Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
invest.gov
invest.gov

Click on your state to see the massive amount of infrastructure money heading your way.  

Ohio is one of the nation's leaders with $32-Billion in Biden's rebuilding of and investing in America.  The Brent Spence Bridge megaproject is in full swing with $250 million granted.  $ 27.5 million to CVG airport, and $ 127 million to rebuild the Western Hills viaduct + many many more smaller infrastructure projects.   This is putting the greater Cincinnati area to work while buying American goods and services creating a ton of commerce and tax revenue to help pay down the national debt. 

Expect unemployment to continue at a 55-year low and inflation to keep coming down heading into 2024.
Reply/Quote
Build that bridge. And inflation coming down doesn't mean prices are coming down. They just won't rise as fast as they have. Inflation is a giant thief, but because it's political one side yells about it and the other side pretends it's no big deal. Then in four or six years roles will be reversed. In many categories there is now a new price, and it's not going away.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
$200 million to Puerto Rico? A lot of people who don't realize that's an American territory are gonna be pissed.
Reply/Quote
Investing in clean energy in West Virginia is like putting three people out of work to pay one the same salary. Half the states economy is in coal.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 05:56 PM)Synric Wrote: Investing in clean energy in West Virginia is like putting three people out of work to pay one the same salary. Half the states economy is in coal.

In a political sense our country has a real love/hate relationship with people losing their jobs.  Some jobs get the "I promise to bring 'em back or protect them" treatment, while others get the "You lost your job?  Tough luck, get another one you lazy ass" treatment.

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 05:47 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Build that bridge.  And inflation coming down doesn't mean prices are coming down.  They just won't rise as fast as they have.  Inflation is a giant thief, but because it's political one side yells about it and the other side pretends it's no big deal.  Then in four or six years roles will be reversed.  In many categories there is now a new price, and it's not going away.

Here's the info on the Brent Spence Bridge megaproject

https://www.transportation.gov/sites/dot.gov/files/2023-01/MEGA%20FY%202023%20Combined%20Fact%20Sheet.pdf

"We also learned that the unemployment rate has been under 4 percent for 16 months in a row. The last time our nation had such a long stretch of low unemployment was in the 1960s. The share of working-age Americans in the workforce is at its highest level in 16 years. Meanwhile, the annual inflation rate has fallen for 10 months in a row, and it’s down more than 40 percent since last summer. During that time, take-home pay for workers has gone up, even after accounting for inflation."  

So at what point does the market decide when it turns into price gouging? 
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 05:56 PM)Synric Wrote: Investing in clean energy in West Virginia is like putting three people out of work to pay one the same salary. Half the states economy is in coal.

That's why I won't pull my investments out of Blockbuster and move it to Netflix.  It will make a comeback some day!  Ninja

All seriousness aside, INVESTING in clean energy doesn't mean we stop using coal at the same time.  I've been surprised at the coal production lately and don't see it slowing down soon.

Do I want people to lose jobs? No, of course not. But do I want to clean up the air and water? Sure. And if the owners won't do it themselves we have to look at other options.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 07:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: That's why I won't pull my investments out of Blockbuster and move it to Netflix.  It will make a comeback some day!  Ninja

All seriousness aside, INVESTING in clean energy doesn't mean we stop using coal at the same time.  I've been surprised at the coal production lately and don't see it slowing down soon.

Do I want people to lose jobs?  No, of course not.  But do I want to clean up the air and water?  Sure.  And if the owners won't do it themselves we have to look at other options.

Of course creating alternate energy sources directly competes with coal lol. With recent developments in clean wind and water engery they produce energy a the same rate as coal with less dependence on real workers. It is cleaner and cheaper. ... which is a massive reason why last summer world energy leaders met in Pittsburgh and decided to invest 100 billion dollars worldwide in wind and water energy. 

That might sound great yes we all want a perfect world but there are consequences for every action and everytime we vote against fossil fuels everytime we create alternative energy sources no matter how great it takes food out of the mouths of kids in WV. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 12:09 AM)Synric Wrote: Of course creating alternate energy sources directly competes with coal lol. With recent developments in clean wind and water engery they produce energy a the same rate as coal with less dependence on real workers. It is cleaner and cheaper. ... which is a massive reason why last summer world energy leaders met in Pittsburgh and decided to invest 100 billion dollars worldwide in wind and water energy. 

That might sound great yes we all want a perfect world but there are consequences for every action and everytime we vote against fossil fuels everytime we create alternative energy sources no matter how great it takes food out of the mouths of kids in WV. 

And I feel for them.  That's a generational thing there.

But technology has done this many times in the past and it will happen again sooner or later.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Anything on hydrogen power in there?
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 10:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: And I feel for them.  That's a generational thing there.

But technology has done this many times in the past and it will happen again sooner or later.

My bad I wasn't trying to come at you or anything lol and I understand technology does cost jobs and that will always be the case... Honestly I would vote for clean renewable energy if I could but I can't I don't have that choice. I vote Red against Bill Gates because that is best for my region. 

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 05:58 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Anything on hydrogen power in there?

Right now hydrogen energy can't compete with other renewable energy sources.

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 05:37 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: invest.gov

Click on your state to see the massive amount of infrastructure money going to your state.  Ohio is one of the nation's leaders with $32-Billion in Biden's rebuilding of and investing in America.  

Expect unemployment to continue at a 55-year low and inflation to keep coming down heading into 2024.

I work at one of the businesses my state is getting money from. We're getting 20% of the entire states funds.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 11:18 PM)Synric Wrote: Right now hydrogen energy can't compete with other renewable energy sources.

Hydrogen could potentially be the answer to the question of what to do with the excess unused energy produced at peak sun/wind/wave/geothermal/etc.

Stabilize the grid with a clean burning fuel that could be produced when we are looking to store energy somewhere. Europe is calling it green hydrogen.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2023, 12:09 AM)Synric Wrote: Of course creating alternate energy sources directly competes with coal lol. With recent developments in clean wind and water engery they produce energy a the same rate as coal with less dependence on real workers. It is cleaner and cheaper. ... which is a massive reason why last summer world energy leaders met in Pittsburgh and decided to invest 100 billion dollars worldwide in wind and water energy. 

Coal is already being displaced by natural gas which is both cleaner and cheaper, but the need for it won't go away for decades.  The same with natural gas. The move to newer energy sources will not happen overnight and won't replace them entirely for decades if not longer.  Older products getting overtaken by newer ones is the way of the world.  This transition is seen in every single industry.  If we fail to plan for the future, our economy will fall behind the rest of the world. It is short-sighted to stubbornly hold on to without looking ahead

The best coal country can hope for is replacement industries to replace the lost jobs. And wind and solar energy businesses are sources of those jobs

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote