Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
four man rotation
Wonder if the Reds or any other team will go with a 4 man rotation since the season will be so short.

Even with a 4 man rotation a starter would only get something like 15 starts.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 02:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wonder if the Reds or any other team will go with a 4 man rotation since the season will be so short.

Reds already have their 5 man rotation set so no or at least not to start the season.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Starting-rotation-set--24252
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 03:18 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Reds already have their 5 man rotation set so no or at least not to start the season.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Starting-rotation-set--24252

How the hell do you expect me to find that thread?

:whiteflag:
Reply/Quote
I'd say it's a good possibility especially if say Miley or Disco just aren't getting it done. We get a few weeks into the season and I doubt anything is off the table. With such a short season there's just no room for error.

We may see stuff unheard of before. Teams may go the opener, mids, closers system more ? 6 or 7 pitchers every game ?

If it does actually start it's going to be interesting to see all the strategy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 03:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How the hell do you expect me to find that thread?

Before you started this thread it was the 4th from the top so it shouldn't have been too hard to find.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 03:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How the hell do you expect me to find that thread?

Did you actually click the link?  I did, and it took me right to it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 02:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wonder if the Reds or any other team will go with a 4 man rotation since the season will be so short.

I'm not for it because it leaves out Disco or Miley.  Also because I don't see many days off as they squeeze in 60 games fast.   Reds have Gray, Castillo, Bauer, Disco, Miley and I'm for using all 5.  Who knows,  Miley or Disco may be some of best pitchers.   

I would say don't add to the bullpen this way.  There really are not enough games to wear out the bullpen.  It's like playing April and May. 

I think Disco and Miley need there turns on the mound.   The goal is October play-offs.  In October make normal play-off adjustments.   Now if its last days of season and Reds need to win last 2 games to beat out Cubs or somebody, YES, use 2 best pitchers with 3 days rest in them. 

Again, it may be Disco or Miley have best 2 months of the others.  

The strength to the 2020 Reds was the 5 starters,  so lets use them.  Disco or Miley may be HOT for us,  and some others NOT.   Lets see all 5 on the mound as planned in 2020.   

It's been a while since baseball.  I assume we still have Iggey, Garrett, Lorenezen plus others in the pen.  Don't worry about over using them in such a short season.  Down the stretch in September, use them like 7th game of World Series if needed.  Use all this pitching to go to Play-Offs.   PITCHING WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.   Reds went out and added Bauer and Miley, use them. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Miley looked pretty rough when he was out there in the Spring. If he can't get it together, I wouldn't opposed to it.
Reply/Quote
The first team that inevitably loses a starter to injury and realizes their 6th option isn't inspiring will probably be the first to go to a 4 man rotation. I've not given up on Mahle making something of himself as a starter, but as of last year I would rather take Gray/Castillo/DeScalfani on 3 days rest than Mahle in such a short season.

Or the Reds if Bauer continues his poor showing as a Red from last year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 05:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The first team that inevitably loses a starter to injury and realizes their 6th option isn't inspiring will probably be the first to go to a 4 man rotation. I've not given up on Mahle making something of himself as a starter, but as of last year I would rather take Gray/Castillo/DeScalfani on 3 days rest than Mahle in such a short season.

Or the Reds if Bauer continues his poor showing as a Red from last year.

Last year and early Spring Training doesn't mean jack.   They went out and got Bauer and Miley and they should get early starts with Gray, Castillo, Disco.   Don't Assume.   Start with the planned 5 man rotation. 

I'm not worried about Reds pitching.  I'm worried how Reds batters couldn't get above .250 last year, let alone near .300.....Can we have some batters hit .300.....Hey Joey,  give us .300 for 2 months, would ya'...This Galvis everybody in Reds Nation raved about getting, he needs to hit.  Last year Reds had a couple home run hitters, but just about every Reds hitter had lousy batting averages, meaning too many outs to win.   I know we have pitching, do we have hitting.  Last year almost every players B.A. was awful.  They need to come out Hitting or they will be knocked out of this 60 game sprint fast. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote