Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more player drama
Hell I'm cool with it. I'm finally joining the bandwagon on wanting to get rid of Taylor.

Talks a good game but there was no excuse for not fixing the line or coming up with adjustments to protect Burrow.

We lose these next couple and his seat better be on FIYA
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
He’ll still start as slot right? I don’t get it either. He’s also logged 70% of the total d snaps so far. If anyone can ***** and moan about PT it’s Williams
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The players know what's going on as well as anyone. They know what a real NFL caliber HC looks like. They know as well as anyone which executive regime has the longest playoff win drought out of 32 teams. Whether or not you agree that this is right or wrong on their part, it's an expression of a very relatable sentiment. When a group of people's health and livelihoods are on the line, emotions are going to run hot. 
Reply/Quote
While this may or may not be a bad look for Taylor, it is certainly a bad look for Phillips. I have never been a fan of players taking what should be an internal discussion and making it public via social media or interviews. It shows a real lack of maturity from the player. Take Dunlap for example, he went off and very quickly realized it was the wrong move and apologized and kinda back tracked. Hopefully someone pulls Phillips aside and tells him he was out of line.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
This is all lame considering pff just gave us a top 10 defensive ranking and thats after we already played the Ravens. I dont see this on coaches. The older players on the team are going to have to learn that their time is not going to be what it was under Marvin, who used to get smack talked for sticking with vets too long and not mixing up the lineup.

Shawn Williams missed more tackles than anyone in the NFL last year, and is coming off injury, he is the last person who should be talking.

How is this Taylor's fault lol? Or Lou's? He benched Dunlap last week and we played our best game against a high powered ground game in a very long time. I think Lou gets the call here. Phillips and Williams are being babies
Reply/Quote
As fans we might all be frustrated with the coaches, but that's not relevant to this particular situation.

As upset as they are, the professional thing to do is to keep it in house. They can go to their coaches and plead their case if they want. Hell, they can go to the other players they just publicly said aren't as good as them, and say it.

But you DO NOT take it public. It just creates more external distractions that the team doesn't need right now (or ever).
Reply/Quote
I loled when John Ross retweeted it.

But there's probably some truth to Taylor losing the locker room. Everyone from vets to youngsters are making grievances known publicly.

I would've shrugged it off if it stayed with players knee-deep in the Marvin era, but it's extending to players that weren't around as long either.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 03:23 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Publicly calling out your coaches is a no-no. Just leads to more "Zac is losing the locker room" drama. 

If Zac hasn’t lost the locker room, he’s close to it. Even bumbling Adam Gase has more wins in the last two years. Zac is just not an NFL head coach. He road McVay’s coattails to a job that he didn’t deserve. His other coaching stints were not impressive, including his OC gig at UC. Zac’s lack of pull resulted in a thoroughly underwhelming coaching staff. It’s hard to overcome a bad front office and poor coaching. Having a bottom three o-line is not helping. It would be nice to see a no-nonsense type like Zimmer or Bienemy get the next shot.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 04:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: This. 

We didn't see these issues go public this much in the worse of times under Marvin. 

Really do you remember chad and Owen's show 
Reply/Quote
How long until one of these guys calls out Zack for being the bumb he is? This is getting embarrassing. The locker room is a mess...
Reply/Quote
I dont like Taylor for other reasons,like hiring turner and sticking with the same o line,and I'm not a fan of his play calling. But I do like that taylor dont care that you are a vet. Hes not afraid to start someone else. Everyone except the o line.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 09:20 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I loled when John Ross retweeted it.

But there's probably some truth to Taylor losing the locker room. Everyone from vets to youngsters are making grievances known publicly.

I would've shrugged it off if it stayed with players knee-deep in the Marvin era, but it's extending to players that weren't around as long either.

I root for ross,and he should look better then he is. I think one problem is not getting him involved and giving him targets. If you ain't going to him all game long it looks like he starts going through the motions like he ain't getting throwed too anyway. Plus he dont have good hands. But I'd like to see him get another chance sunday with tate out. I feel like tate didnt hardly do anything either. On paper I dont see how any defense can stop green,boyd ,ross , tee higgins, mixon ,bernard
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 12:05 AM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: I root for ross,and he should look better then he is. I think one problem is not getting him involved and giving him targets. If you ain't going to him all game long it looks like he starts going through the motions like he ain't getting throwed too anyway. Plus he dont have good hands. But I'd like to see him get another chance sunday with tate out. I feel like tate didnt hardly do anything either. On paper I dont see how any defense can stop green,boyd ,ross , tee higgins, mixon ,bernard

If you look closely at that paper, you’ll see names like Jordan, Johnson, Redmond and Hart. Those guys on paper and on the field hold the entire O back.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 12:10 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If you look closely at that paper, you’ll see names like Jordan, Johnson, Redmond and Hart. Those guys on paper and on the field hold the entire O back.

What do you think bill belichick would do with this o line? Hed be mixing it up and finding other guys and hed get it looking good. I cant even tell you new Englands line right now. He takes low round guys and makes them a good unit. 
Reply/Quote
I don’t like Taylor as a coach but I give him credit for benching vets when needed , people always cried when Marvin wouldn’t bench vets. People got all butt hurt because he benched Dalton on his birthday. Finley sucked but at least he took the chance to find out if he could play we had seen 9 years of Dalton and the season was going nowhere. Lawson was outplaying Dunlap so they benched Dunlap, I don’t like they way it supposedly happened but it was the right move. Shawn Williams sucked last year missed way too many tackles so he got replaced , just have no idea why they kept him. Green skills have declined and that’s why he is pissed. Phillips played good vs. Baltimore I doubt there not gonna play him. The defense also played well vs Baltimore Shawn Williams acting like if he started we woulda won the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 03:14 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Ugh. You hate to see it. I don't like to be Mr. Negative around here, but no way this doesn't get posted eventually so here it is.

Pro athletes routinely overrated themselves, as are these two, and I wish they'd stfu.

Edit: By "these two" I mean Phillips and Shawn Williams, who tweeted "or mine" right below.

To be fair, the Bengals do waste talent often. Here is a short list of recent examples:

DeDe Dorsey
Ryan Hewitt
Rex Burkhead
Giovanni Bernard (he could have been so much more...)
Reply/Quote
Green, Dunlap, Phillips, Williams, Pratt, Ross.... if it were just 1 or 2 guys I would probably be able to ignore it, but this seems to be a little too much smoke for there to be no fire.

I think a big part of the problem is the Bengals let go of all their locker room leadership/stabilizers. Whitworth, Dalton, Peko, Nelson, MJ, etc. Don't get me wrong, most of them were understandable moves or even needed moves, but they never later managed to fill in those voids. Combine that with poor coaches with bad results, and it's not a particularly good recipe.

Heck, just look at the 2020 Captains. Out of the 7 you have 3 guys who weren't with the Bengals in 2019 and 2 guys who are currently part of the malcontent (Green, Williams).

Stronger player leadership, better coaches, or better results. Any one of the three would probably prevent (or at least tamper) this happening. The Bengals have seemingly none of the three.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 01:15 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I don’t like Taylor as a coach but I give him credit for benching vets when needed , people always cried when Marvin wouldn’t bench vets. People got all butt hurt because he benched Dalton on his birthday. Finley sucked but at least he took the chance to find out if he could play we had seen 9 years of Dalton and the season was going nowhere. Lawson was outplaying Dunlap so they benched Dunlap, I don’t like they way it supposedly  happened but it was the right move. Shawn Williams sucked last year missed way too many tackles so he got replaced , just have no idea why they kept him. Green skills have declined and that’s why he is pissed. Phillips played good vs. Baltimore I doubt there not gonna play him. The defense also played well vs Baltimore Shawn Williams acting like if he started we woulda won the game.

Ironic that Taylor hasnt benched Bobby Hart or Michael Jordan yet.
Those 2'have performed as poorly as some of these vets that ZT has benched.
You have to.be consistant across the board when.sit guys down. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 04:46 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Ironic that Taylor hasnt benched Bobby Hart or Michael Jordan yet.
Those 2'have performed as poorly as some of these vets that ZT has benched.
You have to.be consistant across the board when.sit guys down. 

Who would they get instead of Bobby Hart?
Reply/Quote
I don't wanna be that guy who stops watching because a player did or said something he didn't agree with but I find it kind of egregious that there are people who make millions that are upset that they are losing at a game, the overvaluation of entertainers doesn't sit right with me in this world but maybe the long-term concussion risk kind of justifies it. I still think no money can make living with multiple concussions/CTE worth it.
Look, I played sports and understand the drive to win, but you could put me on the 0-26 Bucs and I'd be fine if I was making Lev Bell money. Maybe that's just me though.
Reply/Quote