Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mail in voting
(06-26-2020, 07:04 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: So you are saying there is no such thing as voter fraud?

No.  I never said anything like that.  In fact I have repeatedly mentioned the massive voter fraud in the 9th district of North Caroline in the most recent election.

The point I am making, and that you keep avoiding, is that Trump has done nothing to address voter fraud even though he alleged that MILLIONS of illegal votes were cats in California.  

I have also point out that the more people that vote the more it hurts Republicans.  High level Republicans have admitted that voter suppression works in their favor.

So I really can't believe how anyone can argue that suddenly Trump, after dissolving the commission he established to address voter fraud, is motivated by fear of voter fraud (which could easily BENEFIT him) instead of just doing whatever he can to suppress the vote.

(06-26-2020, 07:04 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: How we would all love to live in your perfect world where you vilify financially successful black men and try to rope them into black athlete stereotypes by having multiple kids by multiple women and dont pay child support. That sounds racist if you ask me. And honestly, it's really none of your business, yet you want others to mind their own business when it comes to gay people. 

The argument about Chad only addressed all his children because I thought it strange that a guy who had been taken to court for not paying child support suddenly had a quarter of a million dollars to just give away.  

But I am not afraid to address the issue of black men having so many kids by so many different women.

I don't judge any individual black man based on stereotypes.  That would be racism.  But our nation is currently engaged in a discussion about the problems of the black population AS A WHOLE.  So it is not racist to point out facts that need to change for the black community to thrive and prosper like other races.   There are many things hindering the progress of the black community.  some of them are the results of institutional racism which we all have to work to correct, but there are also problems within their own culture they have to change if they want to continue to build on the great advancements they have made over the last 50 years.

I am sure you have heard of "The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation".  They have invested billions into fighting poverty in third world countries.  You know what Melinda Gates considers to be the most important aspect of fighting poverty?  Birth control and family planning.  The statistics overwhelmingly bear this out.  Smaller families free up the women to be productive in some way other than just taking care of children.  Promoting a two-parent family model also greatly increases wealth because it is much cheaper for a couple to maintain one dwelling than two.

These are things that you really can't change by laws.  I like the fact that the tax code no longer subsidizes larger families.  I never felt that was fair.  But you can't make laws that force couples to stay together or make it harder for a woman to get out of a relationship.  So it has to be done through teaching and good positive role models.  Chad gave an interview where he basically said it is hard for him to be monogamous because most women are just whores after his money.  But he said this AFTER having 8 kids by 6 women.

even if Chad was the best father he could be.  It is difficult to be a real good father when you have to split your time and money among 6 different families.
(06-26-2020, 08:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  I never said anything like that.  In fact I have repeatedly mentioned the massive voter fraud in the 9th district of North Caroline in the most recent election.

The point I am making, and that you keep avoiding, is that Trump has done nothing to address voter fraud even though he alleged that MILLIONS of illegal votes were cats in California.  

I have also point out that the more people that vote the more it hurts Republicans.  High level Republicans have admitted that voter suppression works in their favor.

So I really can't believe how anyone can argue that suddenly Trump, after dissolving the commission he established to address voter fraud, is motivated by fear of voter fraud (which could easily BENEFIT him) instead of just doing whatever he can to suppress the vote.

The argument about Chad only addressed all his children because I thought it strange that a guy who had been taken to court for not paying child support suddenly had a quarter of a million dollars to just give away.  

But I am not afraid to address the issue of black men having so many kids by so many different women.

I don't judge any individual black man based on stereotypes.  That would be racism.  But our nation is currently engaged in a discussion about the problems of the black population AS A WHOLE.  So it is not racist to point out facts that need to change for the black community to thrive and prosper like other races.   There are many things hindering the progress of the black community.  some of them are the results of institutional racism which we all have to work to correct, but there are also problems within their own culture they have to change if they want to continue to build on the great advancements they have made over the last 50 years.

I am sure you have heard of "The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation".  They have invested billions into fighting poverty in third world countries.  You know what Melinda Gates considers to be the most important aspect of fighting poverty?  Birth control and family planning.  The statistics overwhelmingly bear this out.  Smaller families free up the women to be productive in some way other than just taking care of children.  Promoting a two-parent family model also greatly increases wealth because it is much cheaper for a couple to maintain one dwelling than two.

