Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new helmet question.
So if I understand it correctly our new helmet can only be worn with "alternate" jersey. Right now our white jersey is our standard road jersey and our orange jersey is our "alternate jersey"

We can't just make the orange jersey our new road jersey, so will we just have the black home jersey, a white road jersey, and a slightly different white "alternate" jersey to wear with the white helmet?
Reply/Quote
I don't know. It doesn't make sense for them not to wear it with the white jersey/white w black stripe pants. I do know they said they would wear the alternate helmet only once this season.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
There must be another jersey reveal coming. I believe every other team showed the entire uniform with their new helmets.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
They are going to end up making the white color rush design the alternate uniform. They will release it eventually.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 12:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There must be another jersey reveal coming. I believe every other team showed the entire uniform with their new helmets.

Our "color rush" jersey was slightly different from our new standard white Jersey.  It does not have any orange around the letters.

It does not make sense to have two different white jerseys and no orange jersey, but that might be what the rules require.  I don't think we are allowed to have two different "alternate" jerseys.

**EDIT** Teams are allowed to have more than one alternate jersey in addition to the "color rush".  So we should be able to keep orange as our "alternate" jersey and the all-white color rush in addition to our new white home jersey.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 12:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Our "color rush" jersey was slightly different from our new standard white Jersey.  It does not have any orange around the letters.

It does not make sense to have two different white jerseys and no orange jersey, but that might be what the rules require.  I don't think we are allowed to have two different "alternate" jerseys.

I’m seeing some speculation that it’s likely the color rush being brought back.

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 12:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m seeing some speculation that it’s likely the color rush being brought back.

I really hope they update the color rush to match our current design or the whole thing is going to look off in my opinion. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 12:05 PM)pally Wrote: I don't know.  It doesn't make sense for them not to wear it with the white jersey/white w black stripe pants.  I do know they said they would wear the alternate helmet only once this season.

id Guess TNF then 
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 12:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: id Guess TNF then 

I agree.  Its a special night with the Ring of Honor inductions, make the uniforms special too

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 11:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So if I understand it correctly our new helmet can only be worn with "alternate" jersey.  Right now our white jersey is our standard road jersey and our orange jersey is our "alternate jersey"

We can't just make the orange jersey our new road jersey, so will we just have the black home jersey, a white road jersey, and a slightly different white "alternate" jersey to wear with the white helmet?

My guess is that the white helmet will go with a Bengals alternate "uniform" which would include the standard white jersey and black and new alternate white pants.

This will allow the alternate Orange jersey to remain with the White being home and Black being away.

Personally, I would have prefered Orange the standard Home, All White the standard away (or vice versa), and black as the "alternate"... NFL rules won't allow an alternate helmet to be used to that degree, whichnis a bummer. Baby steps, though... NFL is realizing the merchandising opportunities about 15 years behind NCAA with allowing teams alternate game day combos. Flood gates are opening!
Reply/Quote
It's honestly going to be pretty disappointing if they just bring back the last gen Color Rush. Our new standard white uninforms are already an improved version of that, so bringing the Color Rush back would just be a step backward. I gotta see this thing on the current white unis.

Having to pair the new helmet with an alternative or Color Rush uniform is dumb in general. Let teams wear them with whatever uniform they want but limit the number of times they can do it per season.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 01:55 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It's honestly going to be pretty disappointing if they just bring back the last gen Color Rush.  Our new standard white uninforms are already an improved version of that, so bringing the Color Rush back would just be a step backward.  I gotta see this thing on the current white unis.  

Having to pair the new helmet with an alternative or Color Rush uniform is dumb in general.  Let teams wear them with whatever uniform they want but limit the number of times they can do it per season.

White is now our Color Rush
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 02:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: White is now our Color Rush

Then what's our Away uniform going to be?
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 02:31 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Then what's our Away uniform going to be?

Depends on what the Home team chooses to wear... (or does the away team pick?)
Reply/Quote
Lots of questions and answers in this thread. All I can say is I have great anticipation for the white helmets with the
white uni's and I agree with others it will be the Phins Thursday night game. I think once everyone sees this combo
once most everyone will want to see it again often. Once this year and multiple times next year IMO.

I think they might change the rules about only allowing one game a year with the alternate helmets cause of these.

That is how wicked I think they will look out there.
Reply/Quote
I just hope when they unveil the white helmet, it is at home and they have the White Tigers there so people will get it.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So make the White jersey an Alternate lock up 3 games... Orange and Black Home and Away?
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I'll say it:
The all-white looks better than the all-orange.

But if this alt helmet has a limitation, I think the white jersey needs to be made as the alt jersey and the orange becomes the away.
Then the Bengals can wear the black at home and the orange away.
For teams they play that also have orange, that could be when they either wear the black or the alternate white jersey.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 04:51 PM)QueenCity Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So make the White jersey an Alternate lock up 3 games... Orange and Black Home and Away?

Awesome, I want to see the white helmets and uni's as much as possible. Gonna be fun getting used to the change.

Even though I will ALWAYS love the orange and black striped helmets just the same, this will never change.

(07-22-2022, 04:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'll say it:
The all-white looks better than the all-orange.

But if this alt helmet has a limitation, I think the white jersey needs to be made as the alt jersey and the orange becomes the away.
Then the Bengals can wear the black at home and the orange away.
For teams they play that also have orange, that could be when they either wear the black or the alternate white jersey.

Completely agree. The all orange is probably my least favorite even though we seem to win more in them.

Love the orange and black helmets with the all black uni's and these new all white's the best.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 04:51 PM)QueenCity Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I thought Away jerseys had to be white.   Is that not the case?
Reply/Quote