Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
now is the time to trade A.D. & McCarron
haha.....did this title get your attention.....Radical yes but hear me out....
Dalton isn't getting any younger....if we can retain the rights to McCarron lets trade both of them predraft....
lets say we get a high 2nd & a low 3rd for A.D. & we get a mid 2nd rd pick for McCarron....whatever....ballpark guess...
point is lets move them both, try to target 3 guys in rd #1..

the main guy I now want is Lamar Jackson out of Louisville....compares to Deshaun Watson & or a taller, right handed version of Michael Vick....very, very fast w/ a very strong arm....has super star potential....
just saw where walterfootball has him now sitting at #12 on their big board.....he is rising...

the #2 guy I want is OT McGlinchey....who now sits at 17 on their big board

the #3 guy I want in rd #1 is either OC Price or OG Hernandez who has risen up into the lower part or the first rd....

if we have to sweeten the pot some to land all 3 of these guys fine...I say it's worth it....
point is now's the time to do it...
run a KISS offense...
keep it simple stupid....
w/ the rebuilt line ground & pound....control the clock...
w/ 2 fleet footed QB's it would pay off in the long run....Driscoll & Jackson...they can do it...
use other picks on LB, S, CB's, DT etc....
Lamar Jackson's ceiling is sky high....
he's worth this imo.....
Reply/Quote
Would think Dalton would be worth a 1st round pick
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 01:32 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Would think Dalton would be worth a 1st round pick

No doubt. If Sam Bradford is worth a 1 (twice), the Bengals take no less than a 1 with a future 2nd for Andy. While I’m not an Andy homer, the guy is a decent NFL starter with a very friendly contract. Two 1st round picks, or a 1st and 2nd is the minimum for Dalton. The problem with Jackson is he will be prone to injury given his style.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Hell no to Jackson. There's a cutup of every throw over 20 yards he made if u want the link. He's way way to inconsistent. He isn't a pocket passer. There's a reason he's not considered in the top tier if qbs. If we're drafting a inconsistent qb with upside give me Allen all day.
Reply/Quote
If we had a new coach I would entertain the idea. Not with Marvin though for various reasons.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 03:04 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: No doubt.  If Sam Bradford is worth a 1 (twice), the Bengals take no less than a 1 with a future 2nd for Andy.  While I’m not an Andy homer, the guy is a decent NFL starter with a very friendly contract.  Two 1st round picks, or a 1st and 2nd is the minimum for Dalton.  The problem with Jackson is he will be prone to injury given his style.

I agree Jackson needs to add weight but...
his upside is huge....
just tell him on his scrambles avoid contact....if you have to take a hit....slide....
but many times he'll just fake them out, then outrun them.....blazing speed...

I didn't want to say we'd get 1 or more first rd picks for A.D.  but I know he's a starter & highly prized by many teams....especially Buffalo right now...
now would be a great time to move him....i'd trade him for Jackson right now in a heartbeat.....Jackson's arm is much stronger & he runs twice as fast....
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 04:52 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Hell no to Jackson. There's a cutup of every throw over 20 yards he made if u want the link. He's way way to inconsistent. He isn't a pocket passer. There's a reason he's not considered in the top tier if qbs. If we're drafting a inconsistent qb with upside give me Allen all day.

when they say he's a taller, right handed  version of Michael Vick I was sold...

so many times a play breaks down....great QB's scramble away, make a huge play....
this s Jackson......
not Dalton....
I say move A.D. while is stock is high....bring in the Rookie w/ a cannon arm & blazing speed....w/ the extra picks
 FIX THE O-LINE....
Reply/Quote
In order to effectively run the offense that the OP describes, which is pretty much a carbon copy of what 'Carolina does, and what SF did when Harbaugh was there, the management would have to drastically change their philosophy as it relates to the value of interior offensive linemen.

In other words, I don't see it happening.

