Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more player drama
(10-17-2020, 03:21 AM)nichevonsic Wrote: To be fair, the Bengals do waste talent often. Here is a short list of recent examples:

DeDe Dorsey
Ryan Hewitt
Rex Burkhead
Giovanni Bernard (he could have been so much more...)

DeDe Dorsey- Wasn't wasted at all and was given plenty of opportunity; got hurt EVERY SINGLE TIME and the only place he had sustained success was the UFL, when it was the 1 year he wasn't hurt.
Ryan Hewitt- How was his, "talent," wasted? He was used as a FB and to catch passes here and there; he was never better than any other TE on the team and he did dick all after leaving us, is now out of the league.
Rex Burkhead- We used Rex perfectly-fine in 2014/15/16; how much does your 3rd RB get used in the first place? When you have Jeremy Hill leading the league in TDs, Gio-van being the best pass-protecting RB in the game, how many snaps can you afford for your HB3?
Giovanni Bernard (he could have been so much more...)- TF? He's still with the team and is still doing productive things.

If you want to point out SOMEONE we wasted, you have to go back to the 2007 draft, in Matt Teoania; that's the only guy who actually did something after moving on from us, who didn't show what he was capable of in a full season with us.

A post so out of touch with reality...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Classic example of selfishness.They need to shut up and make a commitment to be better every game and be good examples to their teammates.This team has enough problems without these players adding to it.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 04:46 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Ironic that Taylor hasnt benched Bobby Hart or Michael Jordan yet.
Those 2'have performed as poorly as some of these vets that ZT has benched.
You have to.be consistant across the board when.sit guys down. 

They have no better options unfortunately. Who would you rather see play ? Price blows , we saw the Fred Johnson experiment which was a train wreck. There trying Redmond at Rg , XFS is hurt. The only guy they haven’t tried at O-line is Adeniji probably because he’s a 6th round rookie who isn’t good enough to start.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 10:00 AM)lone bengal Wrote: They have no better options unfortunately. Who would you rather see play ? Price blows , we saw the Fred Johnson experiment which was a train wreck. There trying Redmond at Rg , XFS is hurt. The only guy they haven’t tried at O-line is Adeniji probably because he’s a 6th round rookie who isn’t good enough to start.

I still think Fred is more-suited to T and not G; I think as fans, we want to see Fred get 1 shot at RT and Hart is blocking him from doing so, despite being a horrible pass-blocker (which is Fred's stronger suit).

I'm not hoping for an injury, but that looks to be the only way we will see this happen.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 01:15 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I don’t like Taylor as a coach but I give him credit for benching vets when needed , people always cried when Marvin wouldn’t bench vets. People got all butt hurt because he benched Dalton on his birthday. Finley sucked but at least he took the chance to find out if he could play we had seen 9 years of Dalton and the season was going nowhere. Lawson was outplaying Dunlap so they benched Dunlap, I don’t like they way it supposedly happened but it was the right move. Shawn Williams sucked last year missed way too many tackles so he got replaced , just have no idea why they kept him. Green skills have declined and that’s why he is pissed. Phillips played good vs. Baltimore I doubt there not gonna play him. The defense also played well vs Baltimore Shawn Williams acting like if he started we woulda won the game.

Here's the thing.... Zero wins at the bye last year? Bench the QB. What does doing that in a vacuum suggest? The QB is the problem. What did we see when this happened? The QB certainly wasn't THE problem. How could Taylor have done this better? If you're gonna bench Dalton then hand over at calling responsibilities to your OC... Also don't go back to Dalton once it's done. Zac was losing the locker room last year. That's why he reversed course there. Don't kid yourself.

William's missed a lot of tackles last year huh? He was also one of the better players on D. Vonn Bell hasn't exactly played all that well in his place. I believe I saw Bell rated as on of the worst
Players on that side of the ball.

To the OP.... All this is unprofessional, but if it helps can Taylor ***** away on the socials fellas. The players know he ain't shit.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
This is the best news all season. If Zac loses the respect of the players then hopefully we can kick him to the curb very soon. Hopefully they all start calling out the idiot and the brown family can no longer ignore the terrible coaching
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 10:00 AM)lone bengal Wrote: They have no better options unfortunately. Who would you rather see play ? Price blows , we saw the Fred Johnson experiment which was a train wreck. There trying Redmond at Rg , XFS is hurt. The only guy they haven’t tried at O-line is Adeniji probably because he’s a 6th round rookie who isn’t good enough to start.

They could have signed  Josh Kline. He would have been a upgrade over Redmond.
Reply/Quote
I don't like seeing Phillips getting pissy. I think we'll need him sooner than later. When it comes to re-signing Bates and Jackson, Alexander is likely to be the odd man out and Phillips should be able to slide into that role.

I'm happy with the play of Sims. I have zero problem with him getting to start if that's what's going on here.

As for Williams, he and his salary should be purged with the rest of the older Marvin-era holdovers.

Taylor does seem to have a tough time handling locker-room politics. He's not a fire-breathing Parcells type, but he's not all that good at being a player's coach, either. It doesn't seem to go well when he sends messages with his roster moves. I criticized Marvin for being a player's coach, but at least he was consistent with it. I have no idea what Taylor is as a playcalller philosophy-wise or as a locker-room manager.
Reply/Quote
Looks bad for everybody even if the Secondary has been decent, it has not been good enough and the coaching is terrible
especially on the O-line and the Play Calling under Taylor and Turner. Thought Turner would get shit fixed but I guess I was
wrong and Taylor is just bad man, have to win games in order to show you can, you know, actually win.

But Phillips has been a little worse than Sims, so he should just play better and not talk.

Social media blowz man. Yawn
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 09:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Looks bad for everybody even if the Secondary has been decent, it has not been good enough and the coaching is terrible
especially on the O-line and the Play Calling under Taylor and Turner. Thought Turner would get shit fixed but I guess I was
wrong and Taylor is just bad man, have to win games in order to show you can, you know, actually win.

But Phillips has been a little worse than Sims, so he should just play better and not talk.

Social media blowz man. Yawn

I agree! Ts, I commend Darius for calling out the most abysmal coaching staff that we've had to endure since David Shula. This staff sux and MB has no balls.
Reply/Quote
It's funny fans are commending Phillips for this when the coaching staff is holding him accountable. Isn't accountability something fans complained about for several years?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 02:04 AM)Synric Wrote: It's funny fans are commending Phillips for this when the coaching staff is holding him accountable. Isn't accountability something fans complained about for several years?

He was the highest ranked Bengals defender LAST WEEK!!!!! There's nothing funny about it. Truth is a painful son of a ....gun.

Yeah, let's hold him accountable for being the team's best defender against Baltimore.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 09:32 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: If you want to point out SOMEONE we wasted, you have to go back to the 2007 draft, in Matt Teoania; that's the only guy who actually did something after moving on from us, who didn't show what he was capable of in a full season with us.

Don't take this as me agreeing with the guy you quoted, but there admittedly is more than just Toeaina (interesting dug up name, though). I'm sure there's a list like this for all teams. From just players added to the Bengals in '10-'15...

Evan Mathis was wasted for 3 years here before going on to be a 2x Pro Bowl, 1x All-Pro, and a SB Winner.
Clinton McDonald did nothing in a year (2 solo tackles) with the Bengals and went on to have 3 different 5.0+ sack seasons at DT and won a SB.
Dan Skuta left and got a 5 sack season with the 49ers.
Margus Hunt was terrible here but had a 5 sack season with the Colts.
Cobi Hamilton couldn't record a catch here over a couple years but put up 1 thoroughly mediocre year for the Steelers.
Cedric Ogbuehi went from pure dumpster fire with the Bengals to mediocre last year. Enough that the Seahawks offered him 1yr/$2.3m.

No statistical backing for this what-so-ever, but I still think if they had made Taylor Mays a LB from the get-go, he would have been something.

(Really only Mathis was the big miss from that list. McDonald would have been a nice player to have around, too.)
- - - - - - - -

Earlier back a big one is, you can't help but look at 2004 30-year-old Corey Dillon and wonder what his career could have been like on a better team.

I do wonder if we'll look back and think of AJ Green in the same way 10-15 years from now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 09:32 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: DeDe Dorsey- Wasn't wasted at all and was given plenty of opportunity; got hurt EVERY SINGLE TIME and the only place he had sustained success was the UFL, when it was the 1 year he wasn't hurt.
Ryan Hewitt- How was his, "talent," wasted? He was used as a FB and to catch passes here and there; he was never better than any other TE on the team and he did dick all after leaving us, is now out of the league.
Rex Burkhead- We used Rex perfectly-fine in 2014/15/16; how much does your 3rd RB get used in the first place? When you have Jeremy Hill leading the league in TDs, Gio-van being the best pass-protecting RB in the game, how many snaps can you afford for your HB3?
Giovanni Bernard (he could have been so much more...)- TF? He's still with the team and is still doing productive things.

If you want to point out SOMEONE we wasted, you have to go back to the 2007 draft, in Matt Teoania; that's the only guy who actually did something after moving on from us, who didn't show what he was capable of in a full season with us.

A post so out of touch with reality...

Sorry, I guess I spent too much time having an actual life to be in touch with the "reality" of a sad NFL geek. But really: your obsession with a game played by pampered millionaires makes you so much smarter than the rest of us. I'd debate all your points, but: you are obviously so much smarter than the rest of us, so why should I bother? Except to say: keeping Rex Burkhead the HB3 may have been a waste of his talents...? You know, like, he could have been more important if he was higher up on the depth chart? And Gio has rushed the ball all of 4 times this year. Very productive. Maybe he could do more than less than one rush per game? Look up the word, "waste." You may be surprised. Basing your argument on defending Jeremy Hill, who had a half a season of productivity, really seals your genius. Good job. Feel good about yourself. Teach us more, o wise one. By the way: who is "us"? Do you think you are a part of the Bengals? Get a life, you water head. You hateful shit-filled piece of ugliness. Read a book. God forbid somebody should post a random thought. Thank you for putting me in my place. I think I'll go kill myself now, thanks to your wisdom. I obviously don't measure up to your high standards.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 02:52 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: He was the highest ranked Bengals defender LAST WEEK!!!!! There's nothing funny about it. Truth is a painful son of a ....gun.

Yeah, let's hold him accountable for being the team's best defender against Baltimore.

He was rated high by PFF against the Ravens because he did well rushing the passer with 7 attempts and 3 pressures but that is not something you normally see from your corners. This week Mackenzie Alexander will be back to take over the slot which means Phillips will have to go back to the boundary where he has struggled. Phillips is tied for first on the team in penalties and 1st in over all penalty yards.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Taylor seems to be the type that rather lose his way. Rather than having an open mind to try something different and respect others input and possibly win not his way. Which is a recipe for disaster in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 03:24 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't take this as me agreeing with the guy you quoted, but there admittedly is more than just Toeaina (interesting dug up name, though). I'm sure there's a list like this for all teams. From just players added to the Bengals in '10-'15...

Evan Mathis was wasted for 3 years here before going on to be a 2x Pro Bowl, 1x All-Pro, and a SB Winner.
Clinton McDonald did nothing in a year (2 solo tackles) with the Bengals and went on to have 3 different 5.0+ sack seasons at DT and won a SB.
Cobi Hamilton couldn't record a catch here over a couple years but put up 1 thoroughly mediocre year for the Steelers.
Cedric Ogbuehi went from pure dumpster fire with the Bengals to mediocre last year. Enough that the Seahawks offered him 1yr/$2.3m.

No statistical backing for this what-so-ever, but I still think if they had made Taylor Mays a LB from the get-go, he would have been something.

(Really only Mathis was the big miss from that list. McDonald would have been a nice player to have around, too.)
- - - - - - - -

Earlier back a big one is, you can't help but look at 2004 30-year-old Corey Dillon and wonder what his career could have been like on a better team.

I do wonder if we'll look back and think of AJ Green in the same way 10-15 years from now.

Not to cloud the water in this discussion but also Michael Johnson experiments early in his career were a waste.

Oh well. Like you said there are a lot of teams that under-utilize or miss out on talent for whatever reasons.

You could easily say that Bengals in the past took players like Reggie Nelson/Newman and harnessed wasted talent.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 03:24 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't take this as me agreeing with the guy you quoted, but there admittedly is more than just Toeaina (interesting dug up name, though). I'm sure there's a list like this for all teams. From just players added to the Bengals in '10-'15...

- - - - - - - -

Margus just seemed to fit the mold of one of those project players that weren't showing results here.

If my memory serves me right Hunt was always too focused on beating his man down than using a move to get to the ball.

It wasn't a strength issue.  More of a mental issue.

That's what the problem with him.  More athlete than instinctive football player.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 04:53 AM)nichevonsic Wrote: Sorry, I guess I spent too much time having an actual life to be in touch with the "reality" of a sad NFL geek. But really: your obsession with a game played by pampered millionaires makes you so much smarter than the rest of us. I'd debate all your points, but: you are obviously so much smarter than the rest of us, so why should I bother? Except to say: keeping Rex Burkhead the HB3 may have been a waste of his talents...? You know, like, he could have been more important if he was higher up on the depth chart? And Gio has rushed the ball all of 4 times this year. Very productive. Maybe he could do more than less than one rush per game? Look up the word, "waste." You may be surprised. Basing your argument on defending Jeremy Hill, who had a half a season of productivity, really seals your genius. Good job. Feel good about yourself. Teach us more, o wise one. By the way: who is "us"? Do you think you are a part of the Bengals? Get a life, you water head. You hateful shit-filled piece of ugliness. Read a book. God forbid somebody should post a random thought. Thank you for putting me in my place. I think I'll go kill myself now, thanks to your wisdom. I obviously don't measure up to your high standards.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=9802682]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 10:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=9802682]

4 posts in here and we’ve broke him.
Reply/Quote