Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
no flex for DEc 4th game
Bengals-Jacksonville remain on Monday night Dec 4th

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The NFL clearly wants to embarrass us nationally for "hiding" Burrow's wrist injury from the gambling orgnaizations, er, the injury report.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Is flexing Monday Night games even a thing?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 12:18 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Is flexing Monday Night games even a thing?

It is now….at leas they ar allowed to. Whether they actually do has yet to be seen

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 12:18 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Is flexing Monday Night games even a thing?

Yeah, it's new for this season.  There are two rules to them flexing a game:

1. The NFL can only move a game that's being played between Week 12 and Week 17. 

2. If the league is going to utilize flex scheduling, the decision has to be made at least 12 days in advance. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 10:34 AM)PhilHos Wrote: The NFL clearly wants to embarrass us nationally for "hiding" Burrow's wrist injury from the gambling orgnaizations, er, the injury report.

Sure but it makes you wonder what the NY Giants did to the NFL to deserve being humiliated in prime time.  They've got 5 prime time games this year and they've already played 4 of them where they've gone 0-4 and been outscored 24 to 108.  

The NFL really has it out for that franchise. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought I read somewhere they could only flex like 3 total games a year. So they can’t go too crazy moving games around. I know I would be pissed if I bought tickets, a flight, a hotel, and rented a car months in advance and the NFL screwed it all up moving the game.

Their ability to flex these games makes it less likely I ever travel to watch the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 01:15 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Sure but it makes you wonder what the NY Giants did to the NFL to deserve being humiliated in prime time.  They've got 5 prime time games this year and they've already played 4 of them where they've gone 0-4 and been outscored 24 to 108.  

The NFL really has it out for that franchise. 

They knew they were going to give Daniel Jones 4yr/$160m, which ruined the QB market for subpar-to-slightly-above-average starters.

Geno Smith signed a day before, but his contract is largely structured as a 1yr/$27.5m deal with the cap spread between two years if they want out next offseason. Daniel Jones is locked into their roster next year ($69m dead cap hit if cut is not nice) so he gets at least 2yr/$82m... for being Daniel Jones. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote