Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
if you could have.....
(05-19-2015, 08:12 PM)3wt Wrote: 1993 -

1) Willie Roaf instead of John Copeland
2) Michael Strahan instead of Tony McGee
3 ) Will Shields instead of Steve Tovar
3) John Lynch instead of Ty Parten

Very good examples. Strahan and lynch would have been huge on our D.
Reply/Quote
Let me get Peyton Manning. Even being old and decrepit, his team is still a league favorite because he's the QB. I'd take a decade and a half of that.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 01:47 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I don't see how drafting a player into this organization would make that big of a difference.

Now, if only Paul Brown made Bill Walsh head coach, that's a different story.

This is the single greatest mistake in the history of this mistake-riddled franchise.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Thumbs Up 
(05-19-2015, 09:16 AM)livebythe10 Wrote: If you could have drafted one player to the Bengals who would it have been?

Anytime in the history of Bengal football if you had the choice. Who would have been that one draft pick you would have taken?

Think about the team around the pick. Whether the pick was available. Needs. Blah blah all that, and tell us why.

If the player would not have been available at our pick. Sell us on the trade you would have worked out to get it done.

Have to go with Reggie White in the supplemental draft.

Dude was great and would of made us that much better right when we were already pretty good.
Reply/Quote
JJ watt instead of AJ Green!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 09:13 PM)J24 Wrote: JJ watt instead of AJ Green!

Ouch!!

This is a tricky one. We just lost palmer and chad johnson. Filling those needs were huge.

I'm thinking we could have done that but we would have to take:

Watt in the 1st
Cobb in the 2nd
Traded up to get Ryan mallet in 3rd
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 09:13 PM)J24 Wrote: JJ watt instead of AJ Green!

I don't really see that as a major regret. Watt is damn good in the 3-4, but I wonder what his production would look like in a 4-3. Where would you put him?

Our defense is pretty good without Watt, I don't really want to imagine what our offense would look like if we didn't have Green.
Reply/Quote
I'll side with the Marino group over Manning, given the scenario. Who knows what it would have taken to land Manning, given the way they drafted maybe it doesn't matter. Seriously though, passing on Rimington for Marino is the easy move. That would also allow you to take Sean Jones and his 113 sacks the following year where you would have taken Esiason. I can't recall Marino ever having a serious running game or talented defense. I really think he would have won multiple Super Bowls with the teams Cincy put together through the mid 80s. There is always the chance that he would have helped create an environment that people wanted to play in. Maybe Mikey would have still messed up the draft, but maybe some solid vets take his low offers to win a ring with Marino.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 10:01 PM)livebythe10 Wrote: Ouch!!

This is a tricky one. We just lost palmer and chad johnson. Filling those needs were huge.

I'm thinking we could have done that but we would have to take:

Watt in the 1st
Cobb in the 2nd
Traded up to get Ryan mallet in 3rd

Instead of drafting a QB in 2011 I hold off and wait to the next season when Luck becomes the favorite for the #1 pick. In the Second I draft Cobb, in the third I draft Sherman, draft Luck with the first overall pick in 2012 , and then with the 33rd pick in 2012 I draft Alshon Jeffery. I start Jordan Palmer in 2011 and we don't win a game that whole season but it was worth it because we got Andrew luck for the next 15 seasons.
J24

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 01:28 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't really see that as a major regret.  Watt is damn good in the 3-4, but I wonder what his production would look like in a 4-3.  Where would you put him?

Our defense is pretty good without Watt, I don't really want to imagine what our offense would look like if we didn't have Green.
He would be just as good as he is now. Plus he fits our prototype Defensive End!
J24

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 09:35 AM)livebythe10 Wrote: Definitely a great choice. First ballot hall of famer for sure.

That would have been interesting because if we took Willie Anderson with first pick. Then traded up to get lewis at pick #26 .

From looks of it the rest of our picks that year after anderson for lewis would have been awesome. And LB was a position of need. I think we had Francis and tovar then.

James Francis....Ugh. A guy with all the ability in the world and zero drive. Lost something close to $100,000 annually because he didn't meet his workout clauses. Amazing.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 11:28 AM)Attackcat Wrote: We didn't have a chance to nab him but I always wondered what our defense would have look like with Revis had the jets not jumped in front of us, more recent.

This is an interesting one, but I doubt the Bengal's Brass would have put up with his re-negotiate his contract each year antics. You have to hand it to the guy, though...he was always worth it. Except for Tampa.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 01:53 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'll go recent history and give you one that still bugs me to this date:

Not taking Vince Wilfork at #17 in the 2003 draft.  It still drives me nuts to this day.  We had a huge need at DT and we moved down to take Chris Perry.

Man, reading some of these is like a swift kick to the groin.
Reply/Quote
Brady in the 6th round? End thread/
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote