Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
including post season with awards
Burrow is MVP Chase is slam dunk rookie of the year. Logan Wilson should be a probowler. Taylor coach of the year. playoff games should matter in all sports in determining awards.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Has a kicker ever won MVP? just sayin
Reply/Quote
Burrow - MVP & Comeback player of the year
Chase - OROY
ZT - coach of the year
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:59 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Has a kicker ever won MVP? just sayin

That’s a pretty big omission from that list now that you mention it. I still can’t believe how many people shit on that pick.

Reply/Quote

I got curious so looked this up.  Mark Moseley

Quote:He won the Most Valuable Player Award during the strike-shortened 1982 season. He is the only special teams player to win the NFL MVP award and is one of only three non-offensive MVPs.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

When I was in middle school I became a Bengals fan.  The only reliable guy on the team seemed to be Doug Pelfrey. When I saw this I thought of him.  I told my family that my first born child would be named Doug regardless of gender.. A little girl .. Dougette.  That man made some big kicks when the snap didn't go over the holders head.
Reply/Quote
With his competition eliminated I think Burrow should win MVP. Which brings up this question.., has a player ever won MVP without being selected to the Pro bowl? If not then he should at least get come back player of the year.

Coach Taylor should be a lock for coach of the year along with Chase as the offensive Rookie of the year. Not sure if there’s a most improved player of the year award but if so I would nominate Logan Wilson

Special teams player of the year McPherson
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:12 PM)M.W. Wrote: When I was in middle school I became a Bengals fan.  The only reliable guy on the team seemed to be Doug Pelfrey. When I saw this I thought of him.  I told my family that my first born child would be named Doug regardless of gender.. A little girl .. Dougette.  That man made some big kicks when the snap didn't go over the holders head.

I sure hope you had a boy.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Mark Mosely, 1982
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:05 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I got curious so looked this up.  Mark Moseley

I guess I should have kept reading instead of immediate reply.

Mark Mosely and John Riggins were the engines that drove Washington that year, with some help from The Smurfs and The Hogs
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:28 PM)TKUHL Wrote: With his competition eliminated I think Burrow should win MVP. Which brings up this question.., has a player ever won MVP without being selected to the Pro bowl? If not then he should at least get come back player of the year.

Special teams player of the year McPherson

It's never happened. In 2016 you could argue Matt Stafford had a shot until he laid absolute eggs the last couple weeks. Especially when you consider the talent around him compared to the other front runners.

While not Football, the only time I can think of something comparable happening was in College Basketball, I believe 2002. When Jason Williams won every NCAA player of the year Award (7 in total, Which is pretty rare) but didn't win player of the year for his conference(ACC).

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I sure hope you had a boy.

2nd this motion

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I personally feel the MVP is wide open with the winner of AFC championship should get award unless Stafford outplays winner in SB. Jimmy G is no MVP but they could win.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 02:42 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I personally feel the MVP is wide open with the winner of AFC championship should get award unless Stafford outplays winner in SB. Jimmy G is no MVP but they could win.

How can you not give Mahomes the MVP after last night? No matter what happens in the next two games by any QB. No one is doing what he did.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 02:44 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: How can you not give Mahomes the MVP after last night? No matter what happens in the next two games by any QB. No one is doing what he did.

Burrow had maybe best 2 game stretch in NFL history that Chiefs were a part of. Burrow just threw for nearly 350 against same team that held Mahomes to 3
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 02:44 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: How can you not give Mahomes the MVP after last night? No matter what happens in the next two games by any QB. No one is doing what he did.

Would Mahomes throw for 348 and complete 76% of his passes in a game he was sacked 11 times?

Cause I seem to remember him looking like deep fried ass last year in the Super Bowl when his OL broke down.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 03:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Would Mahomes throw for 348 and complete 76% of his passes in a game he was sacked 11 times?

Cause I seem to remember him looking like deep fried ass last year in the Super Bowl when his OL broke down.

Mahomes would never be sacked 11 times because he would throw away the football, if you think all those sacks Burrow didn't hold onto the ball too long I can't help you.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 04:03 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Mahomes would never be sacked 11 times because he would throw away the football, if you think all those sacks Burrow didn't hold onto the ball too long I can't help you.

Mahomes sucked in the Super Bowl last year when his OL failed him. That’s a FACT.

But by all means, keep propping him up and shitting on our guy.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

if this  doesnt win than idk what does
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote