Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
local radio
on the local radio they interviewed some Bengals today, caught Kenny Anderson and part of another person I'm not positive exactly who the other person was.

Anyway Kenny said he was not sure if he would play in NFL or just be a teacher. Said a friend pointed out that the $7500 signing bonus would equal a years teachers pay and convinced him to give NFL a try. Says he went in with a lawyer to negotiate his contract and was fine with the $17 or $18 thousand contract but really wanted a $10,000 signing bonus, said PB took out the checkbook and wrote him a check for $7500 and said that's all you get, and he said ok.

He said when asked what team he hates the most, he says he knows he is supposed to say the steelers but that's not really the case. Said they beat the steelers too much in the steelers heyday to hate them and felt it validated the Bengals somewhat even. Says one year the Bengals won in Cincy but were getting hammered in Pittsburgh when Mean Joe Green on one of his many sacks told Kenny he should stop by the steelers locker room after the game for a beer, to which Kenny said sounded pretty good to him as he laid on the ground. So after game he showered quickly and ducked into the steelers locker room to drink beer from a sauna turned cooler. Then when leaving after a few pops he realized the team had left without him to the airport. Said he was fined and had to pay for the plane ticket home lol.

The other guy interviewed said at the time most other teams did not supply alcohol for players, so he would act as bootlegger of some sort and have 7 cases of beer delivered to road games for the guys. Said Kenny Anderson ordered two six packs for the ride from stadium to the airport each time no matter if the drive was 5 minutes or 45 minutes, always 2 six packs.

Kenny also said he believes his game would translate into the new NFL without a problem. Said he was mobile, accurate, and good at reading defenses which is what todays game is, I agree with him.

Kenny also raved about Joe Burrow being the real deal as well.

Just going by memory so its not verbatim but was an entertaining interview .
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I always liked Kenny Anderson. He played good ball and was good off the field. He spoke at my high school which is a small town and it was a big deal.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I did too. There was a period of time I didn’t like him when he was coaching for the Steelers, but he is a prodigal son and I will welcome him back. Great story

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Kenny is one of my favorite Bengal players to take the field in stripes.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2023, 11:49 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Kenny is one of my favorite Bengal players to take the field in stripes.

I believe he'll always be in my top 5.

Cool story
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2023, 09:38 PM)Go Cards Wrote: on the local radio they interviewed some Bengals today, caught Kenny Anderson and part of another person I'm not positive exactly who the other person was.

Anyway Kenny said he was not sure if he would play in NFL or just be a teacher. Said a friend pointed out that the $7500 signing bonus would equal a years teachers pay and convinced him to give NFL a try. Says he went in with a lawyer to negotiate his contract and was fine with the $17 or $18 thousand contract but really wanted a $10,000 signing bonus, said PB took out the checkbook and wrote him a check for $7500 and said that's all you get, and he said ok.

He said when asked what team he hates the most, he says he knows he is supposed to say the steelers but that's not really the case. Said they beat the steelers too much in the steelers heyday to hate them and felt it validated the Bengals somewhat even. Says one year the Bengals won in Cincy but were getting hammered in Pittsburgh when Mean Joe Green on one of his many sacks told Kenny he should stop by the steelers locker room after the game for a beer, to which Kenny said sounded pretty good to him as he laid on the ground. So after game he showered quickly and ducked into the steelers locker room to drink beer from a sauna turned cooler. Then when leaving after a few pops he realized the team had left without him to the airport. Said he was fined and had to pay for the plane ticket home lol.

The other guy interviewed said at the time most other teams did not supply alcohol for players, so he would act as bootlegger of some sort and have 7 cases of beer delivered to road games for the guys. Said Kenny Anderson ordered two six packs for the ride from stadium to the airport each time no matter if the drive was 5 minutes or 45 minutes, always 2 six packs.

Kenny also said he believes his game would translate into the new NFL without a problem. Said he was mobile, accurate, and good at reading defenses which is what todays game is, I agree with him.

Cool story from Kenny. Bengal great and a fellow brewskie man. God bless him. PervertClapping

Cheers
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2023, 09:38 PM)Go Cards Wrote: on the local radio they interviewed some Bengals today, caught Kenny Anderson and part of another person I'm not positive exactly who the other person was.

Bradshaw's stealers were not near as dirty as Tomlin's stealers.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2023, 06:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bradshaw's stealers were not near as dirty as Tomlin's stealers.

Agree on a whole, they weren't going after punters and such then but QB bounties were very alive during Kenny's tenure. 

Seen the steelers grab Kenny Anderson long after play was over and both teams were walking back to the huddle. Snatched him up quickly by the crotch and shoulder and flipped him upside down while pile driving him head first into the ground violently. Then just stood over him pointing and laughing as Anderson's writhed in pain and his season was done for the year, on a SB caliber team no less. 

Dirtiest play I've ever seen, can't recall who did it though, maybe Lambert. Just recall the toothless laughing while pointing as he stood over Kenny. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2023, 10:52 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree on a whole, they weren't going after punters and such then but QB bounties were very alive during Kenny's tenure. 

Seen the steelers grab Kenny Anderson long after play was over and both teams were walking back to the huddle. Snatched him up quickly by the crotch and shoulder and flipped him upside down while pile driving him head first into the ground violently. Then just stood over him pointing and laughing as Anderson's writhed in pain and his season was done for the year, on a SB caliber team no less. 

Dirtiest play I've ever seen, can't recall who did it though, maybe Lambert. Just recall the toothless laughing while pointing as he stood over Kenny. 

Ketamine?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 12:06 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ketamine?

No, I just smoke weed  Ninja

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
So, for us out of towners, . . . what are the Cincinnati area sports radio stations or specific shows worth checking out? I've gotten kind of bored with the selection of youtubers.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 05:49 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: So, for us out of towners, . . . what are the Cincinnati area sports radio stations or specific shows worth checking out? I've gotten kind of bored with the selection of youtubers.

I've been gone from Cincy for a while, but 700 WLW and 55 WKRC were the big ones when I lived there. I know WLW is still pumping out tremendous wattage and is available on Iheart
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 05:49 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: So, for us out of towners, . . . what are the Cincinnati area sports radio stations or specific shows worth checking out? I've gotten kind of bored with the selection of youtubers.

Not from Cincinnati and this happened to be on a Louisville sports show which was extremely rare to hear per they are affiliated with the Ravens

but when I'm up that way I usually have mine on 

WLW 700 
WCKY 1530

Yet maybe somebody from the Cincinnati area may know of better ones

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Though I can only remember the twilight of his playing days, Kenny will always be one of my favorites. Great read Cards. I listen to WLW down here in Central KY on my way to and from work everyday.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Of course, the number 1 station in the 'Nati is WKRP. Looking forward to heading out to the Pinedale Shopping Mall for Thanksgiving again this year.
Reply/Quote