Lamar Jackson? Fun to watch as a college player, but not very confident of him being a success in the NFL. Entirely too much bust potential for the team to make radical choices like that.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 05:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In order to effectively run the offense that the OP describes, which is pretty much a carbon copy of what 'Carolina does, and what SF did when Harbaugh was there, the management would have to drastically change their philosophy as it relates to the value of interior offensive linemen.

In other words, I don't see it happening.

Lamar Jackson?  Fun to watch as a college player, but not very confident of him being a success in the NFL.  Entirely too much bust potential for the team to make radical choices like this..
I agree it's a radical move & only has a a slim chance of ever happening....
but....
a taller version of Michael Vick sounds tempting....
if we don't draft him..i sure hope the ravens & stealers also don't....
I wouldn't want to face him twice a yr....
Reply/Quote
Star 
We have no need to trade Andy Dalton so there is literally no reason at all to accept ANYTHING LESS than a first round pick and a second round pick. With Andy, you are getting a serviceable starter. He is going to win you games, he has a high football IQ (doesn't necessarily always translate on the field), and he is capable of running your offense and being a team leader. There is no reason on earth to settle for anything less than he is worth.

With McCarron you should be getting a second round pick and a conditional third round pick (dependent on play-offs). He proved himself a good backup and worthy of getting a starting shot somewhere.

There is no reason for us to sell low on our talent. Saying we should ask for a 2nd/3rd for Andy Dalton is like saying we should trade AJ Green for a 3rd round pick and a Taco Bell gift card with a remaining balance of $7.34
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 06:16 PM)Steve Wrote: I agree it's a radical move & only has a a slim chance of ever happening....
but....
a taller version of Michael Vick sounds tempting....
if we don't draft him..i sure hope the ravens & stealers also don't....
I wouldn't want to face him twice a yr....

Oddly enough, I think that Mike Brown learned his lesson from getting his ass burnt twice on bum QB selections.  David Klingler and Akili Smith were both bitter pills for him to have to digest.  I think that it's fair to say that given the history of QBs that are clearly better athletes than they are QBs, that Lamar Jackson's bust potential is likely higher than his chances of success in the NFL.

He might be a good risk for an already loaded team, with a good OL, as a 6th round pick.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 05:41 PM)Steve Wrote: when they say he's a taller, right handed  version of Michael Vick I was sold...

so many times a play breaks down....great QB's scramble away, make a huge play....
this s Jackson......
not Dalton....
I say move A.D. while is stock is high....bring in the Rookie w/ a cannon arm & blazing speed....w/ the extra picks
 FIX THE O-LINE....
He's nowhere close to pick. Not to mention Vick wouldn't succeed in today's NFL. Jackson is a run first qb who can't hit the broad side of a barn more often than not. And a.d. stock is very low right now.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 09:41 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He's nowhere close to pick. Not to mention Vick wouldn't succeed in today's NFL. Jackson is a run first qb who can't hit the broad side of a barn more often than not. And a.d. stock is very low right now.

Wait, Vick wouldn't succeed in an NFL today where CB's can't touch WR's and safeties can't kill your WR's for going up for wild passes? That makes no sense. Even when Vick came back after being in prison he was effective. Heck the RPO, as an extension to the option pass, was proven to be effective with Nick Foles. Add in Vicks ability to run and I'd argue he'd be more effective with today's rules.
Reply/Quote
The trade for high draft picks is intriguing, and worth a look.  I just don't think I'd use it on Jackson.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 09:41 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He's nowhere close to pick. Not to mention Vick wouldn't succeed in today's NFL. Jackson is a run first qb who can't hit the broad side of a barn more often than not. And a.d. stock is very low right now.

speed never goes out of style.....
that's how we lost to Houston last yr....
on Watsons ??? 70 yard scramble we put up great D....
he had no where to go......
then beaks out, runs 70 yards for the winning TD...

SPEED KILLS....
A.D. stock is not low right now....Buffalo would love to get him in a trade for the right price...

& he's been called a taller, right hand version of Michael Vick.....
also compared a lot to Deshaun Watson....
not so much by me but by ppl who do this for a living.....
maybe you've been so busy lately this info slipped past you...? Sarcasm
haha  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 10:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oddly enough, I think that Mike Brown learned his lesson from getting his ass burnt twice on bum QB selections.  David Klingler and Akili Smith were both bitter pills for him to have to digest.  I think that it's fair to say that given the history of QBs that are clearly better athletes than they are QBs, that Lamar Jackson's bust potential is likely higher than his chances of success in the NFL.

He might be a good risk for an already loaded team, with a good OL, as a 6th round pick.
wow
harsh
Jackson isn't Smith or Klingler but whatever..... Smirk
walterfootball has him now ranked 12th on their big board....
not that that means he'll make the pro bowl but still...Jackson's rising....
a qb who has a cannon for an arm & can run like the wind is worth a real close look....
Jackson's ceiling is a mile above Dalton's....
& I like Dalton....but sometime if you see something that will make your team better you should go for it....
I just LOVE fast QB's w/ strong arms...
these are not A.D.'s strong suites....
I know this is not the Bengals way...they like to keep a guy past his prime so they get him at a discount....
but whatever.... Dead Horse
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 09:25 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: We have no need to trade Andy Dalton so there is literally no reason at all to accept ANYTHING LESS than a first round pick and a second round pick. With Andy, you are getting a serviceable starter. He is going to win you games, he has a high football IQ (doesn't necessarily always translate on the field), and he is capable of running your offense and being a team leader. There is no reason on earth to settle for anything less than he is worth.

With McCarron you should be getting a second round pick and a conditional third round pick (dependent on play-offs). He proved himself a good backup and worthy of getting a starting shot somewhere.

There is no reason for us to sell low on our talent. Saying we should ask for a 2nd/3rd for Andy Dalton is like saying we should trade AJ Green for a 3rd round pick and a Taco Bell gift card with a remaining balance of $7.34
you misunderstood me
I was just using those figures as an example....I know they were low but didn't want to go the other way either by saying someone would give us a gold mine.....my point was....whatever we get go after the 3 players I named in Rd #1....QB Jackson, #2 OT McGlinchey  & OC Price or OG Hernandez

& I do like A.D. a lot....so it's nothing personal.....give him a good O-line & imo, he could win a SB....
but imo, Jacksons worth going for if we could swing it....
his speed would win games.....& his arm is way stronger than A.D.'s
be better for A.J. Green & Ross....
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 09:11 PM)Steve Wrote: wow
harsh
Jackson isn't Smith or Klingler but whatever..... Smirk
walterfootball has him now ranked 12th on their big board....
not that that means he'll make the pro bowl but still...Jackson's rising....
a qb who has a cannon for an arm & can run like the wind is worth a real close look....
Jackson's ceiling is a mile above Dalton's....
& I like Dalton....but sometime if you see something that will make your team better you should go for it....
I just LOVE fast QB's w/ strong arms...
these are not A.D.'s strong suites....
I know this is not the Bengals way...they like to keep a guy past his prime so they get him at a discount....
but whatever.... Dead Horse

Hey man, FWIW some people refer to Walter as the "shitboard".  They always seem to have some outrageous prospects rated higher than the bulk of the other services that do prospect ratings.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 09:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hey man, FWIW some people refer to Walter as the "shitboard".  They always seem to have some outrageous prospects rated higher than the bulk of the other services that do prospect ratings.

well that's your opinion....I surf many sights....
I saw one last night showing the Jets picking Lamar Jackson at 6.....
but whatever....
everyone has an opinion....
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 08:43 PM)Steve Wrote: well that's your opinion....I surf many sights....
I saw one last night showing the Jets picking Lamar Jackson at 6.....
but whatever....
everyone has an opinion....

I'll tell you what.  Since you're so sold on Lamar Jackson, and I'm so not sold on Lamar Jackson, let's make a friendly wager.

I'll bet you a 6 pack of your choice that Jackson does not get selected in the 1st round.

Is that fair for you?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote