Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
o-line texans
Boling out most likely whit at LG ogbuehi at LT. I personally like this i wanna see what he has at his natural position. Ever since he started backing up whit at LT all ive heard is how he looks light years ahead of how he played at RT. Well prove it sunday.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I'm not wanting to draft a o lineman in the first round, quite a few other guys I like. So im really hoping this is the future, Cedric Lt whitworth guard Fisher Rt zeitler/ westerman at rg, and hopefully maybe boling at C or draft a new center
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 08:50 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Yeah I'm not wanting to draft a o lineman in the first round, quite a few other guys I like. So im really hoping this is the future, Cedric Lt whitworth guard Fisher Rt zeitler/ westerman at rg, and hopefully maybe boling at C or draft a new center

Yeah take elfien at center in second but other than that it all looks good. Dont see a need to draft another ofensive tackle
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 08:36 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Boling out most likely whit at LG ogbuehi at LT. I personally like this i wanna see what he has at his natural position. Ever since he started backing up whit at LT all ive heard is how he looks light years ahead of how he played at RT. Well prove it sunday.

With that OL configuration, we should also start McCarron at QB.  Not only to prevent damage to Andy, but also to show potential trade suitors accurately how McCarron will look on their shitty team, next season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Poor Andy or AJ......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 08:36 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Boling out most likely whit at LG ogbuehi at LT. I personally like this i wanna see what he has at his natural position. Ever since he started backing up whit at LT all ive heard is how he looks light years ahead of how he played at RT. Well prove it sunday.

Can you name an OT that played poorly at RT, but was "light years ahead" after the switch to LT?
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 09:45 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With that OL configuration, we should also start McCarron at QB.  Not only to prevent damage to Andy, but also to show potential trade suitors accurately how McCarron will look on their shitty team, next season.
They will get a better idea by seeing him sit on a shitty team's bench Saturday. That's what he will be done ng next year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Forgive me if I don't buy into the team's hype surrounding Ogbuehi.  He was supposed to have the greatest feet ever and be an outstanding OT before we saw him fall on his face this season.  I'm filing any hype about him into the Armon Binns folder until I see otherwise.  
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 11:10 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Can you name an OT that played poorly at RT, but was "light years ahead" after the switch to LT?

X2

I'm not buying for a second that he sucked that bad at RT and is suddenly going to be a world beater at LT.
Reply/Quote
I hear Nuggent is available..Could he do any worse at left tackle than as the kicker?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Would guard be easier or harder on the body for Whit or no difference?
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 12:50 PM)grampahol Wrote: I hear Nuggent is available..Could he do any worse at left tackle than as the kicker?

Really?  I think Dave Lapham could do better than Nugent!!  Nervous
Reply/Quote
This is stupid IMO.

We hyped up Westerman and he was a good OG prospect. They draft him but instead of actually seeing what they get from him, they move our best offensive lineman to OG just so the worst right offensive tackle this year gets another shot at playing time.

Let. Westerman. Play.

Whitworth wants to come back and is playing well. So resign him. Zeitler might walk so what do you do then? Move Whit to RG and hope Ogbuehi actually got better?

Or actually see what you have in a offensive guard you drafted last year and see what he can do
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 04:09 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: This is stupid IMO.

We hyped up Westerman and he was a good OG prospect. They draft him but instead of actually seeing what they get from him, they move our best offensive lineman to OG just so the worst right offensive tackle this year gets another shot at playing time.

Let. Westerman. Play.

Whitworth wants to come back and is playing well. So resign him. Zeitler might walk so what do you do then? Move Whit to RG and hope Ogbuehi actually got better?

Or actually see what you have in a offensive guard you drafted last year and see what he can do

Head scratching moves like these can only be the work of one man . . . 

And I sit at the bar
Putting bread in Mike Brown's jar
And say, "Man, what is Paul Alexander still doing here?"
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 11:57 AM)samhain Wrote: Forgive me if I don't buy into the team's hype surrounding Ogbuehi.  He was supposed to have the greatest feet ever and be an outstanding OT before we saw him fall on his face this season.  I'm filing any hype about him into the Armon Binns folder until I see otherwise.  

Neither am i thats why im saying prove it. We will find out this weekend. But in his defense i will say a first time starter needs to be comfortable and he said he was never able to get comfortable at rt if u feel a lot more comfortable at Lt and ur out of the playoffs lets see what u can do. See if u really are better at Lt. If u play great, then maybe we have our future Lt, if u dont then ur a bust. But he will have to prove to me that the coaching staff knows what they are talking about when they say hes way better at Lt. Prove it. I hope he does.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 12:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: X2

I'm not buying for a second that he sucked that bad at RT and is suddenly going to be a world beater at LT.

neither am i but were out of the playoffs its time to see if its true we will find out this weekend.
Reply/Quote
Wtf ate you guys smoking? He's light years ahead because he's in his natural spot? He's only played 10 games at LT and was so bad after giving up 7 sacks they moved him to RT. He was absolutely garbage at RT how is he going to protect andy at left tackle. Omg that makes no sense at all. Hopefully Dalton has really good life insurance.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 07:56 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Wtf ate you guys smoking?   He's light years ahead because he's in his natural spot? He's only played 10 games at LT and was so bad after giving up 7 sacks they moved him to RT.   He was absolutely garbage at RT how is he going to protect andy at left tackle.  Omg that makes no sense at all.  Hopefully Dalton has really good life insurance.

That whole line was horrible it wasnt just on him. As i said we will see sunday but i think theres a chance he proves hes a great LT remember this was a top 5 pick before his injury. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 08:19 PM)Jpoore Wrote: That whole line was horrible it wasnt just on him. As i said we will see sunday but i think theres a chance he proves hes a great LT remember this was a top 5 pick before his injury. 

No he wasn't. He was top 5 going into his last season which saw him suck it up at LT then get injured.  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Well see how he looks lol I am a believer westerman will be good. Of course they hype these draft guys up. But marvin says this isn't jr high, so we can't play them. He's a bafoon. And I'm sure if they play Dawson, that move right there will show marvin is a bafoon. He should of been playing last season and this season. Watch and observe. The best players usually don't always play.
Reply/Quote