Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
list movie suggestions for others and grade them on 0-10.
(07-14-2015, 05:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the Dark Crystal.  a jim Henson Film.

I give it a solid 7.5...  Loved as a child and it still holds up today.   Yes they are muppets but not the Muppets (from the muppet movies)  more of a serious tone

May check it out. Sounds interesting
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 04:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: Public Enemies

Johnny Depp, Christian Bale, Marion Cotillard, Stephen Dorff, Stephen Graham, Giovanni Ribisi, Channing Tatum, and Billy Crudup.....directed and written by Michael Mann.  

I'd give it an 8/10....

8 I agree with that, one of my favorite gangster movies. Maybe it may hahave been my grandfather,  growing up he idolized John dilinger. Lol 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
There Will Be Blood 10/10

Easy 10/10. Daniel Day Lewis is arguably the best actor of any generation, and to watch this character he plays slip into madness is quite frightening.

"I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE. I DRINK IT UP!"

It's free on Netflix right now.
Reply/Quote
"Hamlet 2"

Very funny comedy that a lot of people have not seen.

8/10

Steve Coogan plays a washed up actor who teaches drama. It is a parody of the typical "teacher-inspires-troubled-students-to excel" plot.

The play they put on is crazy. All the major characters die at the end of Hamlet, so in order to do a sequel he has Hamlet and Jesus use a time machine to prevent all those deaths.

Amy Poehler is brilliant as an ACLU attorney, and Elizabeth Shue has a small role playing herself with a bit of a twist.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 06:52 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: May check it out. Sounds interesting

Just watched this with my nephew.  Hadn't seen it in about 26 years.  If you want to see a cool children's movie that is just as captivating for adults, check out the animated feature "Spirited Away".   It is so bizarre, but in a good way.  
Reply/Quote
"Withnail and I".  A movie about two down-on-their-luck actors living in Britain in the late 60s.  To try to "rejuvenate" and escape the squalor of their urban existence, they take a "holiday" to the countryside.  All hijinx ensue.  If you are in to drinking games, try matching them drink for drink.  Cult classic in Britain.  I discovered it as a Netflix recommendation.  If you are a fan of Hunter S Thompson's "Fear and Loathing", you will get a kick out of this.  Some of my favorite lines:

"I demand to have some booze!"

"I assure you I'm not drunk officer, I've only had a few ales".  

"I feel like a pig shat in my head!"

"Give me a downer, Danny.  My Brain's capsizing, I've gone and ****** my brain!"

"My thumbs have gone weird! I'm in the middle of a bloody overdose! My heart's beating like a ****** clock! I feel dreadful, I feel really dreadful."
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 07:16 PM)Ben Richards Wrote: There Will Be Blood  10/10

Easy 10/10.  Daniel Day Lewis is arguably the best actor of any generation, and to watch this character he plays slip into madness is quite frightening.  

"I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE.  I DRINK IT UP!"

It's free on Netflix right now.

Great flick....frightening character indeed.

I'll offer another one:

"3:10 to Yuma" starring Christian Bale and Russell Crowe.  A damn fine western.  8.5/10.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I really enjoyed "The Equalizer" with Denzell. Maybe 8.5 - 10. Good to great action movie.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
The Wolf of Wall Street- highly entertaining.  I'd give it a solid 7.5.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 01:00 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: The Wolf of Wall Street- highly entertaining.  I'd give it a solid 7.5.

Especially these scenes!!!

[Image: 7CmEeJnh.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 12:21 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I really enjoyed "The Equalizer" with Denzell.  Maybe 8.5 - 10.  Good to great action movie.

I love that movie. I just watched it on Sunday and I'll probably be watching it again later this week.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
The Hunt for the Red October. Sean Connery Alec Baldwin (i think well one of the baldwins)

8.5/10 great movie
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 05:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: The Hunt for the Red October.  Sean Connery  Alec Baldwin (i think well one of the baldwins)

8.5/10 great movie

Great flick.....but way before 2000. 

You're right though, a heckuva great film, loved it.

Reply/Quote
A movie that tugs at my heart strings, and gets me fired up at the same time is "We Are Marshall" starring Matthew McConaughey, Matthew Fox, and Kate Mara.

7.75/10

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 06:03 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Great flick.....but way before 2000. 

You're right though, a heckuva great film, loved it.

oh sorry is this only for movies after the year 2000? they dont make them like they used to.
Reply/Quote
Employee of the Month (not the Dane Cook movie) starring Matt Dillon, Steve Zahn, Christina Applegate... Jenna Fischer (from the Office) has a cameo as a hooker.... 8/10.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 06:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: oh sorry is this only for movies after the year 2000?  they dont make them like they used to.

Indeed they don't my good man......although I did thoroughly enjoy the new Mad Max flick....

Speaking of, I give Fury Road a solid 9/10. Entertaining from credits to credits.

Reply/Quote
If you are looking for a good action flick on DVD. The Kingsman just came out on Redbox and I give it a solid 7
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 09:57 PM)jason Wrote: Employee of the Month (not the Dane Cook movie) starring Matt Dillon, Steve Zahn, Christina Applegate... Jenna Fischer (from the Office) has a cameo as a hooker.... 8/10.

Too funny.  Most people have never seen this movie.  Pretty good unknown flick.  Another Steve Zahn one that is decent is Happy Texas.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I really enjoyed The Prestige.  9/10 for me.

[Image: th?id=JN.os%2fku5%2b38Y6WHp1Myupcxw&pid=...d=15.1&P=0]

American History X 10/10
[Image: th?id=JN.gwCG%2bHv1cG6%2fHMxyQ4%2b6pg&pi...d=15.1&P=0]

The Last Castle 9/10
[Image: th?id=JN.6ie%2bJD%2bbBW0Royqvt8xk1Q&pid=...d=15.1&P=0]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote