Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
in house replacements
Now that the season is officially over is their anyone in particular  on the roster you would like to see get more playing time  in the next two weeks to see if they can earn a starting role in 2017?

I have a couple of guys that come to mind.

At LB I would like to see Virgil and Dawson with the first unit. Dawson would have to be promoted to the roster since he is on the practice squad but I am sure they can get one of the regular LBs to IR since the season is practically  over. It would be nice to see if we have anything in our past two third round picks.

At Safety I would like to see Deron Smith get some playing action if he is healthy I think he can bring some speed and playmaking ability to the field that we have lacked since the departure of Reggie Nelson. Also would like to see Williams at nickel LB in passing situations.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I really do not see what others do in terms of Vigil being a reliable starting LB. From what I have seen from him playing meaningful snaps at WILL, he looks to either be blocked or over-running the plays.

Though that is not to say he would be unable to develop into a solid contributor down the line.
Reply/Quote
Westerman. Fisher looks and sounds like he should have been starting all year. Sooo who knows with piano man and marvin making the call. Westerman could be a good C and/or our best possible OL composition hasnt seen the field.

Cut Gilberry. A hurt street free agent is not worth keeping on the 53. Find any young DE worth looking at.

We have two LS. Our starter was healthy. Is carrying two long snappers Marvins way of giving us the finger? There is a roster spot for Dawson.

We wasted WJ3s rookie year for Peerman. Well Peerman has been invisible since being activated. Time to move on from the 30 year old career special teamer. Bring in a young RB and look to the future

Flowers, Vigil, and Dawson should all see significant playing time. Dennard should be playing a lot. Ogbuehi should be rotating in with Whit. Fej should get more action. Core should be taking snap from Lafell. Ericson should be playing more.
Reply/Quote
Oh and Marvin should be fired and Guenther gets a trial run as HC.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 02:47 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Oh and Marvin should be fired and Guenther gets a trial run as HC.

Just what this team needs.....a "trial-run" HC.

Ninja
Reply/Quote
Westerman should rotate at RG.

Core should rotate at X.

Burkhead should start as RB.

Vigil should start over Dansby.

Will Clarke should start at RDE over MJ.

Hunt should rotate with Dunlap at LDE and rotate inside on passing downs next to Geno.

The Bengals, as a team, need to try more two and three (once Uzomah is healthy) TE sets in the red zone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes, I'd like to get some game reps in for William Jackson III to get a head start on 2017. ThumbsUp

.......oh......wait...... Nervous

How about Peerman at RB? Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote