Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 1.63 Average
idea to make sure we win for years
1 let burrow play on his contract this year and dont give him a new deal that will cripple the team

2 after the season trade burrow to whoever has the first pick and take caleb williams from usc

this lets you compete for a sb this year and gives you a new franchise qb on rookie deal next year
you also get many draft picks and have lots of cap room to keep more good players longer

it makes sure we keep competing for super bowls for years and have plenty of picks and money
Reply/Quote
Leon, quick. I think Im the first one to see this. There’s still time to delete it
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 07:58 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Leon, quick. I think Im the first one to see this. There’s still time to delete it

its just an idea. whats wrong with that
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 08:00 PM)Leon Wrote: its just an idea. whats wrong with that

Getting rid of Joe Burrow doesn’t sound ideal to me. I may be wrong though!
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 08:04 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Getting rid of Joe Burrow doesn’t sound ideal to me. I may be wrong though!

look at it like tis and then decide

you get williams, probably 3 first rounds, plus more picks and have lots of money to keep players and sign more good free agents

i get if folks dont want to trade burrow cause they like him but that haul and bebfits of it aint to crazy in my view
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 08:17 PM)Leon Wrote: look at it like tis and then decide

you get williams, probably 3 first rounds, plus more picks and have lots of money to keep players and sign more good free agents

i get if folks dont want to trade burrow cause they like him but that haul and bebfits of it aint to crazy in my view

As optimistic as your plan may appear, there are a few flaws with it.

1.  Getting the trading partner to guarantee you the pick for Williams.

2.  Williams will be a rookie, so starting over with a brand new QB, again..

3.  By the time Williams matures to the point of leading a team to the SB, all of the current supporting cast will be turned over due to cap expense..

So, in closing I'll just say that we have our franchise QB.  Leave the budget determination up to the front office, who seems to have become quite adept at using all of the tools available to field a competent and quality team. Wink
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 08:17 PM)Leon Wrote: look at it like tis and then decide

Admit it. This is just because Joey B said he didnt like country music. Lol
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 08:25 PM)Synric Wrote: Admit it. This is just because Joey B said he didnt like country music. Lol

i didnt know that. what was his reason? i know he likes rap though
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 08:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As optimistic as your plan may appear, there are a few flaws with it.

1.  Getting the trading partner to guarantee you the pick for Williams.

2.  Williams will be a rookie, so starting over with a brand new QB, again..

3.  By the time Williams matures to the point of leading a team to the SB, all of the current supporting cast will be turned over due to cap expense..

So, in closing I'll just say that we have our franchise QB.  Leave the budget determination up to the front office, who seems to have become quite adept at using all of the tools available to field a competent and quality team. Wink

fair points. i would say that i think a new deal will be a problem and lots a good players will be lost cause of it. i just worry about and i also think williams could be even better. like i said just an idea to talk about. its pretty boring this time of year
Reply/Quote
It's easy to just throw out "3 first round picks" but the amount of teams with multiple picks in 2024 is small so you are going to do 3 picks in 3 years... well even if you do get a top 10 pick in 2024 for Joey B the next two will likely be very low first round picks because he is that good which lowers the value you just received for a high caliber QB.

Now onto replacing Joe Burrow since he is going to be good the Bengals will be picking low first round so moving up into top 5 to get another QB of Joe's caliber will likely cost 3 first round picks. You could push it and stink for a year to get higher but even then you will probably have to give up a first rounder to move up to get the QB you need to replace Joey B.

Nope just bad options all around it's better to sign him and work the contract right.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 08:31 PM)Leon Wrote: fair points. i would say that i think a new deal will be a problem and lots a good players will be lost cause of it. i just worry about and i also think williams could be even better. like i said just an idea to talk about. its pretty boring this time of year

Some of us believe that Joe is the real deal, and that we only need to keep rotating the stock around him.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 07:53 PM)Leon Wrote: 1 let burrow play on his contract this year and dont give him a new deal that will cripple the team

2 after the season trade burrow to whoever has the first pick and take caleb williams from usc

this lets you compete for a sb this year and gives you a new franchise qb on rookie deal next year
you also get many draft picks and have lots of cap room to keep more good players longer

it makes sure we keep competing for super bowls for years and have plenty of picks and money

FacepalmStopOMGLameWastedDrunk
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 07:58 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Leon, quick. I think Im the first one to see this. There’s still time to delete it

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Sure you can make this move in your Madden Franchise but in the real world this is not even discussed or thought about.

A Franchise is typically tied to their QB through thick and thin till it's obvious they no longer have it. Then you have the Bengals one of the most loyal franchises to their players this is a non-discussion
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 08:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Some of us believe that Joe is the real deal, and that we only need to keep rotating the stock around him.

i think hes a terrific qb. i am just worried that his contract is going to set us back. hope im wrong
Reply/Quote
Oh look. It's Leon the fake account with another Troll post.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 08:54 PM)Stewy Wrote: Oh look.  It's Leon the fake account with another Troll post.

you calling someone names and then accusing them of a troll post? 

i offered up an idea to talk about. theres been plenty of ideas thrown around on ths board. some good some not. dont mean we cant talk about them. even if they probably wont ever happen.
Reply/Quote
Once upon a time we had the ability to give negative rep.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 07:53 PM)Leon Wrote: 1 let burrow play on his contract this year and dont give him a new deal that will cripple the team

I don't like this idea. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 08:00 PM)Leon Wrote: its just an idea. whats wrong with that

Ideas, like opinions, are not always good or stated with a lot of logic. Basically, just because you think of it, doesn't mean you should post it.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote