Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
our new punter
Lucky he was not hurt on the roughing, he was definitely in a vulnerable position when hit
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 07:04 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Not the best of days for either of our featured legs.  Evan with another missed extra point and still kicking short on kickoffs. Anyone have an idea why is is kicking so many returnable kickoffs?

Simmons call on the kickoffs. Evan can boom them out of the end zone. Simmons believes the coverage team can get down there before the returner hits the 25.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I’m pretty sure he got ran into on the one that was really bad, I remember Zac being pretty upset for the no call.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 08:16 AM)fozzie11 Wrote: I’m pretty sure he got ran into on the one that was really bad, I remember Zac being pretty upset for the no call.

CBS didn't show a replay of the 25-yard punt. On first glance, I thought his own player got pushed into Chrisman, not a roughing call. Would be nice to see a replay or get an explanation.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 10:29 AM)Nepa Wrote: CBS didn't show a replay of the 25-yard punt. On first glance, I thought his own player got pushed into Chrisman, not a roughing call. Would be nice to see a replay or get an explanation.

Yes, another bengal ran into Chrisman
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 10:54 AM)Anarumo_Savant Wrote: Yes, another bengal ran into Chrisman

Gotcha, I knew I saw him on the ground after the play, makes sense that the punt was bad then
Reply/Quote
For whatever it might be worth, I was watching Chrisman and the Cleveland punter pre-game. Browns punter consistently punted higher, farther, and it wasn't even close.

I know that there's more to punting than hang time and distance. Maybe Chrisman was working on placement, although it didn't look like it.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 11:38 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The short kickoffs are on purpose. He's trying to hit it just short of the goal line so the other team runs it out. You will.most.likely.stop them short of the 20 or there's a chance for a fumble. I like it. 

I keep thinking these are on purpose. just short of the goal line so we can stop them at the 20. the punts the same. as i sat in the stadium pre game watching warm ups he was practicing kicking low and medium range. his catcher never moved from that spot and he punted it 40 yards and low every time with a high hop. the only thing i can think of is peoples-jones had a PR touchdown the week before and this was their answer instead of booming it.
Reply/Quote