Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
keystone pipeline doesnt have to use american steel
http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/322154-white-house-keystone-xl-exempt-from-trumps-american-steel-push

cant say im shocked
People suck
(03-03-2017, 01:41 PM)Griever Wrote: http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/322154-white-house-keystone-xl-exempt-from-trumps-american-steel-push

cant say im shocked

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/16/click-for-a-full-transcript-of-trumps-first-solo-press-conference.html

Quote:We've also taken steps to begin construction of the Keystone pipeline and Dakota Access pipelines, thousands and thousands of jobs, and put new buy American measures in place to require American steel for American pipelines. In other words, they build a pipeline in this country and we use the powers of the government to make that pipeline happen, we want them to use American steel. And they are willing to do that, but nobody ever asked before I came along. Even this order was drawn, and they didn't say that and I'm reading the order and I say why aren't we using American steel? They said, that's a good idea. We put it in.

Hilarious
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
They are currently building a pipeline and each segment of pipeline is literally part of a pipeline which didn't exist before they tightened the bolts. So of course it doesn't count as new.
that steel sure is Canadian.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
So a Canadian company basically forced the American President into backing down from one of his promises.

(03-03-2017, 02:05 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So a Canadian company basically forced the American President into backing down from one of his promises.

So you're saying they laid the pipe to Donald?
He sure does lie through his teeth.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
So that's what you call a pipe dream.
I'd say "stick it up your pipe and smoke it" to his promise, but I don't want Jeff Sessions to think I smoke pot.

America first guys.

It wont be the rich guys profiting from this. Any profits Canada and the oil companies make while risking our land to oil spills so they can ship oil out and sell it to other countries will go directly to the middle class.
Funny I was the last one to comment on this. Figured I would have some Trumpet warriors ready for battle with dear leader saying all that jazz about American steel and American jobs and America First and Make America Great Again.

WTF? What am I missing here?
We are looking at a massive 35 long term jobs here. Surely this is big stuff worthy of presidential boasting.

Our man god.. Trump.. My goodness dear leader... Even though you lied about American Steel. Please take the time to bless us with your russian powers and trickle down to the american middle class your blessed greatness. Amen dear blessed leader trump and putin. ps we love you dear leader please forgive us for we have sinned.
That anyone gives a shit about this is pretty funny....another completely non-issue partisan issue. Not enough value in question - on either side - for this to be a federal discussion.

But add it to a long list of issues demagogued at the federal level that shouldn't be.
--------------------------------------------------------

(03-04-2017, 07:12 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: That anyone gives a shit about this is pretty funny....another completely non-issue partisan issue.  Not enough value in question - on either side - for this to be a federal discussion.

But add it to a long list of issues demagogued at the federal level that shouldn't be.

Agreed.  The President should not mandate how a business spends it's money on product.

Small government republicans indeed.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-04-2017, 01:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: Agreed.  The President should not mandate how a business spends it's money on product.

Small government republicans indeed.

Im ok with dictating to businesses certain conditions if they need public lands and government approval to do something. Technically public lands belong to all Americans and if something is being done on or to them, it should benefit us in some way.
(03-04-2017, 07:12 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: That anyone gives a shit about this is pretty funny....another completely non-issue partisan issue.  Not enough value in question - on either side - for this to be a federal discussion.

I can remember the Buy American mantra from at least the early 80s if not before. Buying American made products is a part of bringing jobs back to America to MAGA. It has been a partisan political issue long before Trump signed his Executive Order. It's funny Trump seems to act like his hands are tied on this one. I mean it's only his EO with his signature. 

What's funnier is you pretending (badly) this isn't partisan politics. Didn't Trump win the Presidency by promising to refurbish the economically depressed Rust Belt?

And what's this about Russian steel? Oh, nevermind Obama tapped Trump's phone. 

Yeah, nothing political to be seen here. LOL
(03-06-2017, 07:33 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And what's this about Russian steel?

How do you know Trump's term of endearment for Putin?

Quote:Obama tapped Trump's phone. 

That explains it.

(03-06-2017, 08:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: How do you know Trump's term of endearment for Putin?

That explains it.

Damn, seems I incriminated myself like Session. 

And the Ryan smirk is priceless. 
(03-06-2017, 11:59 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote:

Damn, seems I incriminated myself like Session. 

And the Ryan smirk is priceless. 

Would love to hear what one of those body language experts thought of that. Sure looks like he felt he was lying. 

No worries though. The pending conflict with North Korea should be big enough to get people off the Russian thing for a bit.
(03-06-2017, 07:33 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What's funnier is you pretending (badly) this isn't partisan politics.

Umm, no, I wasn't pretending.  Seemed pretty clear to others I was saying it IS partisan politics and shouldn't be.  It doesn't move the needle on anything.

The rest of your ad-hominems don't deflect from your failure to read and understand pretty simple English.
--------------------------------------------------------

(03-07-2017, 12:58 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: The rest of your ad-hominems don't deflect from your failure to read and understand pretty simple English.

Quintessential JustWinBaby.