Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mail in voting
(06-16-2020, 04:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We can all tell by the way you NEVER SUPPORT TRUMP.

Hilarious LMAO LOL

I mean since you say it it must be true, right?

Rolleyes

Perhaps another registered voter from KY can explain why. Or you can just continue to look like an ass. 

Actually I'm good with the latter. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-16-2020, 11:37 AM)Benton Wrote: Bfine also makes huge assumptions.

Nobody holds either against bfine.

bfine is much older

bfine prefaced his huge assumption with "I don't think"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-16-2020, 05:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: bfine is much older

bfine prefaced his huge assumption with "I don't think"

[Image: b5f12790717a79db3dcb09cb2e1bb5d0.jpg]

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-16-2020, 04:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Belsnickel is 34.

Belsnickel has never been a registered member of any party because Virginia is an open primary state and we don't register with a party.

Belsnickel has never voted for a winner in an election beyond the local level (and this include primaries). LOL

I wish Kentucky was an open primary state. I started registered as a republican, even though most of my local offices only had Dem candidates. Which was ok, most of the local races were just high school popularity contests. And I was good with it because I think we tend to do better with a Dem Congress and republican president, so at least I'd get a chance to pick that.

The last 16ish years have been a drought though.
(06-15-2020, 01:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You mean when he lied about what I said when replying to someone else that had nothing to do with me?

So out of all that I wrote you want to focus on you being the victim. Not the topic. Okay. Well, he didn’t lie about what you wrote.

Quote:Is that when I started it?

It started when you started the name calling.

Quote:When he stated I called Americans too lazy and we don't need mail in voting. And then that one dude added "That's basically what you said",

How many pages did you claim Trump didn’t literally say windmills cause cancer when others claimed he “basically” said it? Only to turn right around and claim Biden “basically” said something despite not literally saying what you claimed.

So despite your many attempts to pretend ignorance you inadvertently proved you understand English.

Claiming Americans won’t walk around the corner to vote because it is too inconvenient is not only hyperbolic, but clearly implies Americans are indeed lazy. Because less than 1% of voters live a block away from a polling station and walking around a block isn’t inconvenient, but rather lazy. So you “basically” said Americans are lazy the same way you claimed Biden “basically” said whatever it was you claimed.

What’s more I know that you know that we all know you understand. So who do you think you’re fooling with the BS?

Quote:Seems the conversation was pretty constructive up to that point.

That’s not true at all. You’ve already admitted you understand the need for mail in ballots, but have insisted upon a Skip Bayless-esqe argument of asking why mail in ballots are needed (even though you already know.) Then argue against them based upon convenience. That’s silly, not constructive.

Quote:If folks think mail in voting is the way to go then fine. Just shared my $0.02 on the matter, but folks feel compelled to lie about what I said because they disagreed with the stance.

Not playing the victim card, just pointing out a fact in this forum. 

You’re definitely playing the victim card. Just look at the one thing you chose to focus on from my reply.
(06-15-2020, 01:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems like a huge undertaking to make it the system everyone uses. Folks have to prove they need a handicapped parking sticker. Should we just give those to everyone who wants one because it's no one's business? 

So too inconvenient? In that case, let’s not do it if it’s too inconvenient and might require a sacrifice. How quickly your tune changed. LMFAO

Well, since voting is a civic duty just think of all that patriotism you’ll feel when people sacrifice to overcome a huge undertaking. Oh, god this is hilarious.
(06-15-2020, 03:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems Benton did as he gave the exact same reasoning as I.

I've given my reasoning. I feel it's your civic duty to vote, not just something you'll do if it's convenient enough. You're free to disagree with the point if you wish, I just think if you can go vote then do so and save the mail in process for those that need it. 

To me there's some merit in finding something you're willing to sacrifice for to be a little more precious. I feel an American vote is precious. 

There's also something to be said about the sense of Patriotism you feel seeing your fellow man stand inline to make his/her voice heard. 

You’re not saving a mail in vote for someone else who needs it by voting in person. That’s just silly.
I don't see what the big deal is about mail in.

If you routinely vote and know there will be a long line or unable to get to a polling booth, then snail it in. 

I have never mailed one in. Maybe I'm just lucky, Typically takes me longer to park and walk in than to show my id, get my form and get in booth. So i have zero issues sacrificing 30 minutes of my time to exercise my right to vote. 

However, I am a big fan of showing your id to vote in person amd I believe everyone should. People keep claiming its hampering minorities, but I've never met a person that didn't have a valid ID (unless DL suspended). Cash check places and banks require an ID so most people will have one anyways. Makes no sense to me why that one is so heavily argued against.
(06-15-2020, 05:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You should be forced to follow rules to exercise your freedom of speech. 

Even a parody site such as The Onion could write something that funny.
This will go well.   Mellow

But hey, gotta make those voters sacrifice a little, right?

(06-20-2020, 10:26 AM)GMDino Wrote: This will go well.   Mellow

But hey, gotta make those voters sacrifice a little, right?

Are you calling this voter suppression? Jefferson County isn't the ONLY county affected by this move. 

This will be happening all over in many states for this year. The c-virus is still going strong and the Gov is responsible for protecting its citizens. It does suck for voting, but these are unusual times so drastic measures have to be taken. Now if once things have gone back to normal and it remains the same, then we can talk about it.
(06-22-2020, 05:31 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Are you calling this voter suppression? Jefferson County isn't the ONLY county affected by this move. 

This will be happening all over in many states for this year. The c-virus is still going strong and the Gov is responsible for protecting its citizens. It does suck for voting, but these are unusual times so drastic measures have to be taken. Now if once things have gone back to normal and it remains the same, then we can talk about it.

Yes. I calling reducing a district with over 600,000 voters to one polling station voter suppression.  Perhaps I should wait until after the election when we see how long it took to vote and when the state says they won't leave the station open longer because "rules"?

Please...lol.
(06-22-2020, 05:31 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Are you calling this voter suppression? Jefferson County isn't the ONLY county affected by this move. 

And let me add that the GOP is fighting mail in voting saying people can stand in line gosh darn it because who cares about Covid!

So yeah, this is targeted.
Neo-cons - If everyone can vote we won't win. Should we try to appeal to more voters or do all we can to suppress democracy?

All we need to do is point out how making voting more convenient is evil and devious and will be the end of the world. Perfect.
(06-22-2020, 05:31 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Are you calling this voter suppression? Jefferson County isn't the ONLY county affected by this move. 

I don’t understand your Covid 19 argument. Decreasing polling places from 3700 to 200 concentrates voters in fewer locations increasing wait times which increases the likelihood of exposure, but also makes it more difficult to cast a vote.
(06-22-2020, 11:38 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I don’t understand your Covid 19 argument. Decreasing polling places from 3700 to 200 concentrates voters in fewer locations increasing wait times which increases the likelihood of exposure, but also makes it more difficult to cast a vote.

Making people crowd fewer places and stand in line for hours will do that, yes.  Neo Cons may as well warn that Bigfoot is going to show up and vaporize us if we allow mail in voting.  

Once again the party that waves the flag around and preaches the glory of sweet sweet freedom is begging the federal government to oppress us "for our own good."
(06-22-2020, 11:38 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I don’t understand your Covid 19 argument. Decreasing polling places from 3700 to 200 concentrates voters in fewer locations increasing wait times which increases the likelihood of exposure, but also makes it more difficult to cast a vote.

(06-22-2020, 12:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Making people crowd fewer places and stand in line for hours will do that, yes.  Neo Cons may as well warn that Bigfoot is going to show up and vaporize us if we allow mail in voting.  

Once again the party that waves the flag around and preaches the glory of sweet sweet freedom is begging the federal government to oppress us "for our own good."

Covid is very important when it comes to closing polling places...but not so important when you want to use mail in voting or have a "huge" rally.
(06-22-2020, 12:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: Covid is very important when it comes to closing polling places...but not so important when you want to use mail in voting or have a "huge" rally.

Our entire basis of democracy has to suffer because we need our asshole celebrity president who appeals to less and less people to win at all costs.  This isnt a slap in the face of people who fought and died for our freedom, how?
(06-22-2020, 01:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Our entire basis of democracy has to suffer because we need our asshole celebrity president who appeals to less and less people to win at all costs.  This isnt a slap in the face of people who fought and died for our freedom, how?

No one is kneeling?  Mellow
(06-22-2020, 01:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: No one is kneeling?  Mellow

Well that's why someone like Trump equates loving this country with a simple token gesture and nothing else.  I love America and dead veterans love me because I stand for the anthem and dismantle democracy and limit freedom and let my friends poison the land you fought for for their own gains. 

Feh.