Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
our new punter
Good, gutsy win today but I cant help but be concerned over the Punting situation. Chrisman plain sucked today.
He looked good last couple games and we let go his mentor and then boom he lays a egg like this. We will need better if we are going to go deep into playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:59 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Good, gutsy win today but I cant help but be concerned over the Punting situation. Chrisman plain sucked today.
He looked good last couple games and we let go his mentor and then boom he lays a egg like this. We will need better if we are going to go deep into playoffs.

Not the best of days for either of our featured legs.  Evan with another missed extra point and still kicking short on kickoffs. Anyone have an idea why is is kicking so many returnable kickoffs?
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Special teams were terrible all around today. Missed extra point, penalties, bad punts, etc.

Simmons needs to get his guys straightened out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Pssst. Did you see the one that flipped field position 80 yards?  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:59 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Good, gutsy win today but I cant help but be concerned over the Punting situation. Chrisman plain sucked today.

Huber's still here, just on the practice squad. He said he wanted to continue to mentor Chrisman while he kept his own punting sharp. 
Reply/Quote
Come back Huber!! You don’t kick 25 yarders at least
Reply/Quote
Bad hang time even on his “good” punts

At least he can hold snaps from Ademitis
Reply/Quote
This was a typical game to Huber. Atypical for our current punter.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 07:12 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Come back Huber!! You don’t kick 25 yarders at least

He certainly has more than a few times.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
He's not going to be great every single game. 

Jeez...are we just looking for things to complain about?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Hey, at least he didn't do this:

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 07:12 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Come back Huber!! You don’t kick 25 yarders at least

I think you're kidding, but if you're not, then Huber had a 27-yarder and a 32-yarder this season.
Reply/Quote
He had 1 bad punt, 2 mediocre.

As Faulk said, heès not going to be perfect 100% of the time.

Did any of the not-good punts affect us? Exactly.

Bet he balls out next game.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 07:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's not going to be great every single game. 

Jeez...are we just looking for things to complain about?

Thanks, you beat me to it... We win next week and the waterboy will have done something wrong.....people
Reply/Quote
There's a solution to this.

Don't punt
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 07:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hey, at least he didn't do this:

whoopsie... Damn you Orville Reddenbaucher!!
Reply/Quote
I mean he probably affected that turrible McPherson Xp too? Lol
Reply/Quote
I'm wondering if he was hurting a bit from getting bent in half in the first half.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 10:57 PM)Earendil Wrote: I'm wondering if he was hurting a bit from getting bent in half in the first half.

Could be; the 25 yarder also had him roughed up a bit.

Hey, for someone that punted, "so badly," he still averaged 41 (not great, but not awful), 2 inside 20 and boomed a 51 yarder.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 07:04 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Not the best of days for either of our featured legs.  Evan with another missed extra point and still kicking short on kickoffs. Anyone have an idea why is is kicking so many returnable kickoffs?

The short kickoffs are on purpose. He's trying to hit it just short of the goal line so the other team runs it out. You will.most.likely.stop them short of the 20 or there's a chance for a fumble. I like it. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote