Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
news flash d-line disappears in Carolina
The DL got pwned today by scrubs, and made it really easy for a QB not known for accurate passing to complete passes - zero pressure will do that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 11:24 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Well PFF said he had a good game with a couple of hurries. Seemed to blame the LBers for the run game rather than the D line.

I think that's correct.  It looked like Nickerson and Evans were biting on front side run action which allowed the Panthers to double team our tackles and create huge cutback lanes.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:12 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: How can a d-line look so bad against a team that's missing three of their starters? Didn't Atkins , the all pro, make the trip? I hope the D-coordinator doesn't have to wait too long to file a missing person report. The defensive performance was pathetic at best.

One word:  Attitude.  
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 01:44 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Well sometimes there wrong lol... Anyways I saw a lot of quick passes today and a lot of soft coverage. I think that was more of our struggles in the passing game then the Dline.

AgreeAgreed. But they rushed the ball 41 times for 230 yards. That means the Dline did a terrible job at being the first wall of defense against a not good Oline. The linebackers obviously need to step up and help but if they're going to talk about being one of the best Dlines and getting paid like it you can't have that kind of performance.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:12 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: How can a d-line look so bad against a team that's missing three of their starters? Didn't Atkins , the all pro, make the trip? I hope the D-coordinator doesn't have to wait too long to file a missing person report. The defensive performance was pathetic at best.

Far more the scheme by the DC and terrible LB play.......These guys failed to take on blocks, shed blocks and plug holes.....Absolutely ZERO reason any RB let alone a catch-passing RB has the game of their lives against them.......
Reply/Quote
Though I am not the biggest MJ fan, though I like the guy, I think the d-line missed him yesterday to help stop the run. Not saying him missing is the reason by any means, but he would have helped. Besides imo overall, this d-line doesn't seem built to stop the run. And I am not knocking anyone for that, because after all this is definitely more of a passing league which this d-line is built for, imo.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Carolina had 3 O-lineman starters out as well...
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 03:15 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Though I am not the biggest MJ fan, though I like the guy, I think the d-line missed him yesterday to help stop the run. Not saying him missing is the reason by any means, but he would have helped. Besides imo overall, this d-line doesn't seem built to stop the run. And I am not knocking anyone for that, because after all this is definitely more of a passing league which this d-line is built for, imo.

Sure would like to see Dunlap take more passing down snaps at RDE with the right handed quarterbacks. 
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:09 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Williams also didn't make Cam pay for running the ball in the red zone. On the 2nd TD run he stood frozen in the end zone while Cam ran right at him. If he keeps being a liability I think Fed should replace him. Brains beat brawn in the new NFL.

I noticed that too. Standing at the goal line waiting for Cam to come meet him. Like WTF bro?
Reply/Quote
I'm a little concerned about Lawson's sophomore slump. Hopefully he snaps out of it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote