Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mock draft 6 rounds with comps
No way this actually happens in the nfl draft especially the 2 buckeyes falling that far but here goes. Sorry didnt know how to upload it

R1p10. Mike williams wr clemson.
R2p10. Raquan mcmillan lb osu
R3p10. Pat elflien c osu
R4p10. Demarcus walker edge fsu
R4p32. Chad kelly qb mississipi state
R5p10. Ejuan price edge pitt
R5p33. Ben boulware lb clemson
R6p10. Chris godwin wr penn state
R6p33. Kevin king cb washington
R6p38. Jake elliot k memphis
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 02:52 AM)Jpoore Wrote: No way this actually happens in the nfl draft especially the 2 buckeyes falling that far but here goes. Sorry didnt know how to upload it

R1p10. Mike williams wr clemson.
R2p10. Raquan mcmillan lb osu
R3p10. Pat elflien c osu
R4p10. Demarcus walker edge fsu
R4p32. Chad kelly qb mississipi state
R5p10. Ejuan price edge pitt
R5p33. Ben boulware lb clemson
R6p10. Chris godwin wr penn state
R6p33. Kevin king cb washington
R6p38. Jake elliot k memphis

This would be a great draft.  Walker falling to the 4th would be a surprise, but every year you see guys tumble unexpectedly, like Billings last year.  I could definitely see McMillan falling to the 2nd since MLB isn't really a premium position.  Another bad performance like the one against Michigan by Elflein in the playoffs, and he could easily drop into the 3rd.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 06:23 PM)Whatever Wrote: This would be a great draft.  Walker falling to the 4th would be a surprise, but every year you see guys tumble unexpectedly, like Billings last year.  I could definitely see McMillan falling to the 2nd since MLB isn't really a premium position.  Another bad performance like the one against Michigan by Elflein in the playoffs, and he could easily drop into the 3rd.

Well he's also playing with horrible oline but yeah I see what ur saying if we got this this would be a great new core to build around
Reply/Quote
I could live with this draft especially with the Walker and price picks. Not crazy about the LBers though.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 12:44 AM)J24 Wrote: I could live with this draft especially with the Walker and price picks. Not crazy about the LBers though.

I LOVE the mcmillan pick i mean i think he is amazing i am biased as i have seen osu the most but he stood out to me even playing next to darron lee hea just so smart and has great instincts and has the speed to stay with the tight ends. But i am not crazy about boulware though. I do love where we got goodwin though. And getting walker in 4th wowould be huge.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 01:58 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I LOVE the mcmillan pick i mean i think he is amazing i am biased as i have seen osu the most but he stood out to me even playing next to darron lee hea just so smart and has great instincts and has the speed to stay with the tight ends. But i am not crazy about boulware though. I do love where we got goodwin though. And getting walker in 4th wowould be huge.

I think you are going to be surprised come draft day.  Most of the stuff that I am seeing/reading says that most NFL personnel guys view McMillan as a guy that they are going to have to take off the field on 3rd downs because he can't cover well enough.

I don't think we will take a LB early in the draft (Rounds 1-2) unless Foster is the pick,
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 01:17 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think you are going to be surprised come draft day.  Most of the stuff that I am seeing/reading says that most NFL personnel guys view McMillan as a guy that they are going to have to take off the field on 3rd downs because he can't cover well enough.

I don't think we will take a LB early in the draft (Rounds 1-2) unless Foster is the pick,

Sadly, he would still probably be our best cover LB, lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 01:20 AM)Whatever Wrote: Sadly, he would still probably be our best cover LB, lol.

Very possible.  I honestly think you will see Vigil a lot in the nickel next year.  This team has a long history of using middle to late round picks in coverage LB roles.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 01:17 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think you are going to be surprised come draft day.  Most of the stuff that I am seeing/reading says that most NFL personnel guys view McMillan as a guy that they are going to have to take off the field on 3rd downs because he can't cover well enough.

I have seen that but I disagree Well I think we will see him rocket up draft boards along with elflien as I have been saying for the last 2 weeks for 2 reasons. McMillan will rocket up bc he will most likely be covering oj Howard and legget. If he shuts them down he goes from a early second to late first. And elflien if he plays great he'll go from late first to mid first. But I honestly do believe he can shut them down. Thinking he will be the wjiii who shoots up draft boards late. I like him in coverage more than any other lber in the draft but we will see. If we don't take lber who do u see us taking?
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 01:20 AM)Whatever Wrote: Sadly, he would still probably be our best cover LB, lol.

Probably that's had always been our Achilles heel in our defenses of late.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 05:21 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I have seen that but I disagree Well I think we will see him rocket up draft boards along with elflien as I have been saying for the last 2 weeks for 2 reasons. McMillan will rocket up bc he will most likely be covering oj Howard and legget. If he shuts them down he goes from a early second to late first. And elflien if he plays great he'll go from late first to mid first. But I honestly do believe he can shut them down. Thinking he will be the wjiii who shoots up draft boards late. I like him in coverage more than any other lber in the draft but we will see. If we don't take lber who do u see us taking?

I honestly don't think this team places a priority on LBs.  I could see a 3rd round LB, but unless Foster is the pick at #8 (where I'm guessing we pick), I think you will be waiting for awhile.

Who do I think we will pick?  It's a little early in the process, but I don't think we take the following:

OT - none worth the pick
OG
C
TE
LB
CB

I could see us going D-line, Edge, WR and RB.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 12:44 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I honestly don't think this team places a priority on LBs.  I could see a 3rd round LB, but unless Foster is the pick at #8 (where I'm guessing we pick), I think you will be waiting for awhile.

Who do I think we will pick?  It's a little early in the process, but I don't think we take the following:

OT - none worth the pick
OG
C
TE
LB
CB

If I had to guess, I would say we go DE in 2, simply because there are a lot of good ones that are falling into that late 1st-early 2nd range, like Harris, Charlton, Walker, and McKinley.  Hunt is a FA and MJ sucked this year, so it makes sense.  

I'm ok with McMillan in the second, because we do need help there and nxt year is a contract year for Burfict iirc.  How high they go for a LB may be telling on his future.  Personally, there are some good LB's in FA, and I would prefer to get one, there.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 12:44 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I honestly don't think this team places a priority on LBs.  I could see a 3rd round LB, but unless Foster is the pick at #8 (where I'm guessing we pick), I think you will be waiting for awhile.

OT - none worth the pick
OG
C
TE
LB
CB

Depends on the year. 

2008 - Keith Rivers - 9th overall
2005 - Odell Thurman - 48th overall
1998 - Takeo Spikes 13th overall and Brian Simmons 17th overall
1997 - Reinard Wilson - 14th overall
1993- Steve Tovar - 59th overall
1991 - Alfred Williams 18th overall
1990 - James Francis 12th overall

Not a consistent pattern, but shows they're not opposed to taking the position high.  Just depends on what they think of the backers.  Their best haul for non edge rushing backers was Spikes and Simmons.  They've been pretty well burned since then by either substance abuse (Thurman) or overall mediocrity (Rivers) - especially at the 9th overall pick.

I don't think Foster will be there.  I think they'll pick either Barnett or Cam Robinson.  They need the edge rusher and neither Ogbuehi nor Fisher has inspired any confidence...  They might also pull the trigger on Mike Williams.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 02:40 PM)3wt Wrote: Depends on the year. 

Not a consistent pattern, but shows they're not opposed to taking the position high.  Just depends on what they think of the backers.  Their best haul for non edge rushing backers was Spikes and Simmons.  They've been pretty well burned since then by either substance abuse (Thurman) or overall mediocrity (Rivers) - especially at the 9th overall pick.

I don't think Foster will be there.  I think they'll pick either Barnett or Cam Robinson.  They need the edge rusher and neither Ogbuehi nor Fisher has inspired any confidence...  They might also pull the trigger on Mike Williams.

They also played Pollack from the '05 draft at LB.  Maualuga should be on the list, as well.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 02:40 PM)3wt Wrote: Depends on the year. 

I probably worded it wrong - this team (our current coaches and scouts) don't place a priority (as in using a 1st rounder on a LB)

1998 was a different bird since we were running a 3-4 and had zero linebacking help up the middle.
Reply/Quote
If you're gonna draft a WR in the first, I'd draft Curtis Samuel out of Ohio State. Best hands in the draft and runs a 3.9 flat.  Probably need to trade up to get him. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 05:59 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If you're gonna draft a WR in the first, I'd draft Curtis Samuel out of Ohio State. Best hands in the draft and runs a 3.9 flat.  Probably need to trade up to get him. 

Curtis Samuel is expected as a 3rd rounder around range of Braxton miller Mike Williams is the way to go 
Reply/Quote
Ok JPoore!
On to the draft!
Reply/Quote