Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my ideas for free agency
I know the bengals are not big spenders when it comes to free agency but I think we will add some players this year to compliment the draft players. Last year's collapse showed we had holes and were old on defense. So with that in mind I start with this scenario:

Re-sign these guys:

1) Whitworth- 2yr 16 million deal ( 8 per)
2) Kirkpatrick- 4 yr 34 million with incentives based on int/pass defenced ( 8.5 per)
3) Peerman- 1 yr 1.5-solid special teamer
4) Burkhead- 3yr 9million (3 per)
5) Lafell 2yr 10 million- (5 per)

total free agent dollars per season 26

Cuts:

1) Adam Jones-savings @ 6million
2) Ray Maualuga- savings 3.7million

total cuts saved @ 10million

Free Agent Additions:

1) Sean Spence (LB) 3yr 8million (2.75per) -becomes solid backup or part time starter gives us depth
2) Logan Ryan (CB) 3yr 15 million (5per)- becomes our slot corner allowing WJ3, and Dennard to play outside
3) Stefan Wisniewski (C/OG) 2yr 4million (2per)- provides interior depth, pushes Bodine at Center.
4) Ryan Nassib (QB) 2yr 2.2 million (1.1per)- with AJMac traded we get a young backup

total outside dollars @ 11 million

these moves still leave us with plenty of cap room and allows us to add youth through the draft, mostly on the d-line, linebacker, o-line, and offensive RB, and wr positions.
Reply/Quote
With you on the signings and releases, but I don't re-sign Lafell...

I would rather get two FA studs like Amukamura and Pryor to make this team an immediate contender. I know that "isn't their style", but I think it is time to make an impact that the rest of the team will sit up and notice.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
5 per for LaFell seems too costly for a old receiver..

I would be more willing to do this if he was like 26-27 not 30.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 11:48 AM)milksheikh Wrote: 5 per for LaFell seems too costly for a old receiver..

I would be more willing to do this if he was like 26-27 not 30.

If I'm picking a WR for $5 mill per, I'm going Terrance Williams. He is a solid outside/red zone target with good size and good enough speed that would complement Green and Boyd very well. He's also 27 years old, so he would be perfect on a 3-year deal.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I like your moves...but you're probably a little low on what you'd pay Whitworth and Kirkpatrick. Probably a little high on Burkhead.
Reply/Quote
Might have to up Whit's contract to 9 mil per year but i love the players you selected to bring back including
Lafell who did very well in just his first season in a new system with a new QB. Bringing back Rex i think is a
no brainer for sure with our RB situation.

Love the FA. Wisnewski would help us so much, great pick up for this team. He should take over at Center
and he has experience in the NFL unlike a draft pick would have. The Spence pick is great, Ryan might be a
little unrealistic, i think a lot of teams might be looking at this guy and with Dre coming back i don't think it
is as much of a need. Would rather get a Guard like Leary or Warmack instead of Ryan to replace Zeitler.

Overall, i really like and almost love it. Still wondering about Guard and OT in case Westerman, Hopkins and
Fisher don't impress. Have to draft O-line a lot still with these moves but that is what position PA put us in.

Great job Schroomytunes. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 08:44 AM)schroomytunes Wrote: I know the bengals are not big spenders when it comes to free agency but I think we will add some players this year to compliment the draft players. Last year's collapse showed we had holes and were old on defense. So with that in mind I start with this scenario:

Re-sign these guys:

2) Kirkpatrick- 4 yr 34 million with incentives based on int/pass defenced ( 8.5 per)

Cuts:

Free Agent Additions:

1) Sean Spence (LB) 3yr 8million (2.75per) -becomes solid backup or part time starter gives us depth
2) Logan Ryan (CB) 3yr 15 million (5per)- becomes our slot corner allowing WJ3, and Dennard to play outside
3) Stefan Wisniewski (C/OG) 2yr 4million (2per)- provides interior depth, pushes Bodine at Center.
4) Ryan Nassib (QB) 2yr 2.2 million (1.1per)- with AJMac traded we get a young backup

these moves still leave us with plenty of cap room and allows us to add youth through the draft, mostly on the d-line, linebacker, o-line, and offensive RB, and wr positions.
Like it except for signing lafell. Also no way Ryan signs for that low he will get at least what dre k gets
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 08:44 AM)schroomytunes Wrote: I know the bengals are not big spenders when it comes to free agency but I think we will add some players this year to compliment the draft players. Last year's collapse showed we had holes and were old on defense. So with that in mind I start with this scenario:

Re-sign these guys:

Cuts:

Free Agent Additions:

Bolded seems too low to keep them.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote