Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
good franchise bad franchise
I know what AJ has meant to the Bengals franchise but would like to pose a question. Do the good franchises sign him or let him walk??? Jerry Rice, Cliff branch , Randy Moss all have been shown the door in their careers for far less than missing a year and a half of games. Why is a big percentage of the fans OK with basically giving money to players who have a china mans chance of ever giving any return on the investment. Are those fans in reality Mike Browns disciples and he makes these crazy moves to pacify the people who have separation anxiety . He is doing his best to sooth the savage beasts all the while telling the rest of us " Super Bowl you ain't getting no Super Bowl" F&^$ off!!! WHO-DEY you ain't getting no dey.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 11:54 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I know what AJ has meant to the Bengals franchise but would like to pose a question. Do the good franchises sign him or let him walk??? Jerry Rice, Cliff branch , Randy Moss all have been shown the door in their careers for far less than missing a year and a half of games. Why is a big percentage of the fans OK with basically giving money to players who have a china mans chance of ever giving any return on the investment. Are those fans in reality Mike Browns disciples and he makes these crazy moves to pacify the people who have separation anxiety . He is doing his best to sooth the savage beasts all the while telling the rest of us " Super Bowl you ain't getting no Super Bowl" F&^$ off!!! WHO-DEY you ain't getting no dey.

GREAT QUESTIONS. And I think 'good franchises' generally let the player go IF the player doesn't play for a reduced salary. Guys like Hines Ward stayed with the Steelers. But you mention a bunch that were shown the door. He's played 1 full year out of the last 4.

As far as here? It's not like the Bengals will go on a wild free agent spending spree with his $17 million though. So it's a tougher question.

Smart teams would have a plan and trade him if he wasn't in the plan.

We make moves out of fear here. We were burned by Whitworth leaving and not being able to replace him. I suspect the same fear will prevail with Green.
Reply/Quote
Another question: How many teams with $15+ million a year tied up in a WR win a Super Bowl?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 12:00 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: GREAT QUESTIONS. And I think 'good franchises' generally let the player go IF the player doesn't play for a reduced salary. Guys like Hines Ward stayed with the Steelers. But you mention a bunch that were shown the door. He's played 1 full year out of the last 4.

As far as here? It's not like the Bengals will go on a wild free agent spending spree with his $17 million though. So it's a tougher question.

Smart teams would have a plan and trade him if he wasn't in the plan.

We make moves out of fear here. We were burned by Whitworth leaving and not being able to replace him. I suspect the same fear will prevail with Green.

I liken it to the Alaskan family not wanting to put the ageing aunt out in the cold cause she can no longer chew the boots because of a decline in the number of useable teeth. Dunlap and Atkins need to take a steep cut in their salary if they want to return in 2020. Mike Brown needs to spend the money he is gifting Dalton , Atkins, and Dunlap,(47MIL) and fill holes . If MB operates the same way next year I will be done.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 12:33 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I liken it to the Alaskan family not wanting to put the ageing aunt out in the cold cause she can no longer chew the boots because of a decline in the number of useable teeth. Dunlap and Atkins need to take a steep cut in their salary if they want to return in 2020. Mike Brown needs to spend the money he is gifting Dalton , Atkins, and Dunlap,(47MIL) and fill holes . If MB operates the same way next year I will be done.

Sadly cutting players is not part of their operating mode.

IF they did cut those guys...I honestly doubt they'd go out and sign a bunch of free agents.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 12:35 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Sadly cutting players is not part of their operating mode.

IF they did cut those guys...I honestly doubt they'd go out and sign a bunch of free agents.

Imagine working at a job where the highest paid employees didn't do as much as you did. It would take away any incentive to improve and do better.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 12:56 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Imagine working at a job where the highest paid employees didn't do as much as you did. It would take away any incentive to improve and do better.

Those are known as crappy places to work and people who work there end up getting annoyed with the flawed system and quitting.  The Bengals just happen to be the NFL equivalent of that crappy place we all worked at where we had to pick up the slack for the boss' kid.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote