Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
glass rail
Got the tempered glass rail installed, took months to get cut/delivered. Came out pretty nice!

[Image: 49828715848_731f90f81a_b.jpg]

[Image: 49829559262_e97bcbb3a2_b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Why doesn't it set on the deck?
Reply/Quote
I have never seen something like this outside before.

It looks cool, but also like a pain in the ass to keep clean.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 11:26 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Why doesn't it set on the deck?

Maybe too close to the fire trough?

That thing is going to get smoked up when he burns his trash out there.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
Because I didn't want to see any hardware on the deck.

Actually so far I have a feeling it won't get any dirtier than your house windows which seem to only need a windexing once a year under normal conditions, but we'll see.

I can't burn anything in here because it's a gas firepit, lol. Doesn't stop my neighbors from burning trash in their normal firepits.

They can only insure tempered glass at a certain square footage, so I went with a 10ft piece behind the firepit. They may have been able to go the whole width, I think it's something like 57-60 square ft before it won't be warrantied.

[Image: 49831133538_7959464de6_b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 08:31 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I can't burn anything in here because it's a gas firepit, lol. 

I know.  I was joking.
Reply/Quote
It looks like something ran into the glass yesterday (possibly a bird), I didn't see any dead animal anywhere. After cleaning that part with windex I was reminded of this thread and hope I'm not out there every other day cleaning it.

When I got my convertible a long time ago I remember there was another convertible in front of me at the stoplight downtown. An old guy with no hair. He stood up, took a paper towel and some windows, and reached around the front windshield to clean something off it before sitting back down. I my head I thought, please don't let me turn into this guy. Drving a convertible, nobody in the passenger seat, lost all my hair, and cleaning glass in such an awkward fashion at a stop light.
Reply/Quote