said a few times that I doubt Brian Hill makes a roster this year.  So I may need to buy some "Crow Sauce".

Always thought Kumerow was worth a spot...
Reply/Quote