Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
last min mock
I'm not awestruck with the rumors of who's being taken outright at 21, but I'll take the guy later.  As we sift through Ragnow, Price, Miller, Hernandez (Daniels?) to see which is smoke or fire...trading back is an option that will look more appealing if this is what their board looks like.  If Ragnow/Price is truly their realistic target they want to fill a need quick so they can move onto BPA beyond.  There is no middle ground to the QB class, there are a lot of aging starting QB's still hanging on and plenty of new staffs wanting their guy.  That's the perfect storm for guys going quick via trade, so NE is either going to have to scramble to go get Jackson or likely when he goes to AZ, or secure even Rudolph before NO or Pitt leap into the Detroit pick.

So as I mentioned in the Lap thread, I don't like projecting trades but I really think it comes together.  Cincy moves down to 31, gives up 115(4th rd) and lands 63(2nd rd) plus a 2019 4th.  McGlinchy, Jackson and Hernandez are gone.

31. Frank Ragnow C - Arkansas: Marvin and Co. want stability after the terrible offense, mainly the OL.  Ragnow is NFL ready as an anchor and can move over if needed.  They compromise the desire of wanting a star at 21 and now 31 for a fast track to building chemistry.  I can't stress enough how important it is to stack OL talent as you're already behind the 8 ball in needing to build chemistry with rookies even, lets build NOW.  He isn't the big athlete to be used as a weapon, but the relief heard around the board is that we now have a guy that can hold his own vs the average bull rush and twist, yet take the right angle in the 2nd level

46. Justin Reid S - Stanford: If there is any truth to them wanting to play more multi safety looks, they pounce on him.  He can get too aggressive in many ways, but not lost.  I want a guy like this out there fighting to break up passes, the talent is there but he's the 3rd best S when there could be a run at other positions at the top of the 2nd.  Some of us have been screaming for a while that more of a CF type out there would bring Iloka back to form and lets hope so.

63. Tim Settle DT - His weight has been an issue, but he's "down" to 330 on a 6'3" frame and will look to lose more to form a potent rotation....I gotta leave smh I'm serious, here's the rest though....

3. Will Richardson T

3.  Not Tegary Scales, You're totally right that was sloppy I was trying to remember who I had in my mock last night as I was going out the door. I had him in the end of the 5th not the end of the Third.

bear with me on this voice to text thing. At the end of the third round I have Fred Warner nickel linebacker for BYU being a weapon they can use. 5th round Springs Mississippi pass-rusher Marquis Haynes, Alabama running back Bo scarbrough and CMU tight end Tyler Conklin. Memphis quarterback Riley Ferguson in the 7th and some special team dude. Sorry that looks rough but I just wanted to s
Reply/Quote
Whoa, Scales in the 3rd is a big reach. If you really want him, you could likely find him in the 6th-7th.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I could see reading back a little but trading clear back to 31 scares the bejeezuz out of me. I can’t help but think somebody 22-30 would potentially grab the center we are after.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 05:44 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I could see reading back a little but trading clear back to 31 scares the bejeezuz out of me. I can’t help but think somebody 22-30 would potentially  grab the center we are after.

depends on what other teams value for positions with that 5th year option.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 05:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Whoa, Scales in the 3rd is a big reach.  If you really want him, you could likely find him in the 6th-7th.

You're totally right that was sloppy I was trying to remember who I had in my mock last night as I was going out the door.  I had him in the end of the 5th not the end of the Third.  

bear with me on this voice to text thing. At the end of the third round I have Fred Warner nickel linebacker for BYU being a weapon they can use. 5th round Springs Mississippi pass-rusher Marquis Haynes, Alabama running back Bo scarbrough and  CMU tight end Tyler Conklin. Memphis quarterback Riley Ferguson in the 7th and some special team dude. Sorry that looks rough but I just wanted to say I actually did one mock this year
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 05:44 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I could see reading back a little but trading clear back to 31 scares the bejeezuz out of me. I can’t help but think somebody 22-30 would potentially  grab the center we are after.

Frightens me as well. I like the players just not how you went about it Phil.

I say take Ragnow at 21, don't want to gamble that none of those teams that are interested in Ragnow won't take him.

Take the best Center at 21 then go Reid, Settle, Richardson and a LB like Shaq Griffin next.

All those guys could very well fall to those spots too.

I agree, no Tegray Scales. He just doesn't tackle well enough for me and doesn't take the best angles and looks slow.

I like Griffin much better and even Josey Jewell better there.
Reply/Quote