Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
guys we should keep our eyes on.
I can see a lot of people getting their hopes up on free agency but understand that the Bengals will not be big free agent suitors because that's not how they do business( don't destroy the massager). With that being said they could  dangle in the guys who just got cut who are looking for short term deals/ring chasers free agent ring. These guys are guys who I think could be eventually cut and would be suitable replacements/ additions for this team. Feel free to add players to this list. 

Michael Kendrick LB eagles
Torrey Smith WR 49ers
Brandon Marshall WR jets
Nick Mangold C Jets
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2017, 01:12 AM)J24 Wrote: I can see a lot of people getting their hopes up on free agency but understand that the Bengals will not be big free agent suitors because that's not how they do business( don't destroy the massager). With that being said they could  dangle in the guys who just got cut who are looking for short term deals/ring chasers free agent ring. These guys are guys who I think could be eventually cut and would be suitable replacements/ additions for this team. Feel free to add players to this list. 

Torrey Smith WR 49ers
Brandon Marshall WR jets
Nick Mangold C Jets

I like massages. :andy:
Reply/Quote
You hit the nail on the head though because guys that got cut don't count against compensatory picks.

Mangold would be a huge addition! I've never really been a fan of Torrey Smith. The 49ers have like $90 million cap space. If they waive Smith...it's a huge Red Flag.
Reply/Quote
Trent Cole OLB Colts
Marquess Wilson WR Bears
Darren McFadden RB Cowboy
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2017, 01:12 AM)J24 Wrote: I can see a lot of people getting their hopes up on free agency but understand that the Bengals will not be big free agent suitors because that's not how they do business( don't destroy the massager). With that being said they could  dangle in the guys who just got cut who are looking for short term deals/ring chasers free agent ring. These guys are guys who I think could be eventually cut and would be suitable replacements/ additions for this team. Feel free to add players to this list. 

Torrey Smith WR 49ers
Brandon Marshall WR jets
Nick Mangold C Jets

I think Marshall is a head case that the coaching staff do not want to deal with in this locker room.  Mangold would solve many problems.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Mangold was cut and available for a decent price I don't think the Bengals would have the balls to sign him and bench Bodine. I think Marvin and Paul Alexander have too much pride to admit that Bodine isn't a quality starting center.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind Torrey Smith as an outside deep threat complement, but the Bengals would NEED to Green healthy all year because neither Smith nor Boyd would be an adequate WR1 if Green went down to injury. However, I think Smith would more likely return to Baltimore anyway if cut. He has rapport with Flacco, fits that offense well, and would provide a veteran presence with Steve Smith gone.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Torrey Smith WR 49ers
Brandon Marshall WR jets
Nick Mangold C Jets

I like Kendrick and we need some help at LB and he is much younger than Dansby.

Torrey Smith has that speed we need opposite of Green, would be for it.

B-Marsh is very talented and i wanted him a long time ago but he is a bit of a headcase.

Mangold would help this team more than anything, that is why we wouldn't do it.

As Lone Bengal said, too much pride with our O-line coach and Marv which is exactly why they need to go.

Belicheck would of never let this happen in New England. He sees the weakness and they coach it up or cut ties.
Reply/Quote
The one WR I hope the Bengals really take a flyer on is De'Sean Jackson..Sign him and the deep threat problem is solved.
Reply/Quote
None of this is happening. It is sound logical thinking, and very doable, but we have to rollover money to extend players that we'll never extend.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 10:39 AM)Wyche Wrote: None of this is happening. It is sound logical thinking, and very doable, but we have to rollover money to extend players that we'll never extend.

Which is sad because there are only two players entering a contract year who are worth extending beyond 2017: Eifert and Burfict.

And regarding Eifert, he needs to show he can stay healthy and contribute more consistently. Plus, the Bengals need to decide if he's actually going to be considered an integral part of the offense going forward or if he will be more like we expect for Zeitler and waste a first rounder because the Bengals don't actually value that position that high and allow him to walk.

Even Burfict could be a toss-up because of his image. If the Bengals want to get rid of their on-field problem children, they could end up cutting Adam Jones and letting Burfict walk after 2017.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 11:07 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Which is sad because there are only two players entering a contract year who are worth extending beyond 2017: Eifert and Burfict.

And regarding Eifert, he needs to show he can stay healthy and contribute more consistently. Plus, the Bengals need to decide if he's actually going to be considered an integral part of the offense going forward or if he will be more like we expect for Zeitler and waste a first rounder because the Bengals don't actually value that position that high and allow him to walk.

Even Burfict could be a toss-up because of his image. If the Bengals want to get rid of their on-field problem children, they could end up cutting Adam Jones and letting Burfict walk after 2017.

Ah, the life of a Bengals fan.

Eifert most definitely needs to show he can play a full year.  He needs to be considered and integral part, but it's the Bengals, so who knows.  Eifert is a conundrum.  He's an upper echelon talent, but his worth is hard to gauge due to health.  That being said, that hasn't stopped the Pats regarding Gronk.  Something to ponder, I guess.

Good point about Burfict.  I'll say this:  he did a lot to clean up that image last year, will anyone notice?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Guys, we have 11 picks in this draft. We tend to avoid trading up, unless it's for turds like Scrodine. We can't sign proven talent, regardless of price or fit. That would mean some other team might steal our sixth or seventh rounder. My god, can you imagine someone getting a 6th corner or special teams contributor out from under us? We'd die. They'd literally cease to be an NFL organization.

Find some guys that suck. Like really suck shit suck. Like 42 years old and about to be run out of the league suck. Like Chykkie Brown orDenarius Moore suck. Think somebody that you'll see them report signing and you pray that they get cut in camp. That's who they'll sign.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 10:39 AM)Wyche Wrote: None of this is happening. It is sound logical thinking, and very doable, but we have to rollover money to extend players that we'll never extend.

That's why they keep the crap players around, so they can brag about how much cap money they spend.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 11:38 AM)Wyche Wrote: Ah, the life of a Bengals fan.

Eifert most definitely needs to show he can play a full year.  He needs to be considered and integral part, but it's the Bengals, so who knows.  Eifert is a conundrum.  He's an upper echelon talent, but his worth is hard to gauge due to health.  That being said, that hasn't stopped the Pats regarding Gronk.  Something to ponder, I guess.

Good point about Burfict.  I'll say this:  he did a lot to clean up that image last year, will anyone notice?

No.  The officials still have their hands on their flags anytime he makes a tackle and the announcers still run hard with the dirty narrative.  This cloud will stay over him until he retires or moves on to another team.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote