Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
final mock w 1 trade
Here's my final mock. I see us trading back in the 2nd round with Carolina who I believe takes a QB at 33.

1) Joe Burrow-QB LSU

2) 38 from Carolina Grant Delpit -S LSU

3) Denzel Mims-WR Baylor

4) Tyler Biadasz- G- Wisconsin

4) 110 from Carolina Akeem Davis Gaither- WLB Appalachian St.

5) Kamal Martin- LB Minnesota

6) Johnathon Garvin- EDGE Miami

7) Raequan Williams- DL Michigan St.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2020, 10:37 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: Here's my final mock. I see us trading back in the 2nd round with Carolina who I believe takes a QB at 33.

1) Joe Burrow-QB LSU

2) 38 from Carolina Grant Delpit -S LSU

3) Denzel Mims-WR Baylor

4) Tyler Biadasz- G- Wisconsin

4) 110 from Carolina Akeem Davis Gaither- WLB Appalachian St.

5) Kamal Martin- LB Minnesota

6) Johnathon Garvin- EDGE Miami

7) Raequan Williams- DL Michigan St.

I must have missed what has caused Delpit to go from a near-consensus Top 10 pick to now being projected in the 2nd round?
Not meaning this as a dig at your projection, as I've seen Delpit start to slip across some other sites. I just haven't seen/heard as to why.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've seen a lot of people saying that he just sucks at tackling. That being said, if he's around at 33 and we don't take him there, he's probably not going to be around at 38.

If he falls to 33, I would take him there in a minute and not look back.
Reply/Quote
I like half of your picks, not sure about the last 3 rounds. And I didn't see yours before I did mine, but I'm certain that Caro will be wanting to trade with us in round 2 so they can get their QB.

For me, I have prefer to draft outstanding Div II guys vs average Power 5 guys.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 05:04 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I've seen a lot of people saying that he just sucks at tackling. That being said, if he's around at 33 and we don't take him there, he's probably not going to be around at 38.

Why would you waste a valuable 2nd pick on a safety that can't tackle???

That sounds like wasting a 2nd round pick on a TE that can't catch (Sample)...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 12:04 AM)JSR18 Wrote: Why would you waste a valuable 2nd pick on a safety that can't tackle???

That sounds like wasting a 2nd round pick on a TE that can't catch (Sample)...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm not.  I'm "wasting" that pick on the best coverage safety in the draft who played most of last year with an ankle injury that gave him problems.  That being said, coverage skills are the most important aspect for a safety.

Would I take that risk in the top 15?  No, but I'll sure do it at #33.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 12:58 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm not.  I'm "wasting" that pick on the best coverage safety in the draft who played most of last year with an ankle injury that gave him problems.  That being said, coverage skills are the most important aspect for a safety.

WhoDey2    OK, my question was based on your quote of him not being able to tackle. I think I'd go for a safety that can do both...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 12:58 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm not.  I'm "wasting" that pick on the best coverage safety in the draft who played most of last year with an ankle injury that gave him problems.  That being said, coverage skills are the most important aspect for a safety.

Disagree with coverage being the most important skill of a safety. It’s important but your the last line of defense of u can’t tackle ur giving up 6 points. Now if we’re talking about a corner I’ll concede coverage being most important but we’re not we’re taking about safety. But I’d take Delpit at 38.
Reply/Quote
Also I’d be stoked if the draft went this way. This a good draft
Reply/Quote
I don't think he sucks at tackling. That would be the reason that he is not being viewed as a surefire top 15 pick.

He didn't look right the first part of the year, which I would attribute to his ankle injury.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 04:10 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Disagree with coverage being the most important skill of a safety.  It’s important but your the last line of defense of u can’t tackle ur giving up 6 points.  Now if we’re talking about a corner I’ll concede coverage being most important but we’re not we’re taking about safety.  But I’d take Delpit at 38.

In today's NFL, coverage is by far the most important skill.

There are very few times when a running back is running completely free and it's only the safety that can stop him.  On the flip side, there's plenty of plays where a blown coverage or poor coverage by the safety lead to first downs and big plays.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 05:04 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I've seen a lot of people saying that he just sucks at tackling.  That being said, if he's around at 33 and we don't take him there, he's probably not going to be around at 38.

I sure hope they keep saying that bullshit. Would be ecstatic with Delpit at 33. His injury slowed him down early in the year.

Delpit is a very good tackler, he might whiff once in awhile but most defenders do. Guy is great in coverage and a good tackler.

To Schroomy, love this mock man. Cool

BTW, I am waiting to do my Mocks after FA when I have a better idea of what is going on.
Reply/Quote