These are things that you really can't change by laws.  I like the fact that the tax code no longer subsidizes larger families.  I never felt that was fair.  But you can't make laws that force couples to stay together or make it harder for a woman to get out of a relationship.  So it has to be done through teaching and good positive role models.  Chad gave an interview where he basically said it is hard for him to be monogamous because most women are just whores after his money.  But he said this AFTER having 8 kids by 6 women.

even if Chad was the best father he could be.  It is difficult to be a real good father when you have to split your time and money among 6 different families.

I really don't know what can be done to address voter fraud. Photo ID seems the best for now. Other 1st would countries require some form of id for voting and they seem to work out just fine.

And i don't think it would hurt Republicans as much as you think. And if it does hurt them, then they would adjust their platform to conform. Is that a bad thing? I think its one of those propaganda things from the left thats been said so many times that now people believe it. 

Funny,  now you call them black women. Before you used the slur "baby momma". In your original post, its clear it was intended as an insult and in this case a racial slur.

And yes you did try to paint Chad as a stereotype of a typical rich black athlete. 

If you wanted to portray the cultural behavior as bad. Then you should have led with that. However,.I doubt Chads kids live in poverty. 

And ofc its hard to devote time and money with that many kids spread.out like that. But thats his problem, not yours. So mind your own and let Chad mind his own. 

If the women were after the money, then everytime he got a new contract they would be asking for more amd when he got less, Chad's lawyer should be asking them to lower it based on his new wages. You don't have to be a lawyer to know this.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
US Supreme Court shot down Texas request for more mail in voting.
(06-27-2020, 12:57 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: US Supreme Court shot down Texas request for more mail in voting.

https://foxsanantonio.com/news/local/supreme-court-rejects-democrats-vote-by-mail-request?fbclid=IwAR2aVkoJlO5F4y_S1Z9s4giUbIW8vrMYY8GkX_Zm0iTlvsNP13ajii-Ps04

The damn SCOTUS is suppressing voters. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-27-2020, 09:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://foxsanantonio.com/news/local/supreme-court-rejects-democrats-vote-by-mail-request?fbclid=IwAR2aVkoJlO5F4y_S1Z9s4giUbIW8vrMYY8GkX_Zm0iTlvsNP13ajii-Ps04

The damn SCOTUS is suppressing voters. 

Well, they're all-but-dismantling of the Voting Rights Act kicked off a huge movement of voter suppression in the South. So, not surprising if they do make decisions that suppress the vote. But this decision is more about the process than the merits.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Remember, Trump, his family and a lot of his staff use mail in voting.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/politics/president-trumps-campaign-files-federal-lawsuit-against-pennsylvania-over-mail-in-ballots/N25MNRLO7JBPJENF324ABYMGNM/?fbclid=IwAR31FZuJwr8cw6dcHr0C_MeysnGSa9iamER4XRsjL9Wq5zZcJnEKESoXCng

Quote:President Trump’s campaign files federal lawsuit against Pennsylvania over mail-in ballots

Updated: June 29, 2020 - 1:39 PM

PITTSBURGH — “Free and fair elections are essential to the right of Americans to choose through their vote whom they elect to represent them.” That’s the first line of a federal lawsuit filed against every county election office in Pennsylvania by the Republican National Committee, President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign, and Republican state representatives.

You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts for Decision 2020 news. CLICK HERE to find out how.

The lawsuit said “unmonitored by-mail voting is the single greatest threat to free and fair elections.” It said mail-in voting has already led to “the disenfranchisement of voters, questions about the accuracy of election results, and ultimately chaos heading into the upcoming November 3, 2020 General Election.” The suit said mail-in voting allows widespread election fraud.

Allegheny County is specifically named in the lawsuit due to issues where some people were sent multiple ballots because of a glitch in the state’s system. The suit also mentions former Rep. Austin Murphy being indicted and convicted in Fayette County for forging absentee ballots for residents of a nursing home. The former police chief of Harmar Township, Richard Toney, is also named in the lawsuit. Toney pleaded guilty in 2014 to illegally soliciting absentee ballots to benefit his wife in a town council election.

>>>RELATED: Allegheny Co. man says he received two mail-in ballots for June primary

The lawsuit alleges parts of the state arbitrarily stopped and started counting ballots, chose random locations where ballots could be returned before to the June 2 primary, and many of those locations did not have poll workers present.

“Election integrity should not be a partisan issue, yet Democrats are consistently trying to cheat and manipulate election rules to undermine safeguards and security around the November election. President Trump is firmly committed to ensuring that every eligible person has the opportunity to vote once and that Americans’ votes are not diluted by fraud in new systems Democrats are trying to hastily push on the American people,” said Jenna Ellis, senior legal adviser to Donald J. Trump President, Inc., in a news release.

CLICK HERE to read the lawsuit for yourself.

Just like in his private life Trump uses the courts to try and get his way and to tie up things until he can sneak away.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-23-2020, 08:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This KY voting is very interesting. Of course more to follow but it appears those that think the poor are surppressed by voting in person may be surprised.

As I forecasted:
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/amy-mcgrath-wins-kentucky-senate-primary-2020-163052060.html
Quote:Booker’s late surge in the race pushed him to the lead among Kentuckians who cast ballots in person on Election Day. He won those voters by 65 percentage points in Louisville and 50 points in Lexington, the state’s two largest cities. But McGrath’s advantage with mail-in votes, which made up roughly three-quarters of the ballots cast in the race, earned her the victory. Booker’s final margin of victory in Lexington, for example, shrank to roughly 6 percentage points, and absentee ballots swung many of Kentucky’s rural counties sharply in McGrath’s favor.

So he questioned the Mail-in process:
Quote:“Our campaign has heard from voters across the state who had trouble making their voices heard, and their votes counted,” Booker said in a statement that highlighted confusion among voters about whether their mailed-in ballots had been received and whether there had been problems with those ballots that rendered them unintentionally invalid.

As I've asserted: Increase polling stations instead of increasing mail in voting.  

(06-30-2020, 09:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I forecasted:
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/amy-mcgrath-wins-kentucky-senate-primary-2020-163052060.html

As I've asserted: Increase polling stations instead of increasing mail in voting.  

Why can't we have both? It should be made as easy as possible for ELIGIBLE voters to VOTE! Guess how many cases of possible voter fraud in the 2016 election in Ohio? 5,536,528 voted in Ohio for their choice for president and only 52 cases of possible voter fraud was found.

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2017/05/52_cases_of_possible_voter_fra.html
(06-30-2020, 10:03 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Why can't we have both? It should be made as easy as possible for ELIGIBLE voters to VOTE! Guess how many cases of possible voter fraud in the 2016 election in Ohio? 5,536,528 voted in Ohio for their choice for president and only 52 cases of possible voter fraud was found.

Exactly.  

Can't we just do neither?
(06-30-2020, 10:03 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Why can't we have both? It should be made as easy as possible for ELIGIBLE voters to VOTE! Guess how many cases of possible voter fraud in the 2016 election in Ohio? 5,536,528 voted in Ohio for their choice for president and only 52 cases of possible voter fraud was found.

I showed why not both. Mass mail in takes away from those that energize late in the cycle. As I've said: I believe in Election Day. 

We should make it as easy to vote on Election Day and provide an alternative for those that cannot as opposed to those that don't want to. 

I completely disagree with your analysis.

The rural counties are the generally the poorest.  The MAIL IN VOTES from the rural counties (then poor) won the election for McGrath.  without the mail in vote the voice of the poor would not have been heard.
(06-30-2020, 11:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I showed why not both. Mass mail in takes away from those that energize late in the cycle.

That is just not true.

I have not heard mobs of people complaining because they changed their mind after casting a mail in vote.

Votes count the exact same no matter when they are cast, and there is ZERO evidence that the outcome would be changed by people changing their mind.
(06-30-2020, 11:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is just not true.

I have not heard mobs of people complaining because they changed their mind after casting a mail in vote.

Votes count the exact same no matter when they are cast, and there is ZERO evidence that the outcome would be changed by people changing their mind.

Of course we haven't had mobs of folks authorized to mail in in the past. 

We'll just agree to disagree if you think the results of this race would have been unchanged without mail in. 

(06-30-2020, 11:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I showed why not both. Mass mail in takes away from those that energize late in the cycle. As I've said: I believe in Election Day. 

