Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mlb draft
(06-07-2018, 12:08 AM)tBengal Wrote: I could see India flying through the minors. He's that type of player IMO(watched Florida a ton this year). I also like the Spillane pick. His numbers are insane.

Spillane is a guy that really excites me. We could see him as a 20 to 30 HR hitter easy (pre juiced ball. Who knows what the upper limits are now). 

Problem is he strikes out at an insane level. I believe his strike out percentage in college this year was 25.5%? That is just...astronomically high for a college player who is being looked at to contribute in the majors. He still has some room to grow, but that's a little worrying.

I see India as a similar prospect to Senzel. I could see them starting him (in earnest) in Dayton and advancing him, on average, 1.5 levels per year. They may throw him over to Billings to warm up for a few games, but I don't think he needs to stay there long. There's a chance they'd just skip Dayton and start him off in Daytona, but I'm not sure. Not even Senzel did that.

I would say mid 2020 is when we'll start seeing the first signs of him in the majors (assuming he progresses that way). Especially if we're still "rebuilding" by then, they wouldn't want to waste his eligibility too quickly.
Reply/Quote