Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joey Harrington Essay
https://thecauldron.si.com/despite-what-you-may-think-my-nfl-career-was-a-success-179aeca1b1e7#.eu7d4ecm3

Pretty interesting. Well worth the read.
Reply/Quote
When you take a look at it in hindsight, is there really a worse career trajectory to go on than that? Matt Millen to Nick Saban to Bobby Petrino?

Sure Harrington was never the most gifted, but I can think of few players who could have success like that. Good to see that he is satisfied with how it went, as that is really all that is important in the end.
Reply/Quote
Harrington is a great guy. He's out and about in Portland and does radio sometimes. He always talks about the Oregon Ducks. The thing that amazed me is that he did an interview where he said he never fully cared about the NFL. He just loved college football that much. In interviews he would somehow steer conversations into his college career or talk about the sport in general. Sadly, his NFL career was so disappointing. He does seem to have found peace and that's good.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Too bad he was just stuck on a bad team. This is obviously the biggest issue for most of these guys.

Couch was another that I think would have been ok had he been on a good team.
Reply/Quote
good read
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote