Poll: Dalton has a 90+ passer rating this year
yes, over
no, under
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
over/under Dalton having a 90+ passer rating
(08-07-2015, 07:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I predicted a 90+ rating last year, but we obviously had significant injuries at WR and TE. So I'll predict 90+ for Dalton this year. I think he's capable of that with everyone healthy. It'd help if he started playing better against the Browns.

Here's Dalton's numbers over the last 2 years against everyone except the Browns:

92.2 passer rating
65.0% completion rate
7.63 yards/attempt
1.63 TD to INT ratio

In 4 games against the Browns:

43.2 passer rating
47.6% completion rate
3.98 yards/attempt
0.43 TD to INT ratio

Andy is scared to death of Joe Haden so he shies away from AJ, which is bound to make for a long day.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 11:13 PM)McC Wrote: Andy is scared to death of Joe Haden so he shies away from AJ, which is bound to make for a long day.

Or maybe Green just gets whooped by Haden? Maybe a little of both? but I don't see too many times where Green beats Haden.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 11:19 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Or maybe Green just gets whooped by Haden? Maybe a little of both? but I don't see too many times where Green beats Haden.

That doesn't explain why Dalton couldn't throw the ball to anyone else in that Thursday Night game, does it?  Oh I'm sure you have a reason it does, though.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 10:46 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A strong running game, with proper use of backs and TEs in the passing game, can send a QBs rating through the roof.

Last year he had a strong running game down the stretch and excellent protection. Didn't seem to have much of an impact on his performance. 
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 11:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That doesn't explain why Dalton couldn't throw the ball to anyone else in that Thursday Night game, does it?  Oh I'm sure you have a reason it does, though.

Yeah, because the worst game of Daltons career happens every time he plays Cleveland right?
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 12:24 AM)Utts Wrote: Last year he had a strong running game down the stretch and excellent protection. Didn't seem to have much of an impact on his performance. 

It didn't help he was throwing to practice squad players, but let's ignore that.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 12:28 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah, because the worst game of Daltons career happens every time he plays Cleveland right?

He seems inordinately bad against them, so it's only fitting he has an abysmal game against them, yes.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 12:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: He seems inordinately bad against them, so it's only fitting he has an abysmal game against them, yes.

He actually has only played bad against them the last two years, but keep trying to act like it's been his whole career.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 12:52 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: He actually has only played bad against them the last two years, but keep trying to act like it's been his whole career.

It speaks volumes that you can just casually brush off how poorly Andy has played against the laughing stock of the NFL in 4 straight games.

"Oh yeah? Well 4 years ago he didn't play like shit against them, so HA! Jokes on you guys!"
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton outside of Cleveland & Colts game
68.4 %, 7.8 yards attempt, 3,186 yards, 19 TD, 14 INT, 92.6 Qb rating
Andy's Cleveland & Colts game
39.4%,3.0 yards attempt, 212 yards, 0 TD, 3 INTs, 29 QB rating 

Andy was pretty good for the majority of the season but he had 2 horrific games that ruined his season stats.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 01:12 AM)djs7685 Wrote: It speaks volumes that you can just casually brush off how poorly Andy has played against the laughing stock of the NFL in 4 straight games.

"Oh yeah? Well 4 years ago he didn't play like shit against them, so HA! Jokes on you guys!"

Yeah them having a top 10 pass defense the past couple of years had nothing to do with it. Just because they have a trash offense doesn't mean their defense sucks.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 01:20 AM)J24 Wrote: Andy Dalton outside of Cleveland & Colts game
68.4 %, 7.8 yards attempt, 3,186 yards, 19 TD, 14 INT, 92.6 Qb rating
Andy's Cleveland & Colts game
39.4%,3.0 yards attempt, 212 yards, 0 TD, 3 INTs, 29 QB rating 

Andy was pretty good for the majority of the season but he had 2 horrific games that ruined his season stats.

I'm on my phone so it's not so easy right now, could you do the same for the Saints game and PIT1??

Maybe we could also say that he was pretty bad for the majority of the season but had 2 good games that skewed his stats.

Obviously I don't think that, but those of us that watched him play every game knows that he wasn't good all year except for 2 random games. He hit a rough spot and never seemed to re-gain his confidence other than randomly catching fire against NO.

I think Andy will be fine in 2015, but let's not forget that it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows last year for him even if we take out his 2 worst games.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 01:26 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I'm on my phone so it's not so easy right now, could you do the same for the Saints game and PIT1??

Maybe we could also say that he was pretty bad for the majority of the season but had 2 good games that skewed his stats.

Obviously I don't think that, but those of us that watched him play every game knows that he wasn't good all year except for 2 random games. He hit a rough spot and never seemed to re-gain his confidence other than randomly catching fire against NO.

I think Andy will be fine in 2015, but let's not forget that it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows last year for him even if we take out his 2 worst games.

Yeah, because there was no injuries on offense that would prevent him from playing well right?
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 01:22 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah then having a top 10 pass defense the past couple of years had nothing to do with it. Just because they have a trash offense doesn't mean their defense sucks.

Lol you're so obsessed.

Do you make excuses for Russell Wilson too? What about the Bengals receivers? What about the Bengals defense? Oh, you don't? Interesting.

I like how you can never, ever, ever, EVER just say one remotely negative thing about a guy that isn't great at his position. It's unbelievable.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 01:27 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah, because there was no injuries on offense that would prevent him from playing well right?

Okay so you admit that he isn't a good enough QB to perform when things go wrong around him? *cue the Tom Brady in 2013 excuse*

Thanks, I guess your constant bullshit excuses are good for something.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 01:27 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Lol you're so obsessed.

Do you make excuses for Russell Wilson too? What about the Bengals receivers? What about the Bengals defense? Oh, you don't? Interesting.

I like how you can never, ever, ever, EVER just say one remotely negative thing about a guy that isn't great at his position. It's unbelievable.

Yeah, because you're not always trying to make it seem like Dalton is worse than what he is... Just look at your last two posts

(08-08-2015, 01:12 AM)djs7685 Wrote: It speaks volumes that you can just casually brush off how poorly Andy has played against the laughing stock of the NFL in 4 straight games.

djs7685
I'm on my phone so it's not so easy right now, could you do the same for the Saints game and PIT1??

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 01:29 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Okay so you admit that he isn't a good enough QB to perform when things go wrong around him? *cue the Tom Brady in 2013 excuse*

Thanks, I guess your constant bullshit excuses are good for something.

Are you just mad that the facts back up what I say?
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 12:28 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah, because the worst game of Daltons career happens every time he plays Cleveland right?

(08-08-2015, 01:22 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah them having a top 10 pass defense the past couple of years had nothing to do with it.

(08-08-2015, 01:27 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah, because there was no injuries on offense that would prevent him from playing well right?

(08-08-2015, 01:30 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah, because you're not always trying to make it seem like Dalton is worse than what he is... Just look at your last two posts

(08-08-2015, 01:36 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah, because no one else in the league get's that treatment right?

"Yeah, *insert condescending question or statement*"

Keep trollin', trollin', trollin
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 01:39 AM)djs7685 Wrote: "Yeah, *insert condescending question or statement*"

Keep trollin', trollin', trollin

Ok bud. I know you don't have a rebuttal for everything that I said that was completely true. Maybe you will think of something the next time. Just keep on using the troll card when you can't backup your opinion.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 01:26 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I'm on my phone so it's not so easy right now, could you do the same for the Saints game and PIT1??

Fair point. Excluding 1st Pit and New Orleans games  63.1 %, 6.7 yards attempt, 2,876, 14, 17 INTs, 76.9

Excluding 1st Pit, New Orleans, Colts, 1st Browns game 67.8 %, 7.4 yards attempt, 2,664 yards, 14 TDs, 14 INTs, 86.9. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote