Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no Charger game flex
(11-23-2021, 09:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This reminds me - - it’s that time of the year to watch Planes, Trains and Automobiles…

I watch it every Thanksgiving eve... Have been for 30 years..
Reply/Quote
Those aren't pillows
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 10:14 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Those aren't pillows

I need a ***** car. 4 ***** tires,  a ***** steering wheel..
Reply/Quote
Bigger fanbases win out over better storyline. I guess.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 05:33 PM)pally Wrote: The NFL is flexing KC-Denver so our game remains at 1PM.

edit: the game has been moved to CBS from Fox where it is competing with Minnesota-Detroit and Ind-Houston as the only other 1PM game.  This should be pretty close to national coverage.

Good to know, thought it would of been flexed but I am with others and fine with this. I still think I might see the game anyways.
Reply/Quote
Watch this matchup be the game of the year - or at least the regular season.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 10:10 PM)Tony Wrote: I watch it every Thanksgiving eve... Have been for 30 years..

(11-23-2021, 10:14 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Those aren't pillows

(11-23-2021, 10:17 PM)Tony Wrote: I need a ***** car. 4 ***** tires,  a ***** steering wheel..

LMAO! Was watching it today...

You stole my cab...

Rum Mon...

Let me buy you a hot dog and a beer...

Stuck up Neil Page. Whatever
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised we didn't get the game honestly.

However, it's probably a blessing. Jay Morrison put out some grim stats for the Bengals and Sunday Night Football.

3-16 overall
0-4 when flexed

Last win was 04 against the Dolphins. Yuck.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 05:33 PM)pally Wrote: The NFL is flexing KC-Denver so our game remains at 1PM.

edit: the game has been moved to CBS from Fox where it is competing with Minnesota-Detroit and Ind-Houston as the only other 1PM game.  This should be pretty close to national coverage.

Fine with me!  I don't want to lose any advantage, no matter how slim, and keeping our guys on their normal routine and having the travel East and play at 1 PM EST is a challenge for West Coast teams, historically.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 02:27 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm surprised we didn't get the game honestly.

However, it's probably a blessing. Jay Morrison put out some grim stats for the Bengals and Sunday Night Football.

3-16 overall
0-4 when flexed

Last win was 04 against the Dolphins. Yuck.

Tbh I associate all of the PT struggles with Marvin.

I could be wrong, but it'll take awhile to prove.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 08:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tbh I associate all of the PT struggles with Marvin.

Well we won a primetime game this year over the Jags even if they aren't good. It's something and agree that I also associate
the PT struggles with Marv and Dalton. Dalton also struggled under the bright lights. Think this will change with Burrow.

Taylor also won a Monday night game against the Steelers last year with Finley as the starting QB, hope it is a trend.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 08:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tbh I associate all of the PT struggles with Marvin.

Agreed. Marvin was horrible in the big spotlight and in big games. The team never came out prepared or ready to play. 

His lack of discipline and game planning wasn't good when things were different than normal weeks and when the team needed to be more focused.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 08:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well we won a primetime game this year over the Jags even if they aren't good. It's something and agree that I also associate
the PT struggles with Marv and Dalton. Dalton also struggled under the bright lights. Think this will change with Burrow.

Taylor also won a Monday night game against the Steelers last year with Finley as the starting QB, hope it is a trend.

Well I don't want to get into a Dalton debate, but Dalton actually had a much better rating in Prime Time than Palmer did as a Bengal. So for me, it was all Marvin. After Palmer left, he was fine, and I'm sure Dalton will be fine in PT now as well. If any team actually sticks with him. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 08:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well I don't want to get into a Dalton debate, but Dalton actually had a much better rating in Prime Time than Palmer did as a Bengal. So for me, it was all Marvin. After Palmer left, he was fine, and I'm sure Dalton will be fine in PT now as well. If any team actually sticks with him. Mellow

Kind of forgot Palmer was also terrible in PT, yeah, has to be on Marv then...
Reply/Quote
1:00 pm keeps Bengals on regular schedule and makes the Chargers play at 10:00 am their time.

Not much but will take any edge offered.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 08:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Kind of forgot Palmer was also terrible in PT, yeah, has to be on Marv then...

If you have the stomach, go look at Boomer Esiason's post season numbers. Yeesh!
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 05:52 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'm sure many will like the convenience factor of remaining at 1:00 PM, but I would have loved to see PBS have another night game.  The crowd would have been electric.

Actually the crowd would have been freezing its collective ass off.  South end zone gets cold during those night games.  
Reply/Quote
As most of season ticket holders I know, they don;t prefer to be flexed.. the average young fan tends to like the prime time games more
Reply/Quote