Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no Charger game flex
The NFL is flexing KC-Denver so our game remains at 1PM.

edit: the game has been moved to CBS from Fox where it is competing with Minnesota-Detroit and Ind-Houston as the only other 1PM game. This should be pretty close to national coverage.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Good! Give me the 1 o’clock games. I’m too old for the late ones.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm sure many will like the convenience factor of remaining at 1:00 PM, but I would have loved to see PBS have another night game. The crowd would have been electric.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Based off Browns, Packers and probably Steelers this week maybe they didn't want optics of lack of a sellout.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 05:57 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Based off Browns, Packers and probably Steelers this week maybe they didn't want optics of lack of a sellout.

It does seem like they do tend to give us non-Thursday primetime games at PBS if we're playing the Steelers.  That way they can guarantee a full stadium, I guess.  But it was a pretty full house for Jax, and I bet there would have been a sellout for the Chargers.    
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Nice.

I hate when our games are flexed.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 05:37 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Good! Give me the 1 o’clock games. I’m too old for the late ones.

No shit. Makes Mondays rough. 4pm game + 14 beers makes 530am Monday Ruff-Ruff.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 06:16 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Nice.

I hate when our games are flexed.

(11-23-2021, 06:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: No shit. Makes Mondays rough. 4pm game + 14 beers makes 530am Monday Ruff-Ruff.

I drive 8+ hours from Philadelphia. It would really screw me up.
Reply/Quote
Missed opportunity. Burrow vs Herbert would have drawn big ratings. Burrow vs Lawrence certainly did.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 07:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Missed opportunity. Burrow vs Herbert would have drawn big ratings. Burrow vs Lawrence certainly did.

This is a good point. But I still fear the prime time curse. If the national football media made a big deal about the matchup on primetime and we looked bad it would be very disappointing on Monday morning. Maybe in a few years when Joe has solidified himself as a major player it would be be better.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 08:35 PM)BengalRed Wrote: This is a good point. But I still fear the prime time curse. If the national football media made a big deal about the matchup on primetime and we looked bad it would be very disappointing on Monday morning. Maybe in a few years when Joe has solidified himself as a major player it would be be better.

Good point, but I don't think primetime scares this team or the fans as much as it once did. We've already kicked that in the butt.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 08:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Good point, but I don't think primetime scares this team or the fans as much as it once did. We've already kicked that in the butt.

Agreed. I'm just a little shell shocked from past prime time games.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 05:33 PM)pally Wrote: The NFL is flexing KC-Denver so our game remains at 1PM.

edit: the game has been moved to CBS from Fox where it is competing with Minnesota-Detroit and Ind-Houston as the only other 1PM game.  This should be pretty close to national coverage.

*cries in living an hour away from Detroit*

Nobody wants to watch them lose a-god-damned-gain
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 08:44 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Agreed. I'm just a little shell shocked from past prime time games.

Me too bro, me too. Just wait till we are up in a playoff game with 2 minutes left. Stroke symptoms will set in.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 08:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Me too bro, me too. Just wait till we are up in a playoff game with 2 minutes left. Stroke symptoms will set in.

Yeah. I still have nightmares from Jan 9, 2016.
Reply/Quote
Good. Especially since I bought tickets for a customer from St Louis who is going to be in town that weekend.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 08:48 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Yeah. I still have nightmares from Jan 9, 2016.

Everytime this is brought up, I remember how much I hate Jeremy Hill... What an idiot... Just go down...
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 08:55 PM)Tony Wrote: Everytime this is brought up, I remember how much I hate Jeremy Hill... What an idiot... Just go down...

This is what happens when you fondle your balls instead of holding on to them. Some kids never grow out of it.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 09:02 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This is what happens when you fondle your balls instead of holding on to them. Some kids never grow out of it.

This reminds me - - it’s that time of the year to watch Planes, Trains and Automobiles…

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 09:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This reminds me - - it’s that time of the year to watch Planes, Trains and Automobiles…

Hilarious

Reply/Quote