Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"gotta figure out something to win"
https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/eugenio-suarez-home-run-in-reds-loss

Umm yes they do.

Here are some key issues that have plagued Cincinnati's offense:

• The .207 team batting average is ranked last in the Majors.

• A .226 batting average on balls in play (BABIP) also ranks last -- by a full 30 points.

• Over the last six games, the Reds are 1-for-21 with runners in scoring position.

• The top four spots in the Reds' lineup are batting a collective .187 for the season.

• Castellanos, who opened as one of baseball’s hottest hitters, is 6-for-45 (.133) over his last 12 games, including 1-for-9 with runners in scoring position. Votto, who was moved into the leadoff spot this week, is 8-for-49 (.163) over his last 14 games and 1-for-10 with runners in scoring position.

• Suárez is batting .149 with a .592 OPS and four homers in 2020 after he slugged 49 home runs last season.

They have 4 on road against Brewer and then 4 at home vs. Cubs. If they don't win at least 6 of these games and get to .500 it's over
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 01:28 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/eugenio-suarez-home-run-in-reds-loss

Umm yes they do.

Here are some key issues that have plagued Cincinnati's offense:

• The .207 team batting average is ranked last in the Majors.

• A .226 batting average on balls in play (BABIP) also ranks last -- by a full 30 points.

• Over the last six games, the Reds are 1-for-21 with runners in scoring position.

• The top four spots in the Reds' lineup are batting a collective .187 for the season.

• Castellanos, who opened as one of baseball’s hottest hitters, is 6-for-45 (.133) over his last 12 games, including 1-for-9 with runners in scoring position. Votto, who was moved into the leadoff spot this week, is 8-for-49 (.163) over his last 14 games and 1-for-10 with runners in scoring position.

• Suárez is batting .149 with a .592 OPS and four homers in 2020 after he slugged 49 home runs last season.

They have 4 on road against Brewer and then 4 at home vs. Cubs. If they don't win at least 6 of these games and get to .500 it's over

Disgusted, but not the least surprised by any of those stats.  One stat they are probably among the leaders in is runners left on base.  They truly suck at coming through. 

Votto is just stealing money.  It pisses me off just to look at him.  His weirdness has overtaken his talent.  He is finished.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 10:41 AM)McC Wrote: Disgusted, but not the least surprised by any of those stats.  One stat they are probably among the leaders in is runners left on base.  They truly suck at coming through. 

Votto is just stealing money.  It pisses me off just to look at him.  His weirdness has overtaken his talent.  He is finished.

Yep

I actually got a bit excited about Votto during his 6 game stretch of actually being aggressive at the plate. I was thinking maybe just maybe he's woke up. Nope, he's right back in his psycho weirdness.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote