Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just rewatched the game
I already knew this part but the refs kept them in the first half. We should of had a big lead at halftime. Two big calls, was Adam Jones knee which might of been a fumble,might not. But the Denver receiver trapping the ball on the ground, that's never usually called a catch.

2nd half, our secondary and offensive line was just bad. Both Jones and Kirkpatrick got passed on, safeties was just there, our whole secondary blew that game. Each one got passed on. Adam Jones did make a play on 2nd down and just so happened to get a cramp. Don't know who's idea it was to have Chris Lewis one on one. He made a poor attempt on the break up, he's just not any good. And what happened to dennard I thought he was a play maker for Michigan.

They kept pulling hill after one run, and they went to passing in the 2nd half. Where Dalton got sacked or he had to escape the pocket. I put this on Bodine and Cedric Obuigi .hill and go got stopped because there was no running lanes. But the 1st half could of been different,and could of had a different game. We can beat them guys,with adjustments on this team. Idk how burfict helps the secondary though. We stopped the run just fine. Eifert should help, and they need to quit bringing in Fisher as a receiver. Just my two cents.
Reply/Quote
This week the knee wasn't down, last week it was. This was one of those games where I almost changed the channel. Very ugly, but I'm confident things will turn around after the Pats.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 07:44 AM)Tankvet Wrote: This week the knee wasn't down, last week it was.  This was one of those games where I almost changed the channel. Very ugly, but I'm confident things will turn around after the Pats.

It was down this week too, but I can certainly understand them not overturning it based on the video evidence. The real problem with these calls is the refs are assuming turnover on close calls (maybe because that way it'll automatically be reviewed?) then the video evidence isn't enough to prove it was a turnover, but because they went turnover on field it has to stand. If it's close and the NFL wants indisputable evidence then they should be conservative if the play is close and leave the call on the field no fumble. Then it can be challenged. If it's a tough call or no evidence the team with possession should get the benefit of the doubt. Should only be a turnover if it's clearly a fumble/interception/etc
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 07:44 AM)Tankvet Wrote: This week the knee wasn't down, last week it was.  This was one of those games where I almost changed the channel. Very ugly, but I'm confident things will turn around after the Pats.

Hell, they ain't going to lose to the Pats.  After that game, Brady will be questioning why he's still playing.... Ninja
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 06:40 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Hell, they ain't going to lose to the Pats.  After that game, Brady will be questioning why he's still playing.... Ninja

When he easily throws 15 TDs against us. We'll kill his competitive spirit! Ninja
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 07:48 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: When he easily throws 15 TDs against us. We'll kill his competitive spirit! Ninja

Yep, we'll have him right where we want him, lol.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Several of those long passes were just inches away from being broken up and incomplete. Plus, I agree the refs were ridiculous in the 1st half calling absolute ticky-tack stuff that happens on nearly every play on both sides. Yet for whatever reason is called against us in the most crucial of situations.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Surprised we got away from running the ball but it's hard to run it alot when you aren't getting 1st downs anymore and they got the ball for most of the half. That 3rd quater TD drive by them that kept getting 1st downs on penalties seemed to take forever, the one where we dropped two INT's
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 09:49 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Surprised we got away from running the ball but it's hard to run it alot when you aren't getting 1st downs anymore and they got the ball for most of the half.  That 3rd quater TD drive by them that kept getting 1st downs on penalties seemed to take forever, the one where we dropped two INT's

Hill averaged 2.4 ypc after the first drive. Hill and Gio combined averaged 2.2 ypc after the first drive. That's not going to win you games. 
Reply/Quote
The two replays were bad, but other than the phantom Zeitler hold, I didn't have a problem with the officiating.

I did have a lot of problem with the coaching/scheme/gameplan, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

I would bet my life that his knee was down this week. watched it over and over, not even close. Not a fumble.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 07:02 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I already knew this part but the refs kept them in the first half.  We should of had a big lead at halftime.  Two big calls, was Adam Jones knee which might of been a fumble,might not. But the Denver receiver trapping the ball on the ground, that's never usually called a catch.

2nd half, our secondary and offensive line was just bad.  Both Jones and Kirkpatrick got passed on, safeties was just there, our whole secondary blew that game. Each one got passed on.  Adam Jones did make a play on 2nd down and just so happened to get a cramp.  Don't know who's idea it was to have Chris Lewis one on one.  He made a poor attempt on the break up, he's just not any good.  And what happened to dennard I thought he was a play maker for Michigan.  

