Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more player drama
Ugh. You hate to see it. I don't like to be Mr. Negative around here, but no way this doesn't get posted eventually so here it is.

Pro athletes routinely overrated themselves, as are these two, and I wish they'd stfu.

Edit: By "these two" I mean Phillips and Shawn Williams, who tweeted "or mine" right below.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 03:14 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Ugh. You hate to see it. I don't like to be Mr. Negative around here, but no way this doesn't get posted eventually so here it is.

Pro athletes routinely overrated themselves, as are these two, and I wish they'd stfu.

Edit: By "these two" I mean Phillips and Shawn Williams, who tweeted "or mine" right below.

I suppose I'm missing something
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 03:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose I'm missing something

Publicly calling out your coaches is a no-no. Just leads to more "Zac is losing the locker room" drama. 
Reply/Quote
Apparently, Sims played well-enough that he will start outside, Alexander will be back and start in the slot and Phillips will be demoted.

But that's just speculation on Twitter's part.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 03:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose I'm missing something

We'll have to see if it happens or not, but with Phillips tweeting this (along with Shawn Williams), it implies he may be benched in favor of Sims on the outside and Alexander starting in the slot. Also, obvious Williams not seeing many snaps with Bell now the starting SS.

Even if it's the right move (I see Phillips as a slot CB, not a boundary CB), players have egos and this might affect their willingness to stick with the team long-term.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Our pass defense has actually been pretty good. Phillips played decently against the Ravens and nearly had a pick that coulda gone for 6.

IDK what this is referring to but if they are now messing with the secondary I’m confused. That’s been one of the only bright spots this season IMO
Reply/Quote
Zac needs to go, he's lost the locker room
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 03:23 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Publicly calling out your coaches is a no-no. Just leads to more "Zac is losing the locker room" drama. 
Whatever it takes to get this ass clown and his cronies outta here I'm fine with.

They obviously don't listen to the fan base. Maybe they'll hear the lockeroom better...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 04:09 PM)Trademark Wrote: Zac needs to go, he's lost the locker room

This. 

We didn't see these issues go public this much in the worse of times under Marvin. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 04:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: This. 

We didn't see these issues go public this much in the worse of times under Marvin. 

I figured none of the Marvin era vets liked Taylor, probably started with the way he treated Andy.
Reply/Quote
I really hate it that players put this stuff on social media now. It just seems so petty.

Do I understand that these guys want to play and are frustrated? Of course. Does sharing this with the world help the situation, or anyone involved? Not one bit.

I mean, seriously. What does this accomplish? What benefit is there in sharing this with the masses? Will it improve your chances at playing? Will it help you secure more money when your contract is up?

It's one thing when a mic is shoved in your face, and you expected to react and answer questions. But it's another thing entirely to go out of your way to cry on the internet like a little *****.

And if I'm one of these guys getting time ahead of these two, what am I thinking? Does this help strengthen the relationships in the position group? What about being the part of a team? Why not just keep your mouth shut out of respect for your teammates.

Unfortunately, this is what happens when you lose. These guys would never have the balls to say this if we were winning, because it would look even more stupid than it already does. But when you're 3-17-1 over the last 21 games, it's going to open the flood gates.

Taylor better get some wins here, and soon. These last few weeks have shined some light on some behind the scenes stuff that is not good. And I fear it's just going to get worse.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 05:47 PM)Trademark Wrote: I figured none of the Marvin era vets liked Taylor, probably started with the way he treated Andy.

Probably more to do with being 3-17-1 under ZT...

If we were winning nobody would care.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 06:02 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I really hate it that players put this stuff on social media now.  It just seems so petty.

Do I understand that these guys want to play and are frustrated?  Of course.  Does sharing this with the world help the situation, or anyone involved?  Not one bit.

I mean, seriously.  What does this accomplish?  What benefit is there in sharing this with the masses?  Will it improve your chances at playing?  Will it help you secure more money when your contract is up?

It's one thing when a mic is shoved in your face, and you expected to react and answer questions.  But it's another thing entirely to go out of your way to cry on the internet like a little *****.

And if I'm one of these guys getting time ahead of these two, what am I thinking?  Does this help strengthen the relationships in the position group?  What about being the part of a team?  Why not just keep your mouth shut out of respect for your teammates.

Unfortunately, this is what happens when you lose.  These guys would never have the balls to say this if we were winning, because it would look even more stupid than it already does.  But when you're 3-17-1 over the last 21 games, it's going to open the flood gates.

Taylor better get some wins here, and soon.  These last few weeks have shined some light on some behind the scenes stuff that is not good.  And I fear it's just going to get worse.

These guys get a bunch of followers on Twitter and they think EVERYONE will be on their side.

It is like when people lined the streets and cheered for OJ during his "low speed chase".  He saw that and it made him think EVERYONE in America was on his side.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 04:25 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Whatever it takes to get this ass clown and his cronies outta here I'm fine with.

They obviously don't listen to the fan base. Maybe they'll hear the lockeroom better...

Did they listen to Ross when he posted video of himself getting open in practice while still being benched?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 06:02 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I really hate it that players put this stuff on social media now. It just seems so petty.

Do I understand that these guys want to play and are frustrated? Of course. Does sharing this with the world help the situation, or anyone involved? Not one bit.

I mean, seriously. What does this accomplish? What benefit is there in sharing this with the masses? Will it improve your chances at playing? Will it help you secure more money when your contract is up?

It's one thing when a mic is shoved in your face, and you expected to react and answer questions. But it's another thing entirely to go out of your way to cry on the internet like a little *****.

And if I'm one of these guys getting time ahead of these two, what am I thinking? Does this help strengthen the relationships in the position group? What about being the part of a team? Why not just keep your mouth shut out of respect for your teammates.

Unfortunately, this is what happens when you lose. These guys would never have the balls to say this if we were winning, because it would look even more stupid than it already does. But when you're 3-17-1 over the last 21 games, it's going to open the flood gates.

Taylor better get some wins here, and soon. These last few weeks have shined some light on some behind the scenes stuff that is not good. And I fear it's just going to get worse.

Perhaps the goal is to influence trade/release.

Look at LeVeon and Jamal Adams. Both went online and cried about their situation. Both were rewarded with a trade or release and are now on better teams. The more that those kind of situations happen the more you’re gonna see players head online to complain.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 06:02 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I really hate it that players put this stuff on social media now.  It just seems so petty.

Do I understand that these guys want to play and are frustrated?  Of course.  Does sharing this with the world help the situation, or anyone involved?  Not one bit.

I mean, seriously.  What does this accomplish?  What benefit is there in sharing this with the masses?  Will it improve your chances at playing?  Will it help you secure more money when your contract is up?

It's one thing when a mic is shoved in your face, and you expected to react and answer questions.  But it's another thing entirely to go out of your way to cry on the internet like a little *****.

And if I'm one of these guys getting time ahead of these two, what am I thinking?  Does this help strengthen the relationships in the position group?  What about being the part of a team?  Why not just keep your mouth shut out of respect for your teammates.

Unfortunately, this is what happens when you lose.  These guys would never have the balls to say this if we were winning, because it would look even more stupid than it already does.  But when you're 3-17-1 over the last 21 games, it's going to open the flood gates.

Taylor better get some wins here, and soon.  These last few weeks have shined some light on some behind the scenes stuff that is not good.  And I fear it's just going to get worse.

Good! This coaching staff is a disgrace.  3-17-1
Reply/Quote
I guess the coaches are supposed to start the entire 53 now? Honstely if Sims is outplaying Phillips then it is what it is. Do you fire coaches for making a depth chart that non starters arent totally happy with? Seems a bit ridiculous. Phillips will play plenty of snaps. He needs to get over it.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 06:02 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I really hate it that players put this stuff on social media now. It just seems so petty.

...and well it should ..

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 06:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Did they listen to Ross when he posted video of himself getting open in practice while still being benched?
No they didn't. Strength in numbers??

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 06:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Perhaps the goal is to influence trade/release.

Look at LeVeon and Jamal Adams. Both went online and cried about their situation. Both were rewarded with a trade or release and are now on better teams. The more that those kind of situations happen the more you’re gonna see players head online to complain.

That's one of the many downsides of being crap, people want to get away from you. Just ask my 3 ex wives and that cult that asked me to leave. 
Reply/Quote