We should make it as easy to vote on Election Day and provide an alternative for those that cannot as opposed to those that don't want to. 

Why do you oppose mail in voting for everyone that wants vote that way? This year especially when were faced with the Covid-19 virus. I know in Ohio we can request a mail in ballot, vote at the polls on election day, and even vote early in person at our county board of elections. I provided a link that shows voter fraud is nearly nil in Ohio, so what's the beef? If someone votes early and get"energized" later by a different candidate that's on them. It's no different than someone going to the polls on election day and casting their vote and then a week or two later saying" Ya know what? I wished I voted for the other candidate now! I want a do over!" I say tough cookies. I believe in making it as easy as possible for the voters voice to be heard, you believe in having those that can get to the polls show up and vote in person on election day and that's ok. If you prefer to vote that way fine, I believe people should have a choice, more freedom is good IMO.
(06-30-2020, 11:36 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Why do you oppose mail in voting for everyone that wants vote that way? This year especially when were faced with the Covid-19 virus. I know in Ohio we can request a mail in ballot, vote at the polls on election day, and even vote early in person at our county board of elections. I provided a link that shows voter fraud is nearly nil in Ohio, so what's the beef? If someone votes early and get"energized" later by a different candidate that's on them. It's no different than someone going to the polls on election day and casting their vote and then a week or two later saying" Ya know what? I wished I voted for the other candidate now! I want a do over!" I say tough cookies. I believe in making it as easy as possible for the voters voice to be heard, you believe in having those that can get to the polls show up and vote in person on election day and that's ok. If you prefer to vote that way fine, I believe people should have a choice, more freedom is good IMO.

This year is unique and I have 0 issue with allowing folks to mail in. That does not change my assertion that more polling stations should be the focus over mail in. 

(06-30-2020, 11:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This year is unique and I have 0 issue with allowing folks to mail in. That does not change my assertion that more polling stations should be the focus over mail in. 

I have always voted in person and plan on doing so again in November. I have always had the luxury to do so in most cases, but I have a brother that constantly works 12 hour days and sometimes pulls a double, meaning 16 hour days so he may not feel like making time to vote between 6am and 7:30 pm on election day. The only time I wished that I voted early or mailed in a ballot was the Nov.3rd 2004 election. I was at Jewish hospital in Kenwood for two days straight as a close family member was dying from stage 4 renal cell cancer and I didn't want to leave her side. I did run home, jumped in the shower and got in line at my polling place at 6am, had to wait about 20 minutes in line, voted, and high tailed it back to the hospital where my loved one later died around 8pm that night. Maybe if we made election day a holiday and everyone had that day off I could come around to your point of view somewhat.
(06-30-2020, 11:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This year is unique and I have 0 issue with allowing folks to mail in. That does not change my assertion that more polling stations should be the focus over mail in. 

And that would be a great idea too.  Unfortunately for quite a few years and with the support of the SC many states have decided to REDUCE the number of polling stations in, shall we say, very specific areas.  That makes the ability to have mail in voting even more important.  Which is probably why those same states are fighting it tooth and nail.
(06-30-2020, 11:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course we haven't had mobs of folks authorized to mail in in the past. 

But we just had it this year and no one complained.

(06-30-2020, 11:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We'll just agree to disagree if you think the results of this race would have been unchanged without mail in. 

Sure, you are entitlked to your opinion.  I was just pointing out that there is absolutely zero evidence to support your position.
(06-30-2020, 11:36 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Why do you oppose mail in voting for everyone that wants vote that way? This year especially when were faced with the Covid-19 virus. I know in Ohio we can request a mail in ballot, vote at the polls on election day, and even vote early in person at our county board of elections. I provided a link that shows voter fraud is nearly nil in Ohio, so what's the beef? If someone votes early and get"energized" later by a different candidate that's on them. It's no different than someone going to the polls on election day and casting their vote and then a week or two later saying" Ya know what? I wished I voted for the other candidate now! I want a do over!" I say tough cookies. I believe in making it as easy as possible for the voters voice to be heard, you believe in having those that can get to the polls show up and vote in person on election day and that's ok. If you prefer to vote that way fine, I believe people should have a choice, more freedom is good IMO.

AMERICA! **** YEAH!

NSFW theme song . . .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U1mlCPMYtPk

Just play the song while reading this.

Perfection.