They kept pulling hill after one run, and they went to passing in the 2nd half. Where Dalton got sacked or he had to escape the pocket. I put this on Bodine and Cedric Obuigi .hill and go got stopped because there was no running lanes.  But the 1st half could of been different,and could of had a different game. We can beat them guys,with adjustments on this team. Idk how burfict helps the secondary though.  We stopped the run just fine. Eifert should help, and they need to quit bringing in Fisher as a receiver. Just my two cents.

We were on our way to a big lead with control of that game till the BS fumble. That play changed everything.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 10:48 PM)TKUHL Wrote: We were on our way to a big lead with control of that game till the BS fumble. That play changed everything.

Which is exactly the problem with the Bengals. One effin' setback and they collapse. The HC claps his hands and says something inane and the sky falls on the team. MAN UP!!!
Reply/Quote
You know I saw Sean Peyton yelling in a refs ear in the first quarter last night. Wonder if Marvin knows he can do that. Nawww hell he's afraid to even challenge a play. No ref is going to think twice about throwing a BS flag against a Marvin Lewis team, Im sure they do against the Pats. No passion, no fire, no killer instinct, and most of all no accountability on this team.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 06:40 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Hell, they ain't going to lose to the Pats.  After that game, Brady will be questioning why he's still playing.... Ninja

With the amount of passion this team is playing with, I am worried about the Browns games...
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 10:47 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I would bet my life that his knee was down this week. watched it over and over, not even close. Not a fumble.

As a friend, never bet your life when the Bengals  and officiating is concerned....You can only die once, but you would have died about 15 times this year alone.  
Reply/Quote
I and everyone else is hoping 55 turns the ship around.
Jone's knee was down, but no challenge so it stood..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 05:20 AM)grampahol Wrote: I and everyone else is hoping 55 turns the ship around.
Jone's knee was down, but no challenge so it stood..

All turnovers are reviewed so a challenge wouldn't have done anything.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 07:02 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I already knew this part but the refs kept them in the first half.  We should of had a big lead at halftime.  Two big calls, was Adam Jones knee which might of been a fumble,might not. But the Denver receiver trapping the ball on the ground, that's never usually called a catch.

2nd half, our secondary and offensive line was just bad.  Both Jones and Kirkpatrick got passed on, safeties was just there, our whole secondary blew that game. Each one got passed on.  Adam Jones did make a play on 2nd down and just so happened to get a cramp.  Don't know who's idea it was to have Chris Lewis one on one.  He made a poor attempt on the break up, he's just not any good.  And what happened to dennard I thought he was a play maker for Michigan.  

They kept pulling hill after one run, and they went to passing in the 2nd half. Where Dalton got sacked or he had to escape the pocket. I put this on Bodine and Cedric Obuigi .hill and go got stopped because there was no running lanes.  But the 1st half could of been different,and could of had a different game. We can beat them guys,with adjustments on this team. Idk how burfict helps the secondary though.  We stopped the run just fine. Eifert should help, and they need to quit bringing in Fisher as a receiver. Just my two cents.

My two cents...

That was not a catch when the WR uses the ground to catch the ball, he didn't even try to cradle it.

The holding call on Zeitler was completely BS and would of turned the game our way. But the refs just wanted to
throw a flag out there, calls like this should be penalized by the league. Changes games and there was no evidence
of a hold whatsoever. This call really pissed me off and the roughing the passer on Dansby and Derron was BS.

Seriously, the last two games have been just terrible ref wise, turrible... Whatever

Edit: and oh we intercept those 2 bad passes from Semien and we win that game. Hit our guys right in the chest.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 01:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: My two cents...

That was not a catch when the WR uses the ground to catch the ball, he didn't even try to cradle it.

The holding call on Zeitler was completely BS and would of turned the game our way. But the refs just wanted to
throw a flag out there, calls like this should be penalized by the league. Changes games and there was no evidence
of a hold whatsoever. This call really pissed me off and the roughing the passer on Dansby and Derron was BS.

Seriously, the last two games have been just terrible ref wise, turrible... Whatever

Edit: and oh we intercept those 2 bad passes from Semien and we win that game. Hit our guys right in the chest.

Didn't need to cradle the ball, as he had control

You are correct about the Zeitler call.  Reminiscent of us being penalized for the Steelers' false start.

Smith was not penalized, Dansby was because of the blow to the QB's head.  If he has drilled him in the chest there would have been no flag on us and the Broncos would have lost 5 fior the false start.
Reply/Quote