Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
odell beckem
(12-23-2015, 03:42 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Actually, people wouldn't have lost their minds.  If nothing happened during the game, it probably would be just another non-story.

Can you imagine if all of the dialogue that is said in the heat of an NFL game was shared to the public?

Waiving a bat at a player? I think people would have been talking about that. Instead, nobody noticed because Beckham was acting like an idiot on camera.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Apparently it was like the 7th game they have had the bats? And swinging it on the sidelines isn't directly threatening to a specific player...

I'm not downplaying it either, it's all stupid. However, essentially, Beckham is saying he "went off" because of the words said to him before the game, which naturally, caused stories to be written about what those words were.

Imagine if everything said on a field made the news? You would have this group and that group and this organization and that organization complaining every week.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 03:56 PM)Benton Wrote: Waiving a bat at a player? I think people would have been talking about that. Instead, nobody noticed because Beckham was acting like an idiot on camera.

Do we have video of this or is it just he said she said? 
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 04:06 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Do we have video of this or is it just he said she said? 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14422493/ron-rivera-carolina-panthers-no-more-bats-denies-gay-slurs

Quote:Nevertheless, Rivera said his players no longer will use the bat as a motivational symbol as the Panthers (14-0) chase a perfect regular-season record.

In a memo responding to the Panthers carrying bats onto the field to use as motivation, NFL executive vice president of football operations Troy Vincent reminded teams "that no foreign objects unrelated to the uniform or playing equipment are permitted on the playing field and sidelines on game day (which includes the pregame period, during the game, and postgame on the field).

I don't really get the idea of bringing a bat to a football game. I go to Predator games and I've never seen anyone out on the ice with a basketball. I've been to 'Cards games and the guys aren't out there playing croquette.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 04:01 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Apparently it was like the 7th game they have had the bats?  And swinging it on the sidelines isn't directly threatening to a specific player...

A threat isn't in the action, it's in the way an action is interpreted. You might not feel threatened by someone's action; the guy next to you might be terrified.

Beckham — and others in the Giants org — are saying the guy was waiving the bat at Beckham while the trash talk was ongoing. That's a threat if Beckham took it that way. Which, apparently, he did.
Reply/Quote
Where's the Cody Wallace suspension? WTF

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 04:24 PM)Benton Wrote: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14422493/ron-rivera-carolina-panthers-no-more-bats-denies-gay-slurs

I don't really get the idea of bringing a bat to a football game. I go to Predator games and I've never seen anyone out on the ice with a basketball. I've been to 'Cards games and the guys aren't out there playing croquette.

So just he said she said.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 04:40 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: So just he said she said.

I googled it. Deadspin came up in the search claiming to have video, but I can't get on the site at work.

So...

Dunno. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 04:47 PM)Benton Wrote: I googled it. Deadspin came up in the search claiming to have video, but I can't get on the site at work.

So...

Dunno. 

I'd like to see the video of the threat and the slurs.  I mean it's not like Beckham isn't known for extracurricular activity during a game.  But hey, maybe it is true that his sensibilities are so touchy that being called names before the game causes him to loose his mind.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 04:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: Where's the Cody Wallace suspension? WTF

He probably would have gotten one had his behavior throughout the game had been similar to Beckham's.  I watched both games from beginning to end.  I've never seen anything like Beckham, ever.  Closest I can think of is when Courtland Finnegan and that other dude got into it.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 04:53 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: He probably would have gotten one had his behavior throughout the game had been similar to Beckham's.  I watched both games from beginning to end.  I've never seen anything like Beckham, ever.  Closest I can think of is when Courtland Finnegan and that other dude got into it.

That's a fair point....dude was insane in the brain almost from the coin flip.  The two hits in question were about the same thing though....Beckham probably should have been sidelined before that ever happened.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 05:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's a fair point....dude was insane in the brain almost from the coin flip.  The two hits in question were about the same thing though....Beckham probably should have been sidelined before that ever happened.

I kept saying that the whole time.  I could not understand why it didn't seem like the coaching staff was trying to get him under control.  Beckham wants to make comments about a missed field goal, but let's be honest they probably have a better chance at winning that game if he doesn't go all 12 year old psychopath on the field.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 05:13 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I kept saying that the whole time.  I could not understand why it didn't seem like the coaching staff was trying to get him under control.  Beckham wants to make comments about a missed field goal, but let's be honest they probably have a better chance at winning that game if he doesn't go all 12 year old psychopath on the field.

Absolutely.  I can't believe Coughlin let that slide.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 04:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: Where's the Cody Wallace suspension? WTF

not gonna happen since thats the first time hes done something like that

quit whining
People suck
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 05:19 PM)Griever Wrote: not gonna happen since thats the first time hes done something like that

quit whining

Mhmmm.....

[Image: starks.gif?w=351&h=197]

Rolleyes

Reply/Quote