Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i wish
there was a way both sides could come together and have something like a "great summit". let leaders of both parties meet for a few weeks with there voters or do polling or whatever to see what each would have as most important issues to them, least important, what an were they are willing to compromise, and so on. then have leadership from both parties come together and forced to stay in a session for so long, however long to try and find as many possible areas of comprimise as possible. strike deals on every single thing were there can be reasonable compromise. agree on any legislation were there can be fair give an take. let both parties get some wins, some compromises, some bi partison deals. then come out an announce to the public what youve accomplished and do the same thing every few years.

im just getting to the point i think many are getting to. i have very strong believes an things i want done but im also getting tired of all the fighting and nothing ever really getting done. if EITHER side really cared about country first and the american people, we should be able to do something like this that would actualy look to get something real done and help as many as possible.

itll never happen though cause politics is about politicians an power and money and dont really give a crap about us or the country.
Reply/Quote
It’s a big club and we ain’t in it, Leon.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 06:33 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: It’s a big club and we ain’t in it, Leon.

got that right. it gets frustrating and tiring
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 06:23 PM)Leon Wrote: there was a way both sides could come together and have something like a "great summit". let leaders of both parties meet for a few weeks with there voters or do polling or whatever to see what each would have as most important issues to them, least important, what an were they are willing to compromise, and so on. then have leadership from both parties come together and forced to stay in a session for so long, however long to try and find as many possible areas of comprimise as possible. strike deals on every single thing were there can be reasonable compromise. agree on any legislation were there can be fair give an take. let both parties get some wins, some compromises, some bi partison deals. then come out an announce to the public what youve accomplished and do the same thing every few years.

im just getting to the point i think many are getting to. i have very strong believes an things i want done but im also getting tired of all the fighting and nothing ever really getting done. if EITHER side really cared about country first and the american people, we should be able to do something like this that would actualy look to get something real done and help as many as possible.

itll never happen though cause politics is about politicians an power and money and dont really give a crap about us or the country.

She tried...

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Political leaders are supposed to represent the people, and as long as the people disagree and fight and hate each other why should we expect the government to meet and compromise and become one unified force?

The holidays are coming up, let's see how many of us can find those family members with which we disagree and legitimately compromise and meet in the middle. That'd be a challenge, but if we can pull it off maybe the government can.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The word compromise is a 4 letter word now.

Politicians need a healthy reminder that
-it isn’t about the right and left but about right and wrong
-it isn’t about republicans and democrats it’s about the republic and democracy
- it isn’t about the President but about the presidency
-it isn’t about the oath they took as a party member but the oath they took to uphold the constitution
-it isn’t about showing up on tv but showing up at the local town hall meeting
And most importantly
-we want our politicians as interested in DOING their jobs as they are about KEEPING them

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 12:54 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Political leaders are supposed to represent the people, and as long as the people disagree and fight and hate each other why should we expect the government to meet and compromise and become one unified force?

The holidays are coming up, let's see how many of us can find those family members with which we disagree and legitimately compromise and meet in the middle.  That'd be a challenge, but if we can pull it off maybe the government can.

Well that's the insight that has failed so many for years. 

Leaders refuse to compromise because their voters don't want them too.

They'll get Cantored. https://www.bobcesca.com/dont-get-cantored/

And the "hate" is largely manufactured, built to exploit. 

But lose it and lose your power, if you are one of those guys who got into office by stoking it.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 01:18 AM)pally Wrote: The word compromise is a 4 letter word now.

Politicians need a healthy reminder that
-it isn’t about the right and left but about right and wrong
-it isn’t about republicans and democrats it’s about the republic and democracy

- it isn’t about the President but about the presidency
-it isn’t about the oath they took as a party member but the oath they took to uphold the constitution
-it isn’t about showing up on tv but showing up at the local town hall meeting
And most importantly
-we want our politicians as interested in DOING their jobs as they are about KEEPING them

I see a far left bias here.  

Moderates are more ready to compromise on right and wrong and democracy.
Reply/Quote
Massive investment in public education immediately comes to mind.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 04:48 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Massive investment in public education immediately comes to mind.

I don't think the side that is inching towards declaring public school teachers to be sex traffickers is going to meet you halfway on this.  Side note, I know a woman who is a hardcore Q adjacent conservative and she works in the office of a public school.  I almost want to ask if she's worried some concerned citizen with an assault rifle is going to walk in and demand that she show him where the sex dungeon and litter boxes are.

And then when she says "We don't have sex dungeons and litter boxes here" he's just going to say "That's just what someone who is hiding sex dungeons and litter boxes would say!"  She also thinks public schools should teach Christianity, so there is that.

But seriously, I live in a small town and everyone here other than me went to the local public school, sends their kids to the local public school, and think public schools are dangerous and that they need to be completely revamped or done away with.  I guess the idea is that they went to that school in the good ol' days but somewhere along the line it turned into a den of sexual grooming.

One of the dudes who was elected to the school board is a guy in his 20's who was home schooled and got voted in because he talked about Jesus and banning gay books.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 05:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't think the side that is inching towards declaring public school teachers to be sex traffickers is going to meet you halfway on this.  Side note, I know a woman who is a hardcore Q adjacent conservative and she works in the office of a public school.  I almost want to ask if she's worried some concerned citizen with an assault rifle is going to walk in and demand that she show him where the sex dungeon and litter boxes are.

And then when she says "We don't have sex dungeons and litter boxes here" he's just going to say "That's just what someone who is hiding sex dungeons and litter boxes would say!"  She also thinks public schools should teach Christianity, so there is that.

But seriously, I live in a small town and everyone here other than me went to the local public school, sends their kids to the local public school, and think public schools are dangerous and that they need to be completely revamped or done away with.  I guess the idea is that they went to that school in the good ol' days but somewhere along the line it turned into a den of sexual grooming.

One of the dudes who was elected to the school board is a guy in his 20's who was home schooled and got voted in because he talked about Jesus and banning gay books.

[Image: Square_Mission_Accomplished_George_W._Bu..._House.png]
Reply/Quote