Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
injury Report 11/8
Getting worse not better...

Josh Malone-limited because of hamstring
Bernard-still limited...I don't see him playing if he doesn't get a full practice in. Not after being out a month

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Ugh Gio would be a much needed weapon for this game. We need as much offensive firepower we can get to try and keep pace with Brees and Co.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 05:34 PM)pally Wrote: Getting worse not better...

Josh Malone-limited because of hamstring
Bernard-still limited...I don't see him playing if he doesn't get a full practice in.  Not after being out a month

gio hurts buts its not like we have had him the last few weeks either..

Guess it will be Ross and Core that must step up.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 07:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: gio hurts buts its not like we have had him the last few weeks either..

Guess it will be Ross and Core that must step up.

Hoping Jordan and Tate will step up as well. Jordan has some hidden potential and likely will be open a bit with the Saints not paying attention to him..
Reply/Quote
Does anyone know what is actually going on with Burficts hip? How long he is expected to be out?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 07:26 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: Does anyone know what is actually going on with Burficts hip? How long he is expected to be out?

Probably hurt it on his 100th missed tackle on Hunt.

Not sure when he comes back though.
Reply/Quote
Really hope Gio, Malone, and Uzomah are full go tomorrow. We need all the help we can get.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 08:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Really hope Gio, Malone, and Uzomah are full go tomorrow. We need all the help we can get.

How in the hell do part time players like Malone and Uzomah pull hammies?  It's not like they injured them outrunning anyone for long TDs..  Must be lack of being physically prepared to play.

That is on the coaching and training staff, for not having guys receiving paychecks to sit on the bench, ready to play football.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 08:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How in the hell do part time players like Malone and Uzomah pull hammies?  It's not like they injured them outrunning anyone for long TDs..  Must be lack of being physically prepared to play.

That is on the coaching and training staff, for not having guys receiving paychecks to sit on the bench, ready to play football.

Same thing i was thinking. These guys have had a week and a half to get ready to go, this shouldn't be happening
in a bye week. This team has a lot of good players but there seems to be some more changes that need to go on
around here for us to take that next step. Few more new coaches and bringing in some better guys in our Training
Staff are just a few more changes to add.

Sad
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 08:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How in the hell do part time players like Malone and Uzomah pull hammies?  It's not like they injured them outrunning anyone for long TDs..  Must be lack of being physically prepared to play.

Agree,

I believe it's a fair assumption our practices are getting way to soft. We know they were on PA's part and I really think it's still a part of the problem in the bigger picture.

All that stretching and calisthenics we did back in the day were for a reason. As were the wind sprints up and down the hill. And full contact game planning.

You can't sit in the film room and get that !
Reply/Quote

(11-09-2018, 01:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same thing i was thinking. These guys have had a week and a half to get ready to go, this shouldn't be happening
in a bye week. This team has a lot of good players but there seems to be some more changes that need to go on
around here for us to take that next step. Few more new coaches and bringing in some better guys in our Training
Staff are just a few more changes to add.

Sad

(11-09-2018, 01:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree,

I believe it's a fair assumption our practices are getting way to soft. We know they were on PA's part and I really think it's still a part of the problem in the bigger picture.

All that stretching and calisthenics we did back in the day were for a reason. As were the wind sprints up and down the hill. And full contact game planning.

You can't sit in the film room and get that !

Open your eyes.  This happens all over the league.
Reply/Quote
Two less guys getting in the way of Tate. Score!
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2018, 01:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Open your eyes.  This happens all over the league.

Teams getting more banged up over the bye week?
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2018, 01:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Open your eyes.  This happens all over the league.

Oh I agree, it's not just us. The CBA or whatever it is limits the full contact practice to just a tiny bit.

However that doesn't mean players can't stretch and jog and stay in better shape all on their own.
Reply/Quote

Big deal!  Just because players on teams all over the league aren't keeping themselves ready to play on moment's notice, does that mean that the Bengals MUST follow suit?  I mean, these guys ARE professional athletes.  They have ONE job;  To be ready to come off the bench and earn that pay.

Doing things a little differently than the herd is part of what separates the perennial winners from the average teams.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I wonder with Redmond being limited if it means we'll see Hopkins back at RG or Redmond (don't get hopes up for Westerman).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2018, 03:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Big deal!  Just because players on teams all over the league aren't keeping themselves ready to play on moment's notice, does that mean that the Bengals MUST follow suit?  I mean, these guys ARE professional athletes.  They have ONE job;  To be ready to come off the bench and earn that pay.

Doing things a little differently than the herd is part of what separates the perennial winners from the average teams.

Do we know that? I mean the coaches have more than one job - coach AND scout for college talent, so it wouldn't surprise me that the players have more than one job too  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Malone had to have gotten hurt in Wednesday's practice since he wasn't on the list Tues.  Getting more reps with Green out

Uzomah got hurt on his first catch against Miami.  Landed right on his shoulder/collarbone.  With our luck with TEs this season, we should be lucky he is only limited.  That is the most common way to break the collarbone.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2018, 03:38 PM)pally Wrote: Malone had to have gotten hurt in Wednesday's practice since he wasn't on the list Tues. 

That's exactly what I'm talking about.  He's a young athlete, a professional that should have the body that makes his living, in top shape, ready to go.  I'll admit that I really don't know the specifics of the situation, but I can put two and two together from life experiences.  I suspect that he was tight, from inactivity, causing the hamstring pull when he suddenly tried to go hard.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2018, 03:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Big deal!  Just because players on teams all over the league aren't keeping themselves ready to play on moment's notice, does that mean that the Bengals MUST follow suit?  I mean, these guys ARE professional athletes.  They have ONE job;  To be ready to come off the bench and earn that pay.

Yep, Fred thinks we should just be lemmings cause everyone else does it that way.

Open your eyes lol
Reply/Quote