Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i continue to feed the beast
i needed a new Kindle.  Of course you go to Amazon.  And I see for no charge I can have it on my front porch before I get home.  First time for that for me.  So I throw a few other things in that I might have gone out and picked up.  How can you not?  I hate that I do it, and yet I can't resist it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I do the bulk of my shopping on Amazon aside from food. I have their store card with 5% cash back and pay it off every month without fail. So I usually have around 10 to 20 dollars a month in cash back rewards that I use for fun things I might want but don't really need. Works out fine for me. No going to annoying stores around annoying people and the stuff shows up at my front door two days later. Also they have a decent selection of movies and shows free to watch via Prime and music that I can play from my echo dot which I can connect to my home entertainment system through Bluetooth.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I must be getting old. I remember when ordering stuff to be delivered pretty much had to be written on the form in the middle of catalogs and mailed in and we actually had to wait more than a few days .  Ever try ordering something from the back of a matchbook cover? You really had to have small neat handwriting.. 

Ahhh, the good old days of matchbook cover mail order .  I'm sure some of you youngsters have no idea of what I'm even talking about.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2018, 12:38 PM)grampahol Wrote: I must be getting old. I remember when ordering stuff to be delivered pretty much had to be written on the form in the middle of catalogs and mailed in and we actually had to wait more than a few days .  Ever try ordering something from the back of a matchbook cover? You really had to have small neat handwriting.. 

Ahhh, the good old days of matchbook cover mail order .  I'm sure some of you youngsters have no idea of what I'm even talking about.. lol

You are correct.  I may have even seen this at one point and have completely pushed it from my memory.

Last item I bought mail order was an 80 ft telephone handset cord from one of those joke / gag catalogues.  Loved that thing.  

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2018, 12:38 PM)grampahol Wrote: I must be getting old. I remember when ordering stuff to be delivered pretty much had to be written on the form in the middle of catalogs and mailed in and we actually had to wait more than a few days .  Ever try ordering something from the back of a matchbook cover? You really had to have small neat handwriting.. 

I remember filling out cards and mailing them in.  JR Cigars still has an order form in their catalogs to do that still.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I'm so old, I've NEVER used Amazon. I do shop on eBay though.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2018, 01:09 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm so old, I've NEVER used Amazon.  I do shop on eBay though.

So old I still have not ordered anything online. 

Going to have to start looking though. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'm afraid to even get a membership to Amazon.  Just the thought of having that much credit card debt scares the Be-Jezus outta me.  Guess I'm old fashioned too. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
On my 3rd year as an Amazon Prime member, and have bought/sold on eBay for around 15 years. If you can't find it between those two, it just might not exist. Good selection, prices, and shipping to your door.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote

I used to get hyped on the Sears catalog and the Eastbay magazines. Circling what I wanted for Christmas was everything. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 09:15 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I used to get hyped on the Sears catalog and the Eastbay magazines. Circling what I wanted for Christmas was everything. 

Oh yeah the Sears catalog was fun.  Pages and pages of stuff you wanted.  

Reply/Quote