Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
o-line texans
(12-23-2016, 08:50 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Yeah I'm not wanting to draft a o lineman in the first round, quite a few other guys I like. So im really hoping this is the future, Cedric Lt whitworth guard Fisher Rt zeitler/ westerman at rg, and hopefully maybe boling at C or draft a new center

(12-23-2016, 09:00 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Yeah take elfien at center in second but other than that it all looks good. Dont see a need to draft another ofensive tackle

Depends on how Oggieboggie boy plays. There's no evidence that he'll do any better at LT than he did at RT and Paul Alexander's word on the matter doesn't count for crap.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 02:28 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Depends on how Oggieboggie boy plays. There's no evidence that he'll do any better at LT than he did at RT and Paul Alexander's word on the matter doesn't count for crap.

Ogbuehi shows me no strength in motion.  If you cant move a defender off of the ball on a run play, what makes you think that you can get any leverage on a defender while back peddling?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 04:09 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: This is stupid IMO.

We hyped up Westerman and he was a good OG prospect. They draft him but instead of actually seeing what they get from him, they move our best offensive lineman to OG just so the worst right offensive tackle this year gets another shot at playing time.

Let. Westerman. Play.

Whitworth wants to come back and is playing well. So resign him. Zeitler might walk so what do you do then? Move Whit to RG and hope Ogbuehi actually got better?

Or actually see what you have in a offensive guard you drafted last year and see what he can do

It bodes poorly for the future of the o-line and by that the entire offense.  This really, actually, and truly might be a friggin' viable solution in the minds of this organization.  Let a very good guard go, move one of the best OTs in the game inside, and play an absolute incompetent at LT.  

You can guess that they aren't signing a viable FA form the outside if they let Zeitler walk, and they seem hell bent on making this Ogbuehi thing happen, so an early draft pick is unlikely.  Yikes.  

Buckle up, Buckaroos!
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 03:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ogbuehi shows me no strength in motion.  If you cant move a defender off of the ball on a run play, what makes you think that you can get any leverage on a defender while back peddling?

Exactly, so LT could easily become a draft priority.

Reply/Quote