Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whenever Marvin leaves
it won't be for a front-office job with the Bengals.

Some interesting things learned (like Duke Tobin's role and organizational plans about him, that I've only heard speculation from members of this board) directly from Marvin.  

Marvin's take on his future

Enjoy or do not, it is up to you.

Edit:  Here are some quotes:

Quote:On whether he would take a front office job after he’s done coaching: “Oh, I would love to, but I can’t write that script. … I would work for Hue [Jackson], I’d work for Mike [Zimmer], I’d work for Jay [Gruden]. I’d work for Mike McCarthy or whoever it would be, do whatever they needed me to do. Ozzie [Newsome], somebody that I would like and I’d work my [tail] off for. But I don’t know if I can do that; I don’t know that’s available."

Quote:Could he see himself making a transition to the Bengals’ front office after coaching? “No, Duke [Tobin, the director of player personnel] already has that. It’s already Duke. He just doesn’t have the [general manager] title, but that’s what he does. It wouldn’t fit. When the time comes and Mike steps aside and they put him fully in charge, he’s going to need his own space.”

Quote:On if he ever threatens job security as a motivation: “I think when a coach starts talking about that, he’s getting to the end of his line. When that’s your only recourse. I think our guys know that. I’m hopeful they understand that